Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Literature > Julius Caesar thingy
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
huby40
Squeak....

Julius Caesar thingy

errr yeah, so we had this activity at school to choose a character and write a letter to someone else from his or her point of view. I chose the soothsayer. I wrote this:

"The Soothsayer’s Entries

I have been plagued. Not with the sickness that infests the rot of filthy peasants, but of nightmares that infest the well being of the mind. For it was dreamed that a statue of Caesar, with the likeness of his grandeur stood in a valley. Fixed next to the stone was a sundial. As I reached out to touch it, the cast shadow spun once. Frightened I withdrew, but curiosity drove me forth, so I reached again. And so it spun again. My hand remained on the sundial, and the shadow spun thrice. It did so repeatedly until the 7th time, upon which time the shadow of time became the shape of a dagger, a blade of betrayal. I felt it, this once dark shadow cast upon stone was now a cold darkening force in my hand. The blade bled. It flowed from the blade to the handle, and from there I could see the silky red blood pour into the channels of my fingers.
It was because of the blood that the knife slipped from my fingers. But instead of dropping towards the soft earth it rose up sharply into the sky. I could see no force upholding the dagger, which seemed to be alive itself. It pointed at one great boulder. The boulder, which also seemed to be possessed by some strange godly force rolled down and struck the great statue of Caesar. The blade then turned towards another large boulder, then to another one. 5 boulders struck the statue; the base was broken and cracked, but still able to uphold the Caesar’s image. The shadowed dagger than fixed it’s gaze upon a giant boulder. A boulder apart from the others, for the boulder appeared to contain the same upholding force as the statue, the same stone lightness of the statue, as it appears the statue and the boulder were both born of the same type of Earth. The shadowed dagger continued to fix its gaze upon it, yet the boulder did not move. As if it was giving up, the blade plunged towards the ground, and planted itself into the soft earth. I began to calm, seeing that the statue of Caesar will still stand.
The boulder rolled on it’s own terms. It rolled down the valley sides and crushed the seemingly infallible statue of Caesar, shattering the face and destroying the body. It was upon this striking moment that I awakened in cold sweat. Sweat, fear, tears, blood; they are all symptoms of this terrible plague of mine.
As I remember, the sundial spun 7 times. Today is the ninth day of the month of March. In 7 days it will be the Ides of March. I must warn Caesar of this coming day. To think that this month is the beginning of life! What will the masses say when I speak of as tragic a death?
O’ what a fool I am! Ill minds must be another symptom of the plague. I have forgotten that Caesar is off to battle Pompey. May the aegis of heavens protect him.

Mercury, guide me in my message and give Caesar quick feet to return. I know not what path you gods have chosen for the Ides of March will take, however, there will be bloodshed from the veins of a great man.

Marcus Hadrian, Soothsayer"

sorry if that was long :(. my english teacher says it was a good writer and gave me extra credit for it. cool
I think you have to read the play to understand it better.

opinions?

Last edited by huby40 on 05-08-2002 at 12:28 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-08-2002 12:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

hmmm no replies. ok, ill just crawl back into my little hole :huh:

Old Post 05-11-2002 01:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GinaDaQueen

omg that sounds like an excerpt from the play or something

i would KILL to write like that

Old Post 06-02-2002 04:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GinaDaQueen Click here to Send GinaDaQueen a Private Message Find more posts by GinaDaQueen Add GinaDaQueen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote