Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > weakening faith
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

weakening faith

i still remember when i was a little boy... so damn innocent. my faith in god was amazing, i didn't know anything else in the world except god. i used to pray every night, "dear god, please when i leave this earth, let me join you in heaven" everynight i used to pray that. used to pray about cleansing my sins everyday... two times a day. in my opinion, i think that when everybody is younger, we are similar versions to adam and eve before they have bitten the apple, completely oblivous to our surroundings. our mind has not been filled with information yet, and therefore being immature. i guess that as we grow older our mind "grows." we start to regard, put aside our faiths because we have something else rather than god. computers, t.v, boyfriend/girlfriend, going out wit friends, mall, sports, school etc. these petty minor things that interfere with our relationship with god. "oh i don't need him, i have better things to do, ill pray later, im not going to church today... too tired, too busy" i haven't had a real relationship with god in such a long time, and in reality it seems as i don't even need him. i can feel my faith weakening, deteriorating to the point where its impossible to recieve it back. i have so much in my mind, so much stress, going crazy sometimes, instead of turning to god id rather turn to computers, friends, going outside, and instead of using faith id use logic. sometimes i question the meanings of god and his teachings, but i know the bible is correct... i just can't get it into my mind and heart . . . soul .. i try praying sometimes, and it feels as though i cant communicate with him anymore... like he just left me, i guess im not trying hard enough, or like i said ... lack in faith.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-16-2003 02:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

who says logic and faith can't coexist?

i think you know very well that God hasn't left you. you probably just can't feel His presence anymore, due to whatever reasons. i think it's good that you've identified this (and hopefully the cause of this) before it's too late and you lost your faith completely. try talking to a youth counselor or senior youth group member, or your priest/pastor. i'm sure they can answer questions you may have, or help you to regain your faith somehow.

Old Post 05-17-2003 03:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

it happenes to alot of people, cuz we r growing up we want to experience new things instead of old. Yeah, when i was litte i think i had a better bond with God then i do now yet i still pray ever night. But God is always there for u, God will always forgive ur sins, he'll be there to protect u. He's there for u just maybe in different forms even if it has to hurt

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 05-17-2003 03:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
who says logic and faith can't coexist?

Faith is not a logical standard by which to base beliefs- to assume something is true without concrete verification is not logical. That is the entire reason why religions are often labeled as "faiths" (check out its definition in the dictionary).

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-17-2003 07:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

hmmm... i believe in god more now than i did when i was little. i gained more faith from experiences while growing up. not that i didn't believe in god when i was little, i just have more faith in him now.

Old Post 05-18-2003 01:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

i envy all of you... i don't know what to do ...

Old Post 05-18-2003 05:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Valor
prelapsarian dweller

I know exactly what you're talking about YaaMaKoh. I too, used to be a very devout Christian when I was younger. I'd pray every night, read the Bible, and all that other stuff associated with being a zealot of the Catholic Church. These days, my relationship is God is pathetically weak. I wish it was stronger, but sometimes I despair and end up asking myself, "Why does God let all these bad things happen to me?" I guess, in the end...it's all just a simple test of faith.

"We know where we're going, but do we know how to get there?"

you'll turn and walk away, never
knowing that you are my life.

Old Post 05-18-2003 06:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Valor Click here to Send Valor a Private Message Visit Valor's homepage! Find more posts by Valor Add Valor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

God's love for you never changes.
But your understanding of God's love can change.

Don't hesitate.
Do communicate.

Be a little child again.
Passionate and wild before you father.

Let go of your burdens for his arms are open wide - always.
Sure you may have made him cry, but our father's love is unconditional, he had sent his son for us.

Do not be afraid.
For freedom is found only in him.

He remembered us when we were in trouble. His love continues forever. PSALM 136:23

Old Post 05-19-2003 12:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
Faith is not a logical standard by which to base beliefs- to assume something is true without concrete verification is not logical. That is the entire reason why religions are often labeled as "faiths" (check out its definition in the dictionary).

i see what you mean; no one can use logic to explain faith, and one cannot use faith to explain why the elements in the periodic table act the way they do and so forth. but what i meant was, a logical person could be religious, and a religious person could certainly be logical. for instance, sir isaac newton was Christian, and he tried to use his discoveries to give people a better understanding of the religion, even though his plan backfired.

Old Post 05-19-2003 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
but what i meant was, a logical person could be religious, and a religious person could certainly be logical. for instance, sir isaac newton was Christian, and he tried to use his discoveries to give people a better understanding of the religion, even though his plan backfired.

ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-19-2003 04:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phil c
-l0okin ^up^-

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
hmmm... i believe in god more now than i did when i was little. i gained more faith from experiences while growing up. not that i didn't believe in god when i was little, i just have more faith in him now.

i have more faith now than i used to because ive matured soo much more...faith is not logical to this world because humans only believe in what they can see...feel...smell...hear...taste....thatz what limits the race of humans who dont know God...faith is believing what we cant see...thatz what sets us apart of everyone else...

God definitely hasnt left you...will never leave you...ya kno that andy...itz juss that you probz cant feel his presence in your life anymore...mabe uve gone too sidetracked to really hear his voice...pray and pray and do devos...God created those things for us to have a deeper love relationship with Him...he doesnt wanna lose you...and im sure u dont wanna lose Him...

keep the faith bro

Old Post 05-19-2003 04:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for phil c Click here to Send phil c a Private Message Visit phil c's homepage! Find more posts by phil c Add phil c to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

its just so hard...
at hosanna 2003 the pastor asked all of us. "those of you that are first time christians, who want to recieve him into your life, are afraid please stand..." i didn't stand. i wanted him into my life, but i was already a christian and was saved... but then he asked us another question. seems like god is telling me something... "now, for those of you that are saved, christians, and keep running away... want him back, want the emptyness to be filled with his love once again... as if you feel your faith is weakening.., stand..." that made my heart jump, i wanted to stand but i couldn't, felt as though it was my cue but i didn't do anything..i convinced myself, "no, dont do it.. not again..." seems like satan is doing the work for me... im such a fukin idiot..

Old Post 05-19-2003 07:49 PM
yOOnsk

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
its just so hard...
at hosanna 2003 the pastor asked all of us. "those of you that are first time christians, who want to recieve him into your life, are afraid please stand..." i didn't stand. i wanted him into my life, but i was already a christian and was saved... but then he asked us another question. seems like god is telling me something... "now, for those of you that are saved, christians, and keep running away... want him back, want the emptyness to be filled with his love once again... as if you feel your faith is weakening.., stand..." that made my heart jump, i wanted to stand but i couldn't, felt as though it was my cue but i didn't do anything..i convinced myself, "no, dont do it.. not again..." seems like satan is doing the work for me... im such a fukin idiot..

i've been in that same situation, as have a lot of christians im sure. You know.. that feeling where you can just FEEL it inside of you that God wants you to come back to him, He wants you to take that extra leap of faith.. He wants you to stand up and get out of ur comfort zone.. yet most of us end up sitting down.. turning our backs on Him.. turning to what the world wants. whenever i'm in those situations i always wish i had the courage to stand, i even pray that He would give me the courage but i almost always fail. Turning back to Him is something that He wants, as you can see by the way He's giving you these opportunities. We have to turn back to Him by sacrificing something from this world, i think that's the only way. in the case of hosanna, that sacrifice would be comfort. i encourage you to take that leap out of your comfort zone whenever the opportunity arrives. do it for Him.

[ Proverbs 18:24 ]

Old Post 05-19-2003 11:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yOOnsk Click here to Send yOOnsk a Private Message Find more posts by yOOnsk Add yOOnsk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

i have been very faithful as i was growing up as a young child. As i started growing into my teenage years, i started losing God. My faith stated dropping. Everything become crazy at this point in my life, as soon as i started fading away from God, my life started changing. Things became worse, many problems.. i started doing things that i never done before, my parents never realli worried about me, til then. my mom started getting worried about me, i started running away from home.. i used to be scared of my dad, but after i lost my faith in God, i never thot about sin. i started doing things i knew were wrong, but until one day i had a talk with one of my youth group teachers. she wanted to know why i never came to church anymore, knowing i used to go every weekend including fridays and wednesdays. for some reason i trusted her with everything, i told her.. she told me something about wen she used to be my age. She was into Goth music and all that stuff.. that dark world stuff.. and she used to get high, drunk almost everyday. she became very sick, she still is.. she has to watch her health and what she eats. but that led her closer to God. she never thot she wouldve made it if it wasnt for her praying everyday. thats wen i got worried about myself. i felt so bad, she started crying while telling me this. knowing that i didnt want to get in trouble or scared that i may end up in tha same position.. i turned to God. after that.. my life started coming back, but even better than before. its not tha greatest, especially since i dunt realli live with my parents right now, im still thankful for having them. And thankful towards God for letting me live this life and experience what i went through. i know one day i will be able to spread some of the words of God and hopefully bring more and more people towards God like my teacher did. I know everyone will one day experience somthing in their lives that will bring them back, if not closer to God.

Old Post 05-20-2003 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

Re: weakening faith

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
i still remember when i was a little boy... so damn innocent. my faith in god was amazing, i didn't know anything else in the world except god. i used to pray every night, "dear god, please when i leave this earth, let me join you in heaven" everynight i used to pray that. used to pray about cleansing my sins everyday... two times a day. in my opinion, i think that when everybody is younger, we are similar versions to adam and eve before they have bitten the apple, completely oblivous to our surroundings. our mind has not been filled with information yet, and therefore being immature. i guess that as we grow older our mind "grows." we start to regard, put aside our faiths because we have something else rather than god. computers, t.v, boyfriend/girlfriend, going out wit friends, mall, sports, school etc. these petty minor things that interfere with our relationship with god. "oh i don't need him, i have better things to do, ill pray later, im not going to church today... too tired, too busy" i haven't had a real relationship with god in such a long time, and in reality it seems as i don't even need him. i can feel my faith weakening, deteriorating to the point where its impossible to recieve it back. i have so much in my mind, so much stress, going crazy sometimes, instead of turning to god id rather turn to computers, friends, going outside, and instead of using faith id use logic. sometimes i question the meanings of god and his teachings, but i know the bible is correct... i just can't get it into my mind and heart . . . soul .. i try praying sometimes, and it feels as though i cant communicate with him anymore... like he just left me, i guess im not trying hard enough, or like i said ... lack in faith.

Deuteronomy 31:8
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Remember he is there when you least expect it. If you feel that he has left you, remember that he hasn't. It's not a matter of feeling it. It's a matter of believing it.

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 05-24-2003 07:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by Valor
all that other stuff associated with being a zealot of the Catholic Church.
sansgenocide

Old Post 06-02-2003 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

Re: Re: weakening faith

quote:
Originally posted by merc
Deuteronomy 31:8
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Remember he is there when you least expect it. If you feel that he has left you, remember that he hasn't. It's not a matter of feeling it. It's a matter of believing it.

i really appreciate it that you brought up that verse. it has given me a bit more hope in my belief and my own understanding of my faith. thank you.

i thank all of you that helped me in a way, made me realize a bit in what i have through god..., your examples of your own struggling faith has made me realize that im not alone, and that we all have problems communicating with god, that no one is perfect. like you people said, all a matter about believing and courage that you must have within yourself. i will believe... i will get it back..

Last edited by YaaMaKoh on 06-02-2003 at 02:50 PM

Old Post 06-02-2003 02:48 PM