Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > [news... i guess lol] Bush dolls aka "dubya action figures"
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MellowYellow

[news... i guess lol] Bush dolls aka "dubya action figures"

lmao the things they come up with. to simplfy the article... they made a doll in the likeness of George W. Bush. It says clips from speeches he's made.... ya know those dumb things he often says.. lol

so for those of you who want to know more here is the article:

LOS ANGELES (Dec. 14) - A President Bush doll that says ``We're working hard to put food on your family'' and ``I will not hold this nation hostile'' has turned into a huge hit for a small company.

The 12.5-inch-tall likeness, which features clips from Bush speeches and campaign stops, sold out a first shipment of 12,000 this week. A second shipment of the $29.99 doll won't arrive until after Christmas.

``We anticipated it being a very popular item but we just didn't think it was going to take off that quick,'' said Jim Wessling, co-founder of Irvine-based Talking Presidents.com Inc.

Most of the 17 sound clips are straightforward quotes about the war on terrorism and other topics - such as ``Terrorism against our nation will not stand'' - although the doll does utter some of Bush's malapropisms.

``There's nothing derogatory, everything is complimentary, there's nothing to make fun of him ... (but) the doll is a good representation of the president, there are two or three of his Bushisms,'' Wessling said.

It's unclear what Bush the president thinks of Bush the doll - the White House press office did not immediately return a call for comment.

Wessling and son-in-law John Warnock, the other co-founder, are ``staunch Republicans,'' Wessling said. Warnock came up with the idea partly out of admiration for Bush.

``Nobody had done what he considered the true action heroes, which would be George W. Bush,'' Wessling said.

A picture of the Bush doll appeared on the Drudge Report Web site last week, and the company got 600,000 Web hits in a single day and media calls from around the world. It took its phone number off the Web site and posted a message cautioning that no more dolls were immediately available.

The next group of 12,000 should ship from Hong Kong on Dec. 30 with a third shipment on its heels, but that won't satisfy disappointed Christmas shoppers.

The Richard Nixon Library & Birthplace ordered two cases but sold them out within days, said spokeswoman Arianna Barrios.

``It's so out of control,'' she said.

The fledgling company isn't planning to stop with Bush. A talking Ronald Reagan is in the works for the spring. After that, Wessling and Warnock plan to manufacture talking Richard Nixons, Bill Clintons, John F. Kennedys and George H.W. Bushes.

12/13/02 08:31 EST

Copyright 2002 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-15-2002 06:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i want one...

...to use as a vodoo doll

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 12-15-2002 07:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
i want one...

lmao

Old Post 12-15-2002 07:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

-edited-
u no who i am-

Old Post 12-15-2002 08:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxkid
ChOibOii

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
i want one...

lol

Old Post 12-16-2002 01:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxkid Click here to Send krnxkid a Private Message Visit krnxkid's homepage! Find more posts by krnxkid Add krnxkid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

wait can someone tell me again how this news enlightens anyone's mind? lol... should be in the joke forum

Old Post 01-09-2003 06:44 AM
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow
wait can someone tell me again how this news enlightens anyone's mind? lol... should be in the joke forum

heh you're the one that posted it. ;p but this isn't a joke, is it??

Old Post 01-09-2003 12:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
the bue

hahah thats pretty funny. i wonder what some people will do with them

12101 bue

Old Post 01-09-2003 09:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for the bue Click here to Send the bue a Private Message Visit the bue's homepage! Find more posts by the bue Add the bue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote