Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Love and Dating > inter racial dating question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mina

inter racial dating question

I've been wondering why you see more asian women with non asian men than asian men with non asian women... why is that?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-23-2004 10:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mina Click here to Send mina a Private Message Find more posts by mina Add mina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

theyre trying to get citizenship

Old Post 07-24-2004 12:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

Re: inter racial dating question

quote:
Originally posted by mina
I've been wondering why you see more asian women with non asian men than asian men with non asian women... why is that?

okay now tell us the truth..were you really expecting a legit answer to this question when you posted this thread? I MEAN CMON!

and why is it that asian men and women are being singled out here when inter-racial dating can be seen from all perspectives?!

Old Post 07-28-2004 09:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mina

sorry didn't mean it to be racist..just wanted to know because that is what I see a lot of. I thought maybe asian guys did not like white girls or something like that. I wasn't trying to offend anyone!
okay from another racial perspective why are there more african american men with white women than african american women with white men or any other race for that matter?

Is it society and social taboos or am I overthinking it?

sorry to have offended you or anyone else

Old Post 07-28-2004 04:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mina Click here to Send mina a Private Message Find more posts by mina Add mina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

no i wasnt offended and i never said you were racist

i just did not get how you expected someone to answer the question. why is the sky blue? dont know it just is. why do people from different races date? i dont know they just do

Old Post 07-30-2004 10:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

The sky is blue because our atmosphere is made up of certain gases that refract sunlight. In other words, "white" sunlight bends into its respective colors in and on the spectrum. Different colors have different wave lengths, while red is around 650 nanometers, blue has a wavelength of around 450nm. This difference means (i would whip out an equation to illustrate the relationship, but it has been about a year and a half since i learned optic physics) that blue light is refracted more than red, bends more than red, about 10 times more in fact.

You might think, well, violet and indigo have even shorter wavelengths, so the sky should be violet/indigo. That would be true, but our biology makes us more sensitive to blue light, so we see blue instead of violet...and about the whole indigo not being a color thing, i do not know i never read anything about it. Also, the sunlight from the sun is not made up of equal proportions of all colors to form its "white" light. Therefore, another reason why we see blue is because the sun emits more blue than violet.

You can think further and realize why the sunset becomes red and orange, etc. All the light is up there, it is just refracted at different angles.

Sorry, couldn't resist haha

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 07-30-2004 03:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mina

lol.. thanks that answers my other "burning" question!

Old Post 07-30-2004 06:19 PM
castle outsider

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
Sorry, couldn't resist haha

agasklgasdjklgfasldfas!!! i remember learning about this but didnt think about it when i used the question to compare it with the point i was making.

though probably not in so much detail so thanks. i learned something

Old Post 07-31-2004 02:07 AM
MellowYellow

Where do you live? It could depend on that. Why? Obvious reason... different concentration of certain ethnicities in specific areas. It's just a matter of preference for each individual.

Meh but I agree with todd [todd is it? damn i forget] that it's a pretty hard question to uh... "answer". Where you live that could be true... but where I am it really isn't. And sometimes you just see more of one than the other because you WANT to. Like the whole "there are more asian girls with white guys" article some guy wrote up? Just some loser trying to make up excuses haha.

ANYHOW... you know what is an extra taboo? GAY interracial couples.

Old Post 07-31-2004 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mina

I live in the south.. so that is probably it. I live in pretty big city but it is still not as diverse/open-minded as other areas.

and the gay interracial thing.. did you see that show on mtv? I bet that couple has it pretty hard (don't take that dirty )
and the white guy with the black girl is really confident because other guys were mean

Old Post 07-31-2004 11:56 PM
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by tea
theyre trying to get citizenship

LMFAO I just saw tonya's response even though it was first.

That's probably it. All of those fob japanese chicks on the cal campus walking around with white guys... they just want citizenship.

^Talk about an un-pc comment.

mina... i did see that show on mtv.

Old Post 08-01-2004 03:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sandie

humm....I normally like asian guys...I don't know why....I just prefer them...but right now..i'm dating this mexican guy...and not to diss on asian people...but this guys really knows how to treat a girl. Plus asian guys now and days think that they're some kind of lilo gangsters...welps...all the guys here in Cali...that is.

Old Post 06-19-2006 04:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sandie Click here to Send Sandie a Private Message Find more posts by Sandie Add Sandie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote