Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Love and Dating > so..
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts kid.

so..

a teen/young adult relationship can be a wonderful asset to your life, if you are mature enough to handle it well.

- you should be honest and caring; try not to always think of what the person lacks, but instead what he/she has to give.
- you should place looks at the appropriate level when searching for a relationship; however, it's needless to say that appreciating personality is the signs of a true gentleman and lady with class.
- you should always give a second chance, since mistakes are what make us so hopelessly human; giving chances repeatedly on the other hand, makes you nothing more than a dependent fool.
- your relationship should be important, but not all-consuming. don't let it hinder you from spending time doing the things which you know should be of high priority to you at that point and time.
- don't misuse the word 'love'. there are still those in this world who know the value of this word; regardless of how right it feels, make sure you truly know what it means before speaking it to the one you are seeing.
- your boyfriend or girlfriend should inspire you to be a better person and do better things; if you don't see your morals stay intact or your virtues improving throughout the relationship, you should reconsider your motives for seeing this person altogether.
- sex. know the consequences, both physical and mental. regardless of how you perceive yourself, it is the world who has the final say in your innocence. make sure you know the importance of the act; don't confuse making love and having sex... they are as different as night and day.
- compromising is an important aspect of any relationship; know when to be selfish, know when to cut your losses. but most importantly, just know it takes two.
- despite arguments backing what you believe to be hormones and human nature, admiring/thinking/lusting over someone else other than the one you are engaged in a relationship with is a sure sign that your heart is not where it belongs.
- you should have separate friends from the ones your boyfriend/girlfriend has. sharing friends is not at all wrong; however, it does provide for difficult situations at times, most likely after the relationship has ended or possibly during it.
- trust your mate unconditionally, since trust is one of the most important foundations of a relationship. it is your fault if you choose to go out with someone with loose morals, and it is just as much your fault if you instill jealousy into a relationship with someone you know you should trust. if you can't trust someone, then don't bother engaging in a relationship with him or her in the first place.
- if money ever becomes even a slight factor in a relationship, it's needless to say it's time to call it quits. the man should want to pay for his girl; the girl should *genuinely* want to pay for her own.
- the men should always give four things to a girl in a successful relationship: respect, a dozen roses, a shoulder to cry on, and a beautiful ring.
- the women should always give just three things to a guy in a successful relationship: affection, a from-the-heart love letter, and reassurance from time to time that he's someone undoubtedly special in your life.

- simply said, your mate should complement your life, not conflict with it. every relationship has its hardships; if there were no sorrows in the world, how would we distinguish what happiness is? the fact is that a relationship is wonderful because it holds for you a special person you can share your life with. it fails to be wonderful when it turns into something you have to constantly stress and be weary about.

i may not be wise beyond my years just yet; i am still learning the ropes of the relationship world just like many of you are doing today. however, i have experienced enough, either personally or through counselling friends, to impart a few pieces of advice like this to you in hopes that you might read them with an open mind and perhaps take some of the points seriously to change your relationships for the better.

i know that in order to get a wonderful girl, i must be wonderful myself. try to always remember that if you are currently single: strive to be the kind of person with a respectable character you'd like to find in your ideal mate, since you only deserve someone who is as desirable as yourself.

face the facts, love and dating is what you make it. it is up to you to decide who you associate yourself with, and it is up to you to follow through on the responsibilities of a relationship in order to make it work successfully. so good luck to those currently in a relationship, as well as to those still searching for one to be a part of. single or not, the same principles for building a respectable character will always apply.

- psytek

Last edited by psyTeK ver. 2.0 on 08-17-2004 at 10:24 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-16-2004 09:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for psyTeK ver. 2.0 Click here to Send psyTeK ver. 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by psyTeK ver. 2.0 Add psyTeK ver. 2.0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

great... hows yours?

u back posting again too?

Old Post 08-16-2004 06:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Everything is going excellent.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 08-16-2004 07:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MaGiKToToRo
~dance~

mah hands' doing just fine, how about u?

Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours."

-Sweedish Proverb

aim: MaGiKToToRo
xanga: MaGiKToToRo

Old Post 08-16-2004 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MaGiKToToRo Click here to Send MaGiKToToRo a Private Message Visit MaGiKToToRo's homepage! Find more posts by MaGiKToToRo Add MaGiKToToRo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

he said love life, not sex life.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 08-17-2004 12:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
craziistarz
where is the love?

non existant to a certain extent. lol

Schopenhauer's definition of the Sublime is the contemplation of Beauty under threatening circumstances. But one may gaze at a beautiful girl in a thunderstorm, and that would not be the Sublime...The Sublime is not Beauty, but something else, which is related to Beauty, yet transcends it

Old Post 08-17-2004 02:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for craziistarz Click here to Send craziistarz a Private Message Visit craziistarz's homepage! Find more posts by craziistarz Add craziistarz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by craziistarz
non existant to a certain extent. lol

Yea me too... technically.

Well...

Old Post 08-17-2004 03:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts kid.

i felt obligated to post one worthwhile thread on this forum, since it's something i do once every year or so. if you read it, i hope you get something from it; if not, that's fine too.

face the facts and feel somewhat enlightened, since the next one won't appear for a very, very long while.

- psytek

Last edited by psyTeK ver. 2.0 on 08-17-2004 at 10:20 AM

Old Post 08-17-2004 10:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for psyTeK ver. 2.0 Click here to Send psyTeK ver. 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by psyTeK ver. 2.0 Add psyTeK ver. 2.0 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by psyTeK ver. 2.0
i felt obligated to post one worthwhile thread on this forum, since it's something i do once every year or so. if you read it, i hope you get something from it; if not, that's fine too.

face the facts and feel somewhat enlightened, since the next one won't appear for a very, very long while.

- psytek

aaaahahahahahaha i remember those "face the facts" days.... lol

Old Post 08-18-2004 05:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

A bunch of teenie boppers hit on me today.

Old Post 08-20-2004 03:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

so true...
i'm currently in a relationship past a year and a month, and there were many hardships involved. fights, arguments, but in the end we all worked things out. Working your problems out in the relationship is one of the top priorities a person must need to work out, and must not be afraid to take the initiative. Yes, regardless to say there were mistakes that seem to be inerasable, but as time passes by it seems to heal itself. Not completely, but enough to make you move on.
Patience is required in all relationships, and it turns out because of the lack of patience and trust is the number one killer of relationships. You may try to avoid conflicts and arguments, but why must you? Those are the things that balance the relationship out, like the yin and the yang. From my experiences, conflicts and arguments made me into a better person in the end. It made me realize how to approach things differently and react to it in a different manner. For example, if your feeling upset, don't hide any feelings from your partner no matter how much pain you feel. Because from her(him) perspective it seems as though your not trusting them to your fullest, which creates doubt in your relationship, thus lacking of trust. That happened numerous times, and i realized as i went on, saying my inner feelings to the truest, strengthened our trust and emotions towards each other. Although the words you say when your feeling down may never come out right, don't be afraid to say what you feel because your partner will try their best to understand and will know that you don't mean to intentionally hurt her. It's the bond you share and the "click" you feel in the relationship. As for me, i honestly think i found love because love isn't all about the "happy go lucky" type of thing. It's the emotion and expression you give to the person, trust, caring, and pain. Love is so hard to define in many ways, and i've been challenged upon it so many times. Honestly, love doesn't happen in a week. You build love from what you have, and if you don't love yourself you will never love your partner. People honestly think they find love and go into a relationship and end up breaking up. Well guess what i tell them, you didn't find love. Or maybe you did, but he(she) didn't love you back, even if he(she) did say those words to you. When you find love, its when you get into fights, arguments, have pain with eachother, have problems with eachother at the same time feel the urge to forgive, have the urge to apologize with your heart because you know no matter what happens, i will still care and trust for her. STILL have the courage to trust and care is a true definition of love, no matter what types of pain and endurance you may face.
on the other hand, love isn't all about pain, its about joy too. The feeling you feel in your heart, because once you overcome everything you need to face, your emotions are so much easier to express. Your lying next to each other, and tell her that you'll never let her go, you'll always remember her when she leaves, and somehow know that you two belong to each other. People are afraid that they might not acknowledge their true feelings, but if you know you two are in love, both of you will know that the words you say are true and come from your heart. The tears that flow out of both your eyes are not tears of pity, but tears of endless emotions telling you no matter what happens i'll love you till the end. No matter how many times you hold each other hands, you'll always feel it as though it is new sensation going to your body.
I found love, and till this day i keep on loving my girl more and more. Love doesn't die, it gets stronger until the end. And i know for a fact in my heart she feels the same. Its the assurance that you know in both of your hearts, the care and trust that makes defintion of love with pain.
and girls, if you just show and reassure that you love your man every now and then they'll feel like a million bucks. Just saying the words, "I love you" at the right moments can change around a mans emotions, especially when hes feeling depressed or upset.
and guys, just be a shoulder to lean on. Just let her know that you care, and always think things twice before doing anything. A woman is sensitive, and even though you may not know it, a lot of the small things you say gets taken in personally.
well there you know, some more advice for you folks. =]

Old Post 11-23-2004 02:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote