Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > The greatest enemy is yourself.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
merc

The greatest enemy is yourself.

"Your greatest enemy is yourself."

agree? disagree?

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-06-2003 11:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

agree.

Old Post 02-07-2003 12:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

disagree
the greatest enemy is others.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-07-2003 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

disagree, others are definatly so much more of an enemy than one can be to themselves.

Furthermore, a lot of things are greater enemies than yourself, if a meteor was crashing into earth...i'd say that is a bigger enemy, if a gang is against you, i'd say that'd be a bigger enemy..so many examples.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 02-07-2003 12:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

agree

although other enemies can always be defeated, you (your internal enemy) will always remain with you.

Old Post 02-07-2003 02:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

Disagree. The only person you can really change is yourself. Changing your enemy is the most effective way to defeat it.

Edit: By change, that's either mental or physical. That doesn't mean we can't just drop a nuke 800 feet into a fault line of a meteor that's coming to hit the earth.
By the way, I hate that I had to refer to Armageddon.

Last edited by requiem on 02-07-2003 at 09:10 PM

Old Post 02-07-2003 06:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

agree
before u can beat ur enemy u must kno yourself and your own weaknesses. not all fights r man to man. some God to man others man to himself. no one can stop you truely then urself.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-08-2003 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AzNmAgE
Lord of the RO

agree, the only person who can stop you is yourself. Your putting yourself into a certain stuation where someone is the enemy just shows that you put yourself there...i'm not makin any sense lol

Old Post 02-08-2003 04:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AzNmAgE Click here to Send AzNmAgE a Private Message Find more posts by AzNmAgE Add AzNmAgE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

agree. In the face of a just and righteous God, who commands us to follow his ways and love our enemies, we are the only ones at fault. [my 2 cents from a religious perspective.]

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Last edited by merc on 02-08-2003 at 03:23 PM

Old Post 02-08-2003 07:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ahny
Rachmanioff

OK!

The greatest enemy is yourself!! YES!! BEN!! YOUR ENTIRE LIFE IS ABOUT SLEEP!! SLEEP TAKES OVER EVERYTHING!! YOU SLEEP SO MUCH ITS DISTUSTING!!!! OMG!!!

Old Post 02-11-2003 04:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ahny Click here to Send Ahny a Private Message Visit Ahny's homepage! Find more posts by Ahny Add Ahny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
azn0monk
mystupidSNfromwayback

you're an enemy of yourself. you are forever stuck with yourself..

its half half, but concentration on defeating yourself will overall make you a better person in society. therefore, less disputes among others.

Old Post 02-14-2003 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for azn0monk Click here to Send azn0monk a Private Message Find more posts by azn0monk Add azn0monk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by AzNmAgE
agree, the only person who can stop you is yourself. Your putting yourself into a certain stuation where someone is the enemy just shows that you put yourself there...i'm not makin any sense lol

Hypothetical situation: I'm walking down the hallway to my next class. Someone I've never met before comes up to me and says "Give me your wallet." He is holding a knife.

I would consider that person to be an enemy.

Old Post 02-14-2003 03:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Re: OK!

quote:
Originally posted by Ahny
The greatest enemy is yourself!! YES!! BEN!! YOUR ENTIRE LIFE IS ABOUT SLEEP!! SLEEP TAKES OVER EVERYTHING!! YOU SLEEP SO MUCH ITS DISTUSTING!!!! OMG!!!

Random Military(training) Philosophy: Happiness is proportional to the amount of sack-time you obtain.

Old Post 02-14-2003 03:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

disagree. i'd say it's temptation

Old Post 02-26-2003 06:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
disagree. i'd say it's temptation

but isnt temptation a struggle against urself? its ur choice to decide, u have to fight ur own thoughts to overcome a temptation.

Old Post 02-26-2003 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote