Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Homework Help > i need help in geometry!!!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lilkrnangel
Titeness!!!~

Angry i need help in geometry!!!!

if any people use the mcdougal littell/houghton mifflin book on the chapter 12 review???? i need help!! please help meeh!@!!!

thanks jkme

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-30-2002 01:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lilkrnangel Click here to Send lilkrnangel a Private Message Find more posts by lilkrnangel Add lilkrnangel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AiSH
o wha

the 1's tha can prolly help you are the 1s tha already took geometry.. meanin they prolly dun have the books..

jus ask the ?s and we'll try our best.

Old Post 04-30-2002 02:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AiSH Click here to Send AiSH a Private Message Find more posts by AiSH Add AiSH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lilkrnangel
Titeness!!!~

Angry

how do you find the volume of cylinder base and spherical/pyramidal top section??? :huh:

thanks jkme

Old Post 05-02-2002 03:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lilkrnangel Click here to Send lilkrnangel a Private Message Find more posts by lilkrnangel Add lilkrnangel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

I think it's area of a cylinder( 3.14 x radius squared) plus area of a cone 1/3 x 3.14 x radius squared

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Babu2002

Rite, its (pie)(r)(^2)

Old Post 05-04-2002 05:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Babu2002 Click here to Send Babu2002 a Private Message Find more posts by Babu2002 Add Babu2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

geometry? remember everything about geometry if you're going to take calculus later. cause some of that geometry stuff will come back and haunt you again. puhahahah....(?)

Old Post 05-05-2002 04:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by annabanana
geometry? remember everything about geometry if you're going to take calculus later. cause some of that geometry stuff will come back and haunt you again. puhahahah....(?)

how nice

Old Post 05-05-2002 05:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

quote:
Originally posted by AiSH
the 1's tha can prolly help you are the 1s tha already took geometry.. meanin they prolly dun have the books..

jus ask the ?s and we'll try our best.

heh..das funny..yet trOo..
geometry sucks~

Old Post 05-05-2002 07:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by lilkrnangel
how do you find the volume of cylinder base and spherical/pyramidal top section??? :huh:

so really... you are talking about a cone??? Trust me, it's a cone... and I know what I'm talking about!

well, you have surface area(SA), lateral area(LA), and base(BA)

LA=3.14 times radius times length
BA=3.14 times radius squared
SA=3.14 times radius times length plus 3.14 times radius squared or LA plus BA....

get it? Hahaha... I love geometry!

Old Post 05-05-2002 04:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drunken Master
Umm... Yeah...

I think what ur talking about is a cone...
I'm pretty sure the volume for it is:

(1/3)pi*r^3

Old Post 05-05-2002 09:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drunken Master Click here to Send Drunken Master a Private Message Find more posts by Drunken Master Add Drunken Master to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i think thats the area, though is it r^3? or r^2? I think it's squared not cubed. So it's (1/3)(pi)(r^2)

An easy way to remember it is this: Area of any cone of cylinder. Just remember, length times height is always the area in some form. Cylinder...take one of the bases, the area of that is the length, and multiply that by the height. So it's (pi)(r^2) * (height). Same for cones or pyramids except it's 1/3 of it.

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 05-06-2002 at 06:58 PM

Old Post 05-06-2002 06:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote