Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > christianity and their denominations...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

christianity and their denominations...

dont get it. why do you have to be catholic and go to a catholic church? can't you go to a protestant church? it's like saying, we have to go to church because it tells us too. the bible is so much bullshit, you know that right? why trust something like the bible that's been written in the medieval ages of time? you know the church and state were one and they both wanted money. s'all i have to say is this, you have believe in god in your heart. dont need churches, bibles, and tithing; with the rest of that shit. the number 1 importance in religion you have to believe god in your heart. with-out that what's the point of going to church? you dont need to go church...cause what did jesus, his disciples, and saul do? went around the fucking mediterrean and told people about god, they had no fucking churches. they told people about god from their hearts. dont need all that shit just to worship or believe god, you just need to believe god in your heart.

(sorry to offend anyone)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-14-2002 06:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

First of all, moved to the Spiritual Life forum.

Jesus and his disciples established the church, that's why there weren't any churches at his time, there were only temples.

The reason you're not supposed to worship in churches of other denominations is because the teachings of the respective churches differ, and they operate somewhat differently.

Sure, human error could have messed up somewhere along in the bible, but the fundamental teachings in it are still valid, I'd think.

Also, when Jesus and His disciples set up the church, they also set up the position of pope, and this led to the establishment of the catechism of the catholic church, and all the teachings and requirements that one's supposed to do as a member of the catholic church.

But I also think, that yes, the most important thing is to believe in your heart in God, without that, nothing else would matter.

Old Post 07-14-2002 07:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

okay .. i know you said you didn't want to offend anyone.. but you offended me .... in only the way that..

i don't know which religion you are... but "christians" are supposed to witness and bring others the news of god's glory... it's not enough to just have god in your heart... because what are you gonna do with that? sulk in your room? no you have to go out and teach what you know to everyone else... make a difference

in a sermon i learned that it isn't 'WWJD' (what would jesus do) it's: 'DWJD'- do what jesus did .... not to the point where you go and pierce your hands with nails.. but ... well you know what i mean right? just.. he went around.. and preached to people about god and not sinning... but then again.. i'm not telling you to do that to the point of annoying ppl... cuz yea.. forcing doesn't work.. and for those ppl that do that... gives a bad name to the rest who aren't trying to force ppl into it...

and have you heard of communion(uhm or mass)? it's where the church eats the same bread (representing jesus's body) and from the same cup (representing jesus's blood)... the point of the church is to bring together people. Church is where you go to feel safe .... like "sanctuary" ? Church is more like a family... They help you through the tough times.. and celebrate the good times too.

okay lol i'm done being offended...(so the only reason i was offended is because.. you were saying that all you wanted was for your own soul to be saved.. that you didn't care about your friend's soul.. or your neighbors.. or that homeless person on the street.. show some compasion mang)

and oh yea.. what tom said:
"The reason you're not supposed to worship in churches of other denominations is because the teachings of the respective churches differ, and they operate somewhat differently."

What you're saying is that it's like saying all religions are the same.. which they obviously aren't. There are different churchs and branches of christianity (or catholisim) for a reason..... because they ARE different... Like the teachings and beliefs of a catholic family and a mormon family have a lot of things in common but they're also different in a lot of ways

Last edited by MellowYellow on 07-15-2002 at 03:15 AM

Old Post 07-15-2002 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

we go to church to LEARN. of cos the most important thing is to believe God in your heart. but Christianity is MORE than a RELIGION. it's a RELATIONSHIP wit God. God is our Heavenly Father. and He wants us to get to know Him by reading the Bible, praying, and fellowshipping wit other believers in order to GROW spritiually TOGETHER. sometimes the Bible is hard to interpret... dat is wat the church is for. not only are there worship services on sundays but there are also Bible studies and fellowships in most churches. the church grow together and learn together thru those things.

Old Post 07-15-2002 03:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

also.......
mormons and all that stuff are cult. they're different "denominations" (or watever u wanna call them) becuz they totally twisted the words of the Holy Bible. they pretty much made up their own stuff.. basically.

Old Post 07-15-2002 03:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui
also.......
mormons and all that stuff are cult. they're different "denominations" (or watever u wanna call them) becuz they totally twisted the words of the Holy Bible. they pretty much made up their own stuff.. basically.

i'm sorry... but.... what gives you the right to say that? and it's called an EDIT button... use it...

more than half my friend are mormons.. and they are the nicest kindest kids i've ever met... every considerate... straight as an arrow.... their parents are so nice too...

so what religion are you and your friends? let me diss them.... no i'm not going to cuz that's not right

i learned that all religions are different.... and i think mine is right... and others think theirs is right too... but no need to DISS them..... that's just wrong...... all the religions have good aspects...... and they basically have the same concept... GOD... so ...

okay way to sound like a good christian.... you don't have to condemn others on your path to glory....

Old Post 07-15-2002 06:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neXt

they differ in doctrine and in ritualistic practices

Old Post 07-15-2002 06:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neXt Click here to Send neXt a Private Message Find more posts by neXt Add neXt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

for instance, the Catholic church is led by the Pope, and looks to the vatican for guidance, it is this system that the catholic church follows that makes it different from the protestant church and it's various branches/sects.

I think also, but am not totally sure, that the Catholic church believes in Saints, and prays to the saints (not worship of them, but pray to them).

correct me if i'm wrong, and If I am wrong, I apologize

Old Post 07-15-2002 06:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

MellowYellow: i NEVER said mormons were mean, weird, bad, etc. i wasn't DISSING them. yeah ur right, mormons are nice people. READ MY POST AGAIN.... i never said bad things about them. all i said were they twist the words of the Holy Bible and when somebody does that, its called a cult.

BTW, "cult" does NOT necessay = "bad"

p.s. i'll use the "edit" button when i want to

Old Post 07-15-2002 04:55 PM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

MellowYellow: when did i condemn mormons on my "path to glory"?

you are way too defensive

Old Post 07-15-2002 04:56 PM
seung ju

no offense mellow yellow, but unismuimui is right. mormons have good family values and have their kids on track, but that's about it. they are not christians, they're pagans disguised as christianity. sad thing is a lot of them dont know whats going on until its too late. mormoms are people who say jesus and satan are brothers. mormons say the mark of cane is the flat nose and dark skin on black people. mormons believe that men live their life to attain god hood, and their spirtual spouse will give birth to eternal spirit children on their own planet. oh, the visitors who gave john smith his revelations came from the planet colob, just to clear that up =\ and he was able to translate the "gold tablets" with the "magic stone" he wore in his hat. sorry, mormons contradict chrisitianity in every way, and they even contradict themselves.

Old Post 07-15-2002 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by seung ju
no offense mellow yellow, but unismuimui is right. mormons have good family values and have their kids on track, but that's about it. they are not christians, they're pagans disguised as christianity. sad thing is a lot of them dont know whats going on until its too late. mormoms are people who say jesus and satan are brothers. mormons say the mark of cane is the flat nose and dark skin on black people. mormons believe that men live their life to attain god hood, and their spirtual spouse will give birth to eternal spirit children on their own planet. oh, the visitors who gave john smith his revelations came from the planet colob, just to clear that up =\ and he was able to translate the "gold tablets" with the "magic stone" he wore in his hat. sorry, mormons contradict chrisitianity in every way, and they even contradict themselves.

i'm glad somebody understands wat i'm getting at. and seung ju, wat u said is true too... wat u said abt how mormons dun even know wats going on until its too late. and its also true they contradict christianity and even themselves...

Old Post 07-15-2002 07:37 PM
MellowYellow

all i'm sayin is... all religions are different... you don't have the right to judge which one is right.. you just have to pick one for yourself and faithfully believe in it....

and yes.. all that stuff you said... you are saying that their religion is wrong... i don't care how nicely you try to put it.. that is what you said

Old Post 07-16-2002 07:17 AM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow
all i'm sayin is... all religions are different... you don't have the right to judge which one is right.. you just have to pick one for yourself and faithfully believe in it....

and yes.. all that stuff you said... you are saying that their religion is wrong... i don't care how nicely you try to put it.. that is what you said

i didn't say their religion is "wrong".... i said they TWIST the words of the original Holy Bible around. that does NOT = "wrong."
well watever... if THAT'S how u interpret wat i'm saying, then go ahead and think it. its no use debating over this becuz we dont see eye-to-eye. but my intentions were never to JUDGE "which one is right."
no offense.... but u should be careful not to jump to conclusions and assume wat others meant when they say something. becuz i think u totally misunderstood me. i apologize if u FEEL i offended u in any way....... like i said before, thats not wat i'm trying to do. but go ahead and think wat u want. i'm done wit this debate.

Old Post 07-16-2002 04:36 PM
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

quote:
Originally posted by tm11
First of all, moved to the Spiritual Life forum.
This shouldn't belong in the Spiritual Life forum, more like the Debate forum, cause it's causing lots of animosity.

quote:
Jesus and his disciples established the church, that's why there weren't any churches at his time, there were only temples.
Uhh...dont know. Explain to me how is moving from one area to another is establishing a church? I thought he was teaching the people about God, not the church.

quote:
The reason you're not supposed to worship in churches of other denominations is because the teachings of the respective churches differ, and they operate somewhat differently.
Why can't they just believe in God? That's my main question. If they want to be taught in the beliefs of their own denomination, get some money and take theology in at bible college

quote:
Sure, human error could have messed up somewhere along in the bible, but the fundamental teachings in it are still valid, I'd think.
I got two (2) conclusions. (1.) The bible isn't really from the Dead Sea Scrolls, the bible is just a philosophy book made full of symbolisms and such to make people learn. (2.) The 'church' either fabricated or altered the bible to their own so that they can benefit *from* it. There is no human error in it, remember the inquisitions, heresy, and all that crap.

quote:
Also, when Jesus and His disciples set up the church, they also set up the position of pope, and this led to the establishment of the catechism of the catholic church, and all the teachings and requirements that one's supposed to do as a member of the catholic church.
Show me in the human error'd bible where it said that. If it does, it should show the word(s) - catholic, catholism.

quote:
But I also think, that yes, the most important thing is to believe in your heart in God, without that, nothing else would matter.
at least i dont have to argue on this part.

edit(s) = *

Last edited by volcom strider on 07-18-2002 at 05:58 AM

Old Post 07-17-2002 05:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider
I got two (2) conclusions. (1.) The bible isn't really from the Dead Sea Scrolls, the bible is just a philosophy book made full of symbolisms and such to make people learn. (2.) The 'church' either fabricated or altered the bible to their own so that they can benefit it. There is no human error in it, remember the inquisitions, heresy, and all that crap.

you're right. there actually books of the bible which arent there anymore b/c a long time ago the church decided it wasnt inspired (i cant think of the right word, sorry) by God. so who knows what other changes have been made.

Old Post 07-17-2002 08:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider
This shouldn't belong in the Spiritual Life forum, more like the Debate forum, cause it's causing lots of animosity.

agreed on that... cuz topics like this... okay

don't mess with the topic of religions... cuz it's just gonna turn into this big mess....

and unis...i will interpret the way i see it.. cuz it's the way i see it.... cuz if they twist them... what more are you saying except that... they're changing it into something wrong? the fact that you said TWIST was what made me think what i'm thinking...

i think this forum is more like.... helping you with your spiritual life... not picking it to pieces... which is probably what we're doing... in that case.... we're ALL wrong... haha

Old Post 07-19-2002 10:19 PM
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

well volcom strider is rite on the points that it's much better to truly believe and not go to church than to go and not care, but there is a reason why christianity has its specificities. chrisitianity is very very broad, ranging from presbyterians to baptists to methodists to catholics and many, many more. each group interprets the bible a little differently; for instance, baptists and methodists and such don't pray to mary or to the saints. there are many fundamental differences, and that is why there are so many different churches it's not absolutely necessary to, say, go to a catholic church if ur catholic, but if u dun, wut happens at that mass will contradict sum of ur beliefs.

but it's troo, the main belief shud be GOD - but everyone interprets wut He sez differently, and so there realli is no right or wrong religion.

hmmm....many branches of chrisitianity believe u dun need a priest for confession, but catholics do. i guess that kinda relates to wut u sed volcom strider bout the need to go to church...sum pplz mite feel it's necessary, but othrs mite not need it to connect with God. i agree, not going to church duzn't make u a bad person and going to church duzn't necessarily make u a good person either.

Old Post 07-25-2002 07:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

well, different denominations differ in doctrine, n some differ more radically, in different texts/added/appended/altered.......i think some denominations have it wrong, n others who have a more conservative/or liberal doctrine, but not necessarily wrong, but im not goin into deep detail about what i believe

Old Post 08-12-2002 01:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

hey... the way i see it... church is a time of learning and growth... if you find yourself no longer growing in a church... perhaps try a different one... but there are denominations because of the o so many reasons listed above... its kind of ironic though... sunday is the MOST segregated day of the week... haha we all do believe in one god? we all agree that jesus is god's son... but the fact is because we are HUMAN... we all came to different conclusions as to how God wants us to dictate ourselves... some people believe in the purity of the body... some people believe in the sanctity of the mind... but thats no reason to believe ne denomination is better then the other... its just because once again... were HUMAN! haha... it seems like the biggest flaw we have is being ourselves

Old Post 08-12-2002 04:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote