Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Sex > Why do guys call eachother by their last names?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yupkipucca
::Yupki::

Why do guys call eachother by their last names?

i never understood it.. and when i asked they all just say "i dunno"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-06-2002 02:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yupkipucca Click here to Send yupkipucca a Private Message Find more posts by yupkipucca Add yupkipucca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

cuz iss funni.. lyke my friend has a last name called "bahng" so i call him a bangoo... or i ono.. :huh: or maibe iss juss a guys ding

Old Post 04-06-2002 05:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

a lot of guys like it better that way. People call me by my last name all the time, though it is rather odd (Sirajuddin), they mispronounce it all the time and there are so many different ways people address me by the same name it's funny.

Also, it helps to address someone you don't even know this way. If you call them by their first name it may seem more odd, but if you just call them by their last name they aren't caught off guard or something. It's in the norm of their usual address, and its kind of an unwritten respect kind i think.

Old Post 04-07-2002 09:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat
cuz iss funni.. lyke my friend has a last name called "bahng" so i call him a bangoo... or i ono.. :huh: or maibe iss juss a guys ding

bangoo?? bwahahaha, thats cold. i just hope he doesnt smell like it O_o

Old Post 04-07-2002 09:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ChYneZEl3oi
Got Kpop??

I guess its a guy thing...we like to play practical jokes on friends... there a lot of ppl that calls me by my last name hehe....

Old Post 04-19-2002 10:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ChYneZEl3oi Click here to Send ChYneZEl3oi a Private Message Visit ChYneZEl3oi's homepage! Find more posts by ChYneZEl3oi Add ChYneZEl3oi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

I don't know...
ppl call me by my full name
although my last name is very callbyish

Old Post 04-19-2002 11:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

every single ppl call me by my las name...my las name is chu and first everyone thought it was funny and my first name is kinda odd...and da whole sports thing... i havent heard anyone call me by my first name in a long time...even girls and teachers call me by my las name...everyone makes fun of my las name too like chew,chewy,chubearcca,chuchu but thats all good...i'm used to it

Old Post 04-19-2002 01:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Well, it's kinda personal question and you don't have to answer.

What is your first name? (Just Curuious)

Old Post 04-19-2002 02:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
>=D

most of my american friends call me "lee" and most my korean friends outside of church call me by my korean name (that i will not be tellin ^^). Tell u the truth i really hav no idea. i thought my friends only did that cause there were hundreds of kids named daniel in my skool ^^.

Old Post 04-19-2002 02:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for >=D Click here to Send >=D a Private Message Find more posts by >=D Add >=D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

my first name is immanuel..not that hard of a name to pronounce but i guess ppl jus dont like sayin it

Old Post 04-21-2002 11:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-jzn-
HwanHee Wannabe

in athletics, last names are used quite a bit by the coaches because it sort of separates the coach from 'friend' status.... or something? I had 4 jason's in my english class, and I ended up being the only person still called jason. :)

Old Post 04-22-2002 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -jzn- Click here to Send -jzn- a Private Message Find more posts by -jzn- Add -jzn- to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chil

In england if I remember
calling someone by their last name shows status
usually well educated, rich men call each other by their last name
i.e. cambridge grads, etc etc who r in top banks or ceo's or w/e
u guys watch bridget jones diary?
in it, that one guy
daniel cleaver says to bridget
"your looking very sexy jones" blah blah blah
it's status there
i have no idea why people do it otherwise, other than perhaps respect
only sometimes refer to peopel by their last names, use mr at times too ^^ *shrugs*
but it's fun, i have to agree

Old Post 04-28-2002 03:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chil Click here to Send Chil a Private Message Find more posts by Chil Add Chil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

if two or more dudes have the same first name, then usually peopo call them by their last names

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-28-2002 03:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:

what if they have the same last name?

then i guess well call by their nicknames den

Old Post 04-28-2002 05:41 PM
sangxjin

in my school its last name followed by first name.

Props To Huby

Old Post 05-06-2002 12:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

sometimes they post stuff like that at our school too

Old Post 05-06-2002 04:25 PM
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

i think its koo dat guys get called by dere last names..at mah bros graduation..as he was walking up when dey called his name..everyone was shouting "jOo jOo jOo" [our last name] i thought it was cute/kOo

it sucks cuz girls dont get called by dere last namez..

Old Post 05-06-2002 04:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

so why don't you do it?
maybe others will start to if you want it to

Old Post 05-06-2002 05:38 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by kRypTic_nABi
it sucks cuz girls dont get called by dere last namez..

I agree with alchemist, you can instigate it. Anyway, it always seems like girls are so mean to each other though! seriously, i always see this distaste in who has what clothes and hair, and whose hanging out with which guy. It's brutal. Anyone else notice it? I mean, you can just walk up to a guy you don't know and they'll be all nice (generally speaking), if a girl walks up to a girl it's all like "do i know you?" (generally speaking, as i've observed). Theres this big attitude where the social ladder retains its shape. What do you guys think about this? It's just the way it seems. Don't attack me for saying it or accusing people, cause i'm not sure and am just an observer/messenger.

Old Post 05-07-2002 07:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman

I agree with alchemist, you can instigate it. Anyway, it always seems like girls are so mean to each other though! seriously, i always see this distaste in who has what clothes and hair, and whose hanging out with which guy. It's brutal. Anyone else notice it? I mean, you can just walk up to a guy you don't know and they'll be all nice (generally speaking), if a girl walks up to a girl it's all like "do i know you?" (generally speaking, as i've observed). Theres this big attitude where the social ladder retains its shape. What do you guys think about this? It's just the way it seems. Don't attack me for saying it or accusing people, cause i'm not sure and am just an observer/messenger.

you ignorant piece of... j/k

I haven't really noticed this. sorry.

Old Post 05-08-2002 02:24 PM