Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Homework Help > SAT's studying
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mizundastood

SAT's studying

how do you prepare for the SATs? any advice?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-12-2002 03:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mizundastood Click here to Send mizundastood a Private Message Find more posts by mizundastood Add mizundastood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

i never studied for sats, i took sats once, and i partied the night before sats LOL, have fun =)

Old Post 09-12-2002 03:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: SAT's studying

quote:
Originally posted by mizundastood
how do you prepare for the SATs? any advice?

practice, practice, practice, practice

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 09-12-2002 04:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

books.. use books like collegeboard"s "10 Real SAT's" The new one is tha red one.. Barron's "Hot Words" this one is realli good if yoo hav trouble wit vocabs, yoo learn werdds madd fast.. and mah fave, Kaplan SAT books.. Kaplan makes it reallie easy to studie, madd examples, and teaches yoo how to remember stuph better fer takin tha satz.. each books are onli about 15-25 dollas, so madd cheap.. thas how i studied it and mah first SAT score wen i wuz freshman wuz 1280.. dun waste money on tudors and hagwons, itz worthless, since they teach, buh yoo dun learn til yoo try yourself, so books and studyin by yourself is best way!!

Old Post 09-12-2002 08:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

haha u can have my sat books...theyre brand new! never even opened!

Old Post 09-12-2002 08:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

I heard Kaplan is a good study thingy.
I also heard that playing scrabble is good to. Try doing both and see if it works. (Please do not blame me if you get lower than a 200 on the SAT.)

Old Post 09-17-2002 02:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

quote:
Originally posted by tea
i never studied for sats, i took sats once, and i partied the night before sats LOL, have fun =)

you. smart people.

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
i will be right here waiting for you

Old Post 09-17-2002 11:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

Re: Re: SAT's studying

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

practice, practice, practice, practice

listen to vic. hes smart.....

even tho i never bothered to seriously study for the SATs, i recommend the princeton review books...their style seems to be different....i did read some of that the nite before my first SATs i took, n i did decently

Old Post 09-18-2002 04:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
angelicxshield
Fobulous

u dont study for the test . . onli thing u can prolli do is keep reading to gain vocabulary . . since math . . pay attention in algebra and geometry and you'll do fine lol . . (not that bad . . just dun panic during the test)

Old Post 09-19-2002 09:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for angelicxshield Click here to Send angelicxshield a Private Message Visit angelicxshield's homepage! Find more posts by angelicxshield Add angelicxshield to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

come on ppl sat's are pretti serious tests.. yoo need to studie.. get books, best thingz!! it werkked fer mee!! kaplan, Barrons and 10 Real SAT's!! onli 15-20 buks!! go get it!!

Old Post 09-21-2002 04:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KoreanDevil

quote:
Originally posted by jini

you. smart people.

i know

Old Post 09-23-2002 08:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KoreanDevil Click here to Send KoreanDevil a Private Message Find more posts by KoreanDevil Add KoreanDevil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

bookz n those practice tests online n in d application bookletz

Old Post 09-26-2002 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iLLmaTiC_aNgeL
-huney B-

read a good novel, newspaper or a news mag (like TIMES) and look up any words you dont know..practice with flashcards..study up on some Latin root words and prefixes and suffixes as well..for math, i dont know..its seems like a "you know it or you dont" kinda thing..jus know when to use certain formulas that they give you on the test...um i dont know..never seen ppl really study for the math section

Old Post 09-29-2002 04:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iLLmaTiC_aNgeL Click here to Send iLLmaTiC_aNgeL a Private Message Find more posts by iLLmaTiC_aNgeL Add iLLmaTiC_aNgeL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

For Vocab: Buy Flashcards w. the vocabulary on them.
Just run through them whenever you have time...<during commercials, while reading the boards(if that's possible), while you eat...etc>

if you can't find vocab flashcards, then make them w/ notecards-
gl.

Old Post 09-30-2002 12:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote