Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > School Life > Countdown to APs!!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

Exclamation Countdown to APs!!

All righty, I know that some of you are going to be taking the AP Exams sometime in the near, or should I say, VERY near future...
So, how well prepared ARE you?

me: I studied so hard last night that I made my first butt groove in my chair!! Got home, checked my email and stuff, put "Do Not Disturb: studying" sign on my door, closed it, sat in my chair, turned on the lamp, opened the books, took out the pens and highlighters, and STUDIED!!! Why?? Had 2 practice exams today, consecutively too... Since 4 pm yesterday, I've only had iced-coffee with table spoons of sugar, 1 cup of water with my dinner, and milk for my cereal breakfast this morning... :sleepy: I was going to pull an all-nighter, but I ended up sleeping at midnight. But I did pretty all right, as far as the multiple choice questions go :satisfy: Now I'm hear, back from school and posting this. Now, 2 more weeks! 2 more weeks!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-28-2002 03:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i f*ked...i think

good thing i only have one AP

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-28-2002 04:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hyunnie03
kang ta's yujah

my ap teacher didn't teach us anything so i'm pretty messed up

Old Post 04-28-2002 04:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hyunnie03 Click here to Send hyunnie03 a Private Message Visit hyunnie03's homepage! Find more posts by hyunnie03 Add hyunnie03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

i'm not taking APs this year(sophomore),

my history teacher last year

"Hey mr teacher, can i take AP next year?"
"You know Andrew, you can take AP if you really want to but i think you'll feel more comfortable in an honors class" (Then he circles regents)

btw the course advanceness thingy is
AP (Highest)
Honors
Regents

Old Post 04-28-2002 05:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AiSH
o wha

got ap euro in 2 weeks
and ap chem in 3 weeks

Old Post 04-28-2002 06:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AiSH Click here to Send AiSH a Private Message Find more posts by AiSH Add AiSH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sHyGrLy012

Gosh...I'm so worried 'bout freakin' AP Tests!
I hope I'll pass...cause $80 is a lot of money...
I better start cramming...

Old Post 04-29-2002 05:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sHyGrLy012 Click here to Send sHyGrLy012 a Private Message Visit sHyGrLy012's homepage! Find more posts by sHyGrLy012 Add sHyGrLy012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AiSH
o wha

you actually paid the 80?
phew..
good thing i'm poor and ghetto.
i paid 15 for each.

Old Post 04-29-2002 05:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AiSH Click here to Send AiSH a Private Message Find more posts by AiSH Add AiSH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FinklFan

MY government teacher is preparing us so well the whole class is conident about getting 4's or 5's. I dont know they seem pretty tricky to me~

Old Post 04-29-2002 07:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FinklFan Click here to Send FinklFan a Private Message Find more posts by FinklFan Add FinklFan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tenshi

ughh.. makes me think of endangered species.... when they're in captivity.. if they're past their reproductive prime, then they're already dead. they're no good to their species anymore. that's kinda the way i'm feeling right now. no chance to make up for the time i've lost..... might as well kill me now. :sad:

i have 2 ap's. may 10 and may 15. i'm beyond panicking, beyond fearing these tests. no need to fear what you know you'll already fail..

This is me down on my knees
These foolish games are tearing me apart
And your thoughtless words are breaking my heart
Excuse me, think I've mistaken you for somebody else
Somebody who gave a damn
Somebody more like myself

Old Post 04-29-2002 07:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tenshi Click here to Send tenshi a Private Message Find more posts by tenshi Add tenshi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

quote:
Originally posted by tenshi
ughh.. makes me think of endangered species.... when they're in captivity.. if they're past their reproductive prime, then they're already dead. they're no good to their species anymore. that's kinda the way i'm feeling right now. no chance to make up for the time i've lost..... might as well kill me now. :sad:

i have 2 ap's. may 10 and may 15. i'm beyond panicking, beyond fearing these tests. no need to fear what you know you'll already fail..

aw julianne, try not to think like that [: think positively and just try your best. if you tried ur best and didn't do too well at least u know you can improve.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

as for me, i'm currently not attending school. just moved here to the states from sydney about a month+ ago.

Old Post 04-29-2002 09:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

Whoa~ More people than I expected! ahaha. Good Luck Everyone! Start your cramming!!
Today, I got my AP Euro Practice exam score back... ahem...
Score: 4. and I didn't even do 1 essay at all the highest score in my class ^_^ i'm such a dork... in Comp Sci, don't know yet, but all I want is a 3.
it'll pay off in college and during may and june. i'm going to have a real early summer vacation! ^^

Old Post 04-30-2002 12:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AiSH
o wha

whoa uniece, good job.
give me some tips on ap euro since you seem to be so good.
my test is next fri.
and we're not even dun w. our book.
we're on the two chs, cold war and on.

can you give me some pointers plz?
and do you kno the test well?
our teacher was pretty vague..
80 some multiple choice, dbq, and 2 essays.
multiple 50% -- dbq and essays 50% rite?

Old Post 04-30-2002 03:28 PM
annabanana
Food Moderator

i'm not studying at all. i'm serious! i'm takin' the AP English Literature test. the worst thing about that is is that it is on a MONDAY at 8:00 AM!

Old Post 05-01-2002 04:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dan
dan

my teacher promised to buy me a steak and a beer if i get a 5 on my stats exam... better start studying.

anyone taking the comp sci AB test?

Old Post 05-01-2002 01:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dan Click here to Send dan a Private Message Find more posts by dan Add dan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by lovedontloveme

aw julianne, try not to think like that [: think positively and just try your best. if you tried ur best and didn't do too well at least u know you can improve.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

as for me, i'm currently not attending school. just moved here to the states from sydney about a month+ ago.

you just moved here? welcome, have fun posting in the forum...from the states

Old Post 05-01-2002 01:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

dammit im going to have FIVE Aps next year...ugh, i can't imagine the stress

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-01-2002 06:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

quote:
Originally posted by AiSH
whoa uniece, good job.
give me some tips on ap euro since you seem to be so good.
my test is next fri.
and we're not even dun w. our book.
we're on the two chs, cold war and on.

can you give me some pointers plz?
and do you kno the test well?
our teacher was pretty vague..
80 some multiple choice, dbq, and 2 essays.
multiple 50% -- dbq and essays 50% rite?

WHOA!! What dah... not done with your book?!?
What book do you use?

I suggest you go buy a couple of review books:
1. Princeton Review's Cracking the AP European History (all editions are the same material) for decent review of the Renaissance & Reformation on
2. REA's AP European History for real in depth review, I mean, EXTENSIVE review. I think that it covered some areas more better than my history book.
The Princeton Review one has 2 full practices AP tests (medium) and the REA one has 6 full ones (hard). All of them detailed answer explanations for multiple choice, DBQ, and essays.
I also suggest reading ahead in your textbook before your class finishes it and find the sections in the review books that cover the same material as your book.
Then as to see your weak and strong points, lock yourself in a room for a full 55 minutes and do a practice multiple choice - don't stop, no matter how distracted you are. Score it the way it tells you in the review book. Then go over the test with the answers and write on another sheet of paper your weak and strong areas and study your weak areas from the review books.

If you're a laid back student, I suggest you just go all out with the Princeton review book.
But, if you're willing to do long hours of study from now on, use both and utilize all that it offers.

Well, for me: my strong part of the exam are the multiple choice questions. Essays and DBQ, I never seem to get past a score of 4 or 5 out of a possible 9.
Tell me your strong part of the exam and I'll see what other tips I can give you.

Old Post 05-02-2002 03:32 PM
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
dammit im going to have FIVE Aps next year...ugh, i can't imagine the stress

What The...?!?!...
Your ARE Crazy!!
ahahaha.
What classes would those be??

Old Post 05-02-2002 03:34 PM
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

quote:
Originally posted by dan
my teacher promised to buy me a steak and a beer if i get a 5 on my stats exam... better start studying.

anyone taking the comp sci AB test?

lucky duck.
Ju Sun took it last year.

I'm absolutely fine with my 3 on the comp sci A test...

Old Post 05-02-2002 03:35 PM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by uNiece

What The...?!?!...
Your ARE Crazy!!
ahahaha.
What classes would those be??

argh...here goes

AP Calc
AP French
AP Latin
AP Bio (this is gonna be really hard)
AP Euro

oh yea, and i found that Princeton Review sucks as a review book lol. But REA's is amazing. Buy that first...and study it all day. Nothing else is better

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-02-2002 03:45 PM