Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Abortion
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TorrentialVVind
Kyuubi!

Abortion

I forgot which class. But the topic of abortion came up.

Do you think it should be legal/illegal? Why?

I think it should stay legal because, well, if a girl were to have a retarded baby, or a baby with some kind of rare disease of some sort, I doubt the girl would want it to suffer, and stuff.

I want to make a Naruto banner. ._.; That's in construction.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-04-2004 02:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TorrentialVVind Click here to Send TorrentialVVind a Private Message Find more posts by TorrentialVVind Add TorrentialVVind to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

Uh yuh yuhee... not again.

Old Post 05-04-2004 05:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

Question shouldn't be about its legality, it should be about its morality.

By now we all know that abortions cannot be made illegal. However, whether or not people should have them is the real question, and I believe that abortion is wrong (just as infanticide and homicide are wrong).

Old Post 05-04-2004 04:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-09-2004 05:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

Re: Abortion

quote:
Originally posted by TorrentialVVind
well, if a girl were to have a retarded baby, or a baby with some kind of rare disease of some sort, I doubt the girl would want it to suffer, and stuff.

what the hell. you seriously suck

Old Post 05-22-2004 08:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Re: Abortion

quote:
Originally posted by TorrentialVVind
if a girl were to have a retarded baby, or a baby with some kind of rare disease of some sort, I doubt the girl would want it to suffer, and stuff.

And, what better way to act in the better interest of the baby than to choose for the baby and kill it. I am sure it would be very thankful...

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 05-22-2004 10:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat

Old Post 11-07-2004 09:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wonmin
blah blahh blahhhhh!

legal.. cause i think its better to get rid of the baby before its born then have the child when you cant affort to and make your child suffer with you

wonmin*

Old Post 11-10-2004 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wonmin Click here to Send wonmin a Private Message Visit wonmin's homepage! Find more posts by wonmin Add wonmin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

I do not really see a point in setting my advocacy in here. I think it is murdering, and i see people that try to convince themselves it is not murder as somewhat conscience appeasing. In my opinion, abortion is murdering, and if you get an abortion then you are murdering (and could be considered fine, by all means). But, an attempt, from my perspective, to try to delineate murdering with whatever else is kind of a cop out. Though i understand that others think differently, so by all means do so. Furthermore, i am not sure that murder is such an inherently evil act. Though i definately feel it is acting in bad ethics.

Ultimately, i think it boils down to being a selfish act of murder. Whether or not it should be legalized, i do not care to say.

-Cromwell

Old Post 12-12-2004 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

Abortion is legal, and it should stay that way.

PRO-CHOICE!!!

Old Post 12-22-2004 07:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

"I'm pregnant"

or "i think i might be pregnant"

scariest damn words on t he face of the planet.

I would like to say im prolife. And up to this point i was. But now i'm not so sure. Call me selfish, call me greedy, call me whatever you want. But until you actually hear those words, then you just don't know.. now do you?

p.s. i'm not having a kid so don't break out the cigars people. And no my gf didn't have an abortion so don't come knocking at my house. d=)

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 12-22-2004 08:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i call myself greedy, selfish, whatever. If my girlfriend was pregnant, i would want her to get an abortion (as she would as well). Just because i submit to being whatever negative adjective i name, does not mean that i think abortions should be illegal (as i said in my previous post). I am greedy for doing so, and i take advantage of a loophole in legality when i would make an effort to see to it that an abortion, and murdering, would happen.

I think getting an abortion is selfish and acting in bad ethics again, but that does not mean that i would not want for one to happen. I am selfish in that regard, simply put, as i think all who get abortions are in the end. Just because i use a not-so elegent adjective to describe what an abortion is, does not mean that i pro-life in all. I think we are murderers, but i do not see that as a bad thing. Brand me an animalist.

It seems that people want the most positive light to be put on abortions, or else they feel they are being bad ethically. I think they go to lengths to avoid thinking it is murdering, etc. But, in the end i think they just avoid blame so they can feel good inside about what they have done. I just thought i would say this bit, since it seems like people tend to think me naive, when really i have thought about this before and have had many close encounters with this sort of thing. I embrace all the negatives that come with my actions, i do not just hold some unrealistic standard.

in response to sang cheon, i will always call it selfish. So, i do know. If a girlfriend of mine tells me she is pregnant, and we decide to get an abortion for her, that does not take away the fact that we are being selfish and making decisions for the baby. The negative adjectives remain, but we choose to go forth. Just because i may be in the situation someday will never change the fact that i think it is selfish. I do know, and what i know is that no matter what it will be selfish and murdering, but i am ok with that because of the person that i am. If one wishes to change their previous ideas about something, then i hope they have reason rather than just having the situation hit home for halos to be handed out to them. Pity or sympathy is never an accepted form of payment for the Halo Hotel, in my opinion.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 12-25-2004 at 07:58 AM

Old Post 12-25-2004 07:44 AM
j3ss

I just think its u to the mother.

It's her problem, so I feel that she can resolve it in any way that she wants.

Old Post 01-25-2005 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for j3ss Click here to Send j3ss a Private Message Find more posts by j3ss Add j3ss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

Agree

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
I do not really see a point in setting my advocacy in here. I think it is murdering, and i see people that try to convince themselves it is not murder as somewhat conscience appeasing. In my opinion, abortion is murdering, and if you get an abortion then you are murdering (and could be considered fine, by all means). But, an attempt, from my perspective, to try to delineate murdering with whatever else is kind of a cop out. Though i understand that others think differently, so by all means do so. Furthermore, i am not sure that murder is such an inherently evil act. Though i definately feel it is acting in bad ethics.

Ultimately, i think it boils down to being a selfish act of murder. Whether or not it should be legalized, i do not care to say.

I SOOOOOOOOO totally agree with you!

Old Post 02-23-2005 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garciaas Click here to Send garciaas a Private Message Visit garciaas's homepage! Find more posts by garciaas Add garciaas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
"I'm pregnant"

or "i think i might be pregnant"

scariest damn words on t he face of the planet.

I would like to say im prolife. And up to this point i was. But now i'm not so sure. Call me selfish, call me greedy, call me whatever you want. But until you actually hear those words, then you just don't know.. now do you?

p.s. i'm not having a kid so don't break out the cigars people. And no my gf didn't have an abortion so don't come knocking at my house. d=)

I agree to the part where you said what were the scariest words on the planet.

Old Post 02-23-2005 11:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garciaas Click here to Send garciaas a Private Message Visit garciaas's homepage! Find more posts by garciaas Add garciaas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote