Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > masturbation
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bigChubuff

masturbation

i know it is a sin but how bad of a sin is it?
is it really that bad?

and where in the bible does it mention masturbation?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-09-2003 11:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i don't think there are degrees of sins, right? It's either a sin or it's not, i don't htink any are taken lightly or to different levels than any others. Though i don't know about it that much which is why i have the question marks hehe, someone affirm or negate please

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 03-09-2003 11:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

all sin's are equally bad.

Old Post 03-10-2003 12:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat
all sin's are equally bad.

I'm sure killing someone is just as bad as saying "Oh that's a pretty shirt" when you really think the shirt sucks.

Old Post 03-10-2003 12:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
I'm sure killing someone is just as bad as saying "Oh that's a pretty shirt" when you really think the shirt sucks.

yup.

Old Post 03-10-2003 01:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

down with religion.

Old Post 03-10-2003 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

quote:
Originally posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23
down with religion.

Run. And fast. A mentality like that will not get you far as it is. Might as well start now.

Old Post 03-10-2003 02:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kangg fu

masturbation is wrong because it is selfish and being selfish is a sin even though we may be selfish alot. plus, wouldnt you lose self-respect too?

Old Post 03-10-2003 04:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kangg fu Click here to Send kangg fu a Private Message Find more posts by kangg fu Add kangg fu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:
Originally posted by kangg fu
masturbation is wrong because it is selfish and being selfish is a sin even though we may be selfish alot. plus, wouldnt you lose self-respect too?

How can masturbation be considered selfish?

Old Post 03-10-2003 04:51 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
masturbation is wrong because it is selfish

yes, we are depriving the masses of willing women of our seed...

please, someone hand me the mallet.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 03-10-2003 04:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kangg fu

well, it's selfish because you do it to satisfy your sexual desires...and masturbation prob leads to other things such as the real thing, having sex (ooo i said sex)

Old Post 03-10-2003 05:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kangg fu Click here to Send kangg fu a Private Message Find more posts by kangg fu Add kangg fu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
well, it's selfish because you do it to satisfy your sexual desires...

so then, by following your line of logic, acting upon other base desires such as hunger, is considered sinful as well. We are, after all, being selfish by answering to bodily desire. Brilliant! I shall commence self-starvation immediately!

quote:
and masturbation prob leads to other things such as the real thing, having sex (ooo i said sex)

which in turn, is very practical for the survival of the human species. Yes, wouldn't God be happy when the rate of growing believers starts dropping.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 03-10-2003 06:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kangg fu

haha yes we all need to eat but eating isnt a sin...selfish sexual acts are sins

Old Post 03-10-2003 06:14 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
haha yes we all need to eat but eating isnt a sin

it is a bodily desire- as are sexual needs. Why, then is a double standard being employed?

quote:
selfish sexual acts are sins

ah yes, but you then enroach upon the realm of subjectivity. By sticking on an adjective, you press your individual belief system upon others, claiming justification through religion. Let's take out the adjective, and look at the general act of responding to sexual desire without any personal bias. Now, c/a my preceding statement.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 03-10-2003 06:25 AM
kangg fu

it still holds, even without "selfish", just plain sexual thoughts and actions are sin when they are not under God's provision, jesus says himself that even thinking about adultery is sin, that's not subjective, it's what it says in the bible, and yeah, so we're not married yet, but for us to think about sex with ppl is still a form of adultery

Old Post 03-10-2003 06:34 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
it still holds, even without "selfish", just plain sexual thoughts and actions are sin when they are not under God's provision, jesus says himself that even thinking about adultery is sin, that's not subjective

answer my 1st statement.

quote:
so we're not married yet, but for us to think about sex with ppl is still a form of adultery

You knowingly refuted your own statement. Wonderful job.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 03-10-2003 06:41 AM
kangg fu

here you go

we're not married yet, but if we trust in God and His plan, then we know that there is someone that He has already planned for us so if we just follow our own judgment and have sexual relations with someone before we marry them, we are committing adultery b/c we are deviating from the one who is to be for us..do u honestly believe that masturbation isnt a sin? or are u just arguing for the sake of argument?

Old Post 03-10-2003 06:48 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: here you go

quote:
we're not married yet, but if we trust in God and His plan, then we know that there is someone that He has already planned for us so if we just follow our own judgment and have sexual relations with someone before we marry them, we are committing adultery b/c we are deviating from the one who is to be for us..

In order to believe in that, one must acknowledge that God is omniscient. I will refrain from getting into arguments about the bible, but there are clear passages in the text wherein God makes mistakes, and recognizes them. e.g. the covenant with moses, thereby explicating that the Lord is not all-knowing, and that his plan is not perfect.

BTW- Answer my first statement from the my post 4 replies up.

quote:
do u honestly believe that masturbation isnt a sin? or are u just arguing for the sake of argument?

I am not religious, and therefore do not believe that masturbation is a sin. I do, however, understand that sin is a religious construct, and therefore, I will argue under mostly religious terms.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 03-10-2003 06:58 AM
kangg fu

ok well first how bout you make some good arguments instead of just questioning mine without trying to use all the big vocab words to impress people, its not gonna help what you say anymore and if your gonna use pompous vocab try spelling it right
and how dare you say God is wrong? try to show some respect to the Christian religion which million of people live their lives by.. and btw, God is omniscient

Old Post 03-10-2003 07:12 AM
kangg fu

and for bigChubuff...if you look in Colossians 3:5, it says, "Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry" masturbation falls under lust...also read 1 thessalonians 4:1-7

Old Post 03-10-2003 07:14 AM