Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > what's interesting
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

what's interesting

Today's developments in technology. We don't have laser guns do we?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-22-2005 05:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

Can you fit that technology into a gun? yet?

lol.

What's interesting these days? I don't really know. I'm not really impressed with anything anymore.

Old Post 07-27-2006 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

Bill Gates came to Columbia last year, in October, and gave a talk about technology and the future and stuff. One of the coolest parts was when he demoed a few technologies that are "on the horizon", including a table that would interact with everything. You could put your phone on the table, and it would recognize it as your phone. Then you press your fingerprint on a contact point, and it "signs" you in, sort of. From there you can do all sorts of stuff like the basics (email, texting, calling), and one really cool thing where he put a business card on the table, and the phone recognized it and automatically added the number to the contacts.

Yeah, that kind of technology is still years away, but that seriously impressed me.

The last thing that was released that made me think, "Wow, that's pretty cool", was this Internet Tablet from Nokia. Basically a portable Wi-Fi device with a very, very good display and just the ability to surf. It's a bit on the pricey side, though, so I never bought it, but it was certainly really cool. Here's the link: http://europe.nokia.com/770

Old Post 08-29-2006 06:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by aaqthree
Bill Gates came to Columbia last year, in October, and gave a talk about technology and the future and stuff. One of the coolest parts was when he demoed a few technologies that are "on the horizon", including a table that would interact with everything. You could put your phone on the table, and it would recognize it as your phone. Then you press your fingerprint on a contact point, and it "signs" you in, sort of. From there you can do all sorts of stuff like the basics (email, texting, calling), and one really cool thing where he put a business card on the table, and the phone recognized it and automatically added the number to the contacts.

Yeah, that kind of technology is still years away, but that seriously impressed me.

The last thing that was released that made me think, "Wow, that's pretty cool", was this Internet Tablet from Nokia. Basically a portable Wi-Fi device with a very, very good display and just the ability to surf. It's a bit on the pricey side, though, so I never bought it, but it was certainly really cool. Here's the link: http://europe.nokia.com/770

Oh word. And then you can place the morally cognizant laser gun on the table and it interacts with it and turns into a stand alone gun turret. And that Nokia thing better have a "lock in in a non gay way" feature.

Old Post 08-29-2006 05:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

How does something lock in a gay way? What PDA/phone/tablet does that?

I have a regular Nokia phone and it locks in the straightest way possible.

Old Post 08-29-2006 08:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

No no, it's not locking in a gay way. It's "Locking in" in a "non-gay way"

Old Post 09-01-2006 02:58 PM
MellowYellow

I heard Bill Gates, YoYo Ma, and some... asian girl who plays something... really good ... are going to be at zellerbach (aud on the berkeley campus)

AND AND AND

Pluto is no longer considered a planet.

Ah boo.. how could you go nearly 80 years without ... nevermind.

Old Post 09-02-2006 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow
I heard Bill Gates, YoYo Ma, and some... asian girl who plays something... really good ... are going to be at zellerbach (aud on the berkeley campus)

AND AND AND

Pluto is no longer considered a planet.

Ah boo.. how could you go nearly 80 years without ... nevermind.

Oh I'm gonna hit up berkeley now to cop some knowledge from all three of those. FUck yeah! Droppin knowledge like raindrops over here.

Old Post 09-10-2006 05:15 PM
kryogenix
Ghost

http://sorrypluto.ytmnd.com/

Old Post 09-13-2006 03:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote