Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > 'U.S. tests massive bomb'
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
merc

'U.S. tests massive bomb'

Recently, the U.S. tested a 21,000 lb device on a test site in Eglin Air Force Base, Florida. This new bomb called the Massive Ordnance Air Blast, or MOAB for short was said to have been seen falling through the sky and creating a massive fireball upon impact. Military officials state that the purpose of such a device would be to "rattle troops" pyschologically and cause them to surrender from the shear magnitude of the explosion.

"MOAB, privately known in military circles as "the mother of all bombs," has been under development since late last year. The bomb carries 18,000 pounds of tritonal explosives, which have an indefinite shelf life." - CNN.com

Amid a time where the U.S. is on the forefronts of policing the existence and development of nuclear arms, is the U.S. justified to have such a device?

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-12-2003 05:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: 'U.S. tests massive bomb'

quote:
Originally posted by merc
Amid a time where the U.S. is on the forefronts of policing the existence and development of nuclear arms, is the U.S. justified to have such a device?

Not at all.

Bush outlined one of the reasons why Iraq should be invaded during his press-conference: "They do not hold the same values as we do." No doubt he'll use this as justification for further tests and further efforts for US proliferation. [sarcasm]We are, after all, the high and mighty nation, bound by superior morals[/sarcasm].

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 03-12-2003 05:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

crazydeb8ter crazydeblows

Old Post 03-12-2003 03:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
azn0monk
mystupidSNfromwayback

lol, this is sad. step 2 of our own destruction

save the whales!

Old Post 03-12-2003 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for azn0monk Click here to Send azn0monk a Private Message Find more posts by azn0monk Add azn0monk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

i would like 2 say that Truman in my opinion fucked us big time. not americans but all humans. it was his decision to drop the 2 nukes on Japan and that was not needed at all. if u want me 2 explain then go learn about the Pacific front in WW2. and if u bring up the death of soldiers i'll bring up the death of civilians and how that is a war crime.
movin on to the topic i dont see y we need a bomb thats 21 tons... we had a daisy cutter that was 4 tons i believe. war was traditionally soldier to soldier and now we just sit back and drop 21 ton paper weights wit a button great.....well if the destruction of man doesnt happen from satan we will just destroy ourselves.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 03-12-2003 11:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
war was traditionally soldier to soldier and now we just sit back and drop 21 ton paper weights wit a button great.....well if the destruction of man doesnt happen from

Who cares about tradition? I don't like that standard, tradition is not a reason to continue anything.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 03-12-2003 11:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by AjY 2k
crazydeb8ter crazydeblows

a statement which makes no sense by any means.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 03-13-2003 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
Who cares about tradition? I don't like that standard, tradition is not a reason to continue anything.

traditional warfare always changes it isnt a standard but this is a huge leap thats wat i ment. tradition doesnt mean shit i kno but i liked the old way better then missles that can obliterate us before we even kno wat happened.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 03-13-2003 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
traditional warfare always changes it isnt a standard but this is a huge leap thats wat i ment. tradition doesnt mean shit i kno but i liked the old way better then missles that can obliterate us before we even kno wat happened.

But then couldn't someone say it's better to die without knowing it then to die a horrible and painful death?

Old Post 03-13-2003 01:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yOOnsk

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
But then couldn't someone say it's better to die without knowing it then to die a horrible and painful death?

to those who aren't immediately killed by a nuke within it's blast radius.. it's a very horrible and painful death

[ Proverbs 18:24 ]

Old Post 03-13-2003 02:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yOOnsk Click here to Send yOOnsk a Private Message Find more posts by yOOnsk Add yOOnsk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by yOOnsk
to those who aren't immediately killed by a nuke within it's blast radius.. it's a very horrible and painful death

well the only nukes ever killin a mass amt of people where Little Boy and Fat Man. now these r fairly weaker then the nukes we got 2day. now many died from the intense heat from the nuke that exploded 100 feet from the ground. many though had burns, like eyes burned out, skin fallin off people while alive, people on fire i believe i heard. its a scene from hell.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 03-13-2003 03:24 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:

Ok, people died in the past by fighting each other directly, and now we initiate bomb strikes and the like to pursue our battle. But, it's not like ground troop fighting is gone, because then we wouldn't be sending them into countries still. We don't just sit back and bomb people. We sit back and threat, and hope they back off, and then we either bomb them or pursue with land troops or something. You are making it too black and white. It's not just a missle war. I'm not sure what regard you hold traditional warfare in, but i don't see why you would like it or why it's better in any way. It's just fighting in a different way, nothing more honorable about either, nothing better about either. It's hard to make fighting be in good light, and i don't think traditional warfare or modern warfare does a good job of either. Any difference is miniscule. And, furthermore, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it i guess is what i'm saying. No use complaining about something if nothing will every happen. Think about it, if we stop developing bombs then other countries will get ahead of us, i don't see why you are so mad about it...it is a necessary evil.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 03-13-2003 06:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

the problem wit missles and bombs r they kill everythin. i mean yea soldiers killed some civilians but bombs like the 21k pounds will be fairly powerful. lets say we drop that thing in a city i mean yea it will kill soldiers but civilians should not be killed either. thats the only reason im goin against the direction we r goin now wit bigger and fatter bombs

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 03-13-2003 10:10 PM