Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Relationships > Friends and Family > What about you?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nas

Question What about you?

A lot of us have experienced the strict and harsh rules of Asian parents, but most of them went through the same thing. When you grow up and have your own kids, do you think you'll be harsh too?

I know you better than you think I do-don't
worry dear, this is why I fell in love with you.
The man in the looking glass, is looking back
at you at last. You can't hide from the truth
because the truth is all there is.
And the truth hurts because the truth is all there is.
I realized some time ago, that I would have to let you go...
- Handsome Boy Modeling School
*d-30

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-17-2002 02:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nas Click here to Send nas a Private Message Visit nas's homepage! Find more posts by nas Add nas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

to an extent. But not with all the stupid pride above common sense, and never admitting your wrong, or never telling your kids that you love them.

I think asian kids turn out better than most kids imo, and that's becasue of the strict nature of their parents. I may be biased, but i think it's true. Better than being spoiled, thats for sure.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 10-17-2002 02:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

i know ill have some sort of controll over them... i never want to shelter them like a control freak tho... i'll let them experience things for themselves... of course if they do something stupid they will get punished... ive seen people who have been sheltered for their whole teenage life... and once they hit college... lets just say it wasn't pretty

Old Post 10-17-2002 02:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

hMm..cant really say..
still have much to learn...for one..i'm bad tempered in person..and so i dunno if i'll be patient. and yea..i agree with psycho.
i'm hoping to be a good parent..raising my kids with respect and all that other good stuff...another thing..when i think of having kids..i get worried about them not being able to speak korean. because my parents did not knoe how to speak english well..and still they havent learned..thats how i learned.. when and if i do marry a korean person..they would probably americanized..and live by the "american way," ..if that's the case, we'll probably hardly ever use korean in front of our children. so yea..i was thinking..after they're born..move to korea..then move back to america when they're a bit older..of course it'll be hard. but yea..its a dream ^^

Old Post 10-17-2002 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

I can't really say either, buh I know I'll be somewhat strict on my kids... I want them to know our culture, religion, beliefs and tradition... I don't want them to forget and lose that because of living in the US... For sure I won't spank my children... But I can't really say how I'm going to be... I learn from my parents mistakes so maybe I can build off of that and be a better parent to my kids

Old Post 10-17-2002 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

maybe... but probably not as much... i mean... my parents are way to overprotective. i want to allow my kids to be able to date when their at least 14... and stuff like that.

Old Post 10-17-2002 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i've often wondered bout this. mai parent's aren't like TOO, overly strict...they're ok i guess. just xpect a lot outta me. thaz ok. so i'll guess i'll be the same w mai kids. i won't be over protective, but i'll xpect them to hav a degree of reponsibility and maturity. but for sure: i will NOT spoil them too much. those kids that hav their parents do everythin for them...it's sickening i want mai kids to be independent like i am, not havin to depend on their mommy and daddy for every lil thing. and i guess the occasional spank is ok wen they're little, but certainly not wen they're older

Old Post 10-17-2002 06:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

hard to say...but my parents use to be stricter when i was younger...not anymore (phew! ) but they still lecture me and stuff but at the end of the day, we all treat each other like adults so...i'll definitely be strict on my kids but i want them to be independant at the same time...basically what everyone said.

i think it's safe to say that we all want the best for our kids...i mean, wouldnt any parent? :P

Old Post 10-17-2002 09:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote