Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Homework Help > homework tips
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
annabanana
Food Moderator

homework tips

yo' azn's are stereotypically supposed to be smart and all, yet i do not like to study or do my homework a lot. does anybody have any good study habits to share wit' the rest of us?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-03-2002 03:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

yeah, don't study while lying down or in your bed because you will go to sleep. happens a lot, especially when it gets near the midst of the night...1-5AM.

Real tips: 1) study for real the first time, don't read it for the sake of reading it or only paying half attention to it. It wastes your time and you'll have to read it anyway.

2)If you can, learn it. If your running out of time memorize it

3)Don't overwhelm yourself or overthink how much work you have. You have to get it done and thinking about it won't do anything.

4)Have fun, if you can

5)don't spend time on these forums when you should be studying! haha

6)Don't have a preset time you have to go to sleep at, if you think of a time you want to go to sleep at while working on your homework you develop a "deadline." Think of it this way, you have the entire night to stretch out ALL that work you have. thats like 9 hours depending on when you start. You can finish it by then.

7)Take breaks sparingly

8)Eliminate distractions, what i mean is don't have something you want to do instead and think about it during your homework, you will lose focus. Do the enjoyment tomorrow!

wow, i don't know why i wrote all that stuff haha i wasn't planning to. Hope it helped a little.

Old Post 05-03-2002 05:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Babu2002

I'm a crammer, because it works for me.. Well, some people have a short-memory term, and some people have a long-memory term.. So, it does depend on the person's ability to read and understand. But like, a reallie good study habirt to get into is to ALWAYS take notes in class no matter what kind of nonsense the professor speaks, because it could show up on an exam when you least expect it. Also, don't copy other peoples' notes. Juss remember that its YOUR own education, so highlight what is important to YOU.

Old Post 05-04-2002 05:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Babu2002 Click here to Send Babu2002 a Private Message Find more posts by Babu2002 Add Babu2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman

5)don't spend time on these forums when you should be studying! haha

heheheh....that's why i do my best to study really hard during skoo' just so i can spend time on the computer. sometimes, i will even skip lunch and go somewhere just so i can finish my homework instead of doing it at home.... :exclaim:

Old Post 05-04-2002 02:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

i'm too cool to do hw. j/k everyone is differet but you ppl are offering good advice. keep it up!

Old Post 05-04-2002 04:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

UGH! DON'T STUDY AT ALL. JUST LISTEN DURING CLASS SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO STUDY! OTHER THAN THAT... TRY WRITING OUT WHAT YOU ARE STUDYING. THAT HELPS TOO BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY REMEMBER THINGS

Old Post 05-05-2002 04:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

make a schedule or a to do list for everything you need to do like your homework and cleaning your room.

Old Post 05-07-2002 01:58 PM
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

<~~ procrastinatOr...hm..i think dat if u study for 20 minutes every night..u'll understand da subject more better..

i usually write out everything i need to dO..and check em off as i gO along..

Old Post 05-07-2002 02:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote