Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Homework Help > how do you study?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
annabanana
Food Moderator

how do you study?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-07-2002 02:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

i dont study

Old Post 05-07-2002 02:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

quote:
Originally posted by kRypTic_nABi
i dont study

yea, neither do i
i do a thing called "last minute quick scan" its useful

Old Post 05-07-2002 02:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

quote:
Originally posted by TAIgrr

yea, neither do i

puHaHAha das sOo funny..

Old Post 05-07-2002 02:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:

yea, neither do i

thats a good idea for ppl who don't study, i suggest it if you don't study or not alot

Old Post 05-07-2002 04:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

best way is to learn it when the class is during class. But when studying, cause you're bound to forget some of it at least, learn it or memorize it. I use a mix kind of, if i'm memorizing, do what i call long-esque term memoring. it's pretty much the same thing i just like using that word with it hehe. What you do it memorize things really fast, after like 5 minutes you review what you have memorized and continue onto the next part by reciting the initial thing you have memorized. Keep on doing this for like an hour and it's pretty much engraved in your head. I did this for spanish II orals (in class!) and they were pretty flawless.

Flash cards, i don't do a whole lot. I like the lists. If it's something weird to memorize then just memorize it some weird way. Try and think of little ways to remember things, like for powers

m^(p/r), thats how i remember it. m to the p/r power. Those variables come from the slightly changed word, so it's Magnum PR, . You know like that show? Anyway, P = power, and r = radical. Cause if you have something raised to the fraction power, it's raised to the numerator's value in power and it's the root of whatever the denominator is (or radical). Get it? Hope this helps.

Old Post 05-07-2002 04:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:

yea, neither do i

i do the same exact thing i never studied and that counts for finals. cramin in last minute actually works for me

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 05-07-2002 04:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

i do the last minute thing too..sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't, i pray most of the time and then read the chapter over.

Props To Huby

Old Post 05-08-2002 10:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

sometimes, i have a hard time trying to get started on my homework. like, i can't make myself do my hmwk right after school, i do my hmwk at night, while watching TV.

Old Post 05-08-2002 04:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by annabanana
sometimes, i have a hard time trying to get started on my homework. like, i can't make myself do my hmwk right after school, i do my hmwk at night, while watching TV.

for me, it's while going on this site and AIM

Old Post 05-09-2002 11:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iiaznprncssii

study what ur trying to learn, and when u think u have it all memorized, take a nap or grab a snack (give ur mind a break). when u finish, try to remember what u studied without looking at the paper or book. then look back at it and u will realize what u forgot and study that material more. this way u will probably memorize everything u might have missed just staring blankly at that paper or book before u took that nap or ate some munchies.

Old Post 05-27-2002 07:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iiaznprncssii Click here to Send iiaznprncssii a Private Message Find more posts by iiaznprncssii Add iiaznprncssii to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

I help my friend study during Engineering class and he passes. ha ha his vocab words are so messed up.

Old Post 05-28-2002 04:37 PM
huby40
Squeak....

u keep dong something over and over so it becomes mechanical when you do the test.

after that you forget the whole thing.

Old Post 05-31-2002 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

i read over it once and repeat it in my head over and over again.

Props To Huby

Old Post 05-31-2002 02:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jun jinz girl
Jun Jin's Girl

if it's a memorizing thing...

make up some relly weird thing about it... and u'll remember it better cuz it's so stoopid... ie...
for a vocab test:

word:
vanguard: the foremost part of an army; the leading position in any field...

weird thing:
a van is a relly big vehicle and is usually in the front when the police come to a crime scene or like.. the S.W.A.T. team comes - it's mostly first.

puahaha... that's wat i do...

it DOES help! hehe

Tell my why?
~ Shinhwa 5 - I pray 4 u

(i lub jun jin *^^*)

Old Post 05-31-2002 06:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jun jinz girl Click here to Send jun jinz girl a Private Message Visit jun jinz girl's homepage! Find more posts by jun jinz girl Add jun jinz girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

try reverse cramming
works well in college

when u learn something the first day.. study what u learned when u get home for like.. six hours
when u learn something the second day study what u learned that day for four hours and then the first day for one hour
when u learned something the third day study what u learned that day for 2 hours the day before for an hour and then day before that for an hour

u get the idea
basically by the end of the week u know what u learned in the beginning of the week cuz u studied for it every day and u know what u learned the last day of the week cuz u just learned it at school.. ingenious huh... not exactly cramming but if u want an A.. thats one way to do it.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 05-31-2002 06:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

one of the keys to study effectively is to make studying a habit. setting up a to-do list is good.

Old Post 06-05-2002 03:23 AM
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
try reverse cramming
works well in college

when u learn something the first day.. study what u learned when u get home for like.. six hours
when u learn something the second day study what u learned that day for four hours and then the first day for one hour
when u learned something the third day study what u learned that day for 2 hours the day before for an hour and then day before that for an hour

blah.. studying for SIX HOURS? cant do it...
blah blah.. i could definitly wait on college.. well cause the studying anyway..

Old Post 07-14-2002 10:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

haha all the college professors say that long term memory is good for studying, thats why u study everyday. but i rely on short term memory...studying the morning before the final.....

and i dont read books....i usually read the intro and the conclusion.....the middle part is mostly bs to fill up space...the intro and conclusions are where the facts are....oh...actually i dont read..i skim for key words lol

Old Post 07-14-2002 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

I just want to add that some people solely rely on their books and study materials to let them study the information on their own time, and zone out in class, but remember that it's much easier to learn it during class and then get a stronger knowledge of what you're doing in your homework.

Personally, I can't study with other people's horrible choice of music on *cough* my former roommate's *cough*. I also have to study alone at my desk with a *bright* light, so I don't get distracted or sleepy.

Old Post 07-15-2002 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote