Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > The Prince of Egypt edifying one's faith
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
merc

The Prince of Egypt edifying one's faith

These days the media of the world and the spiritual world are almost contradictory in their ends. One seldom finds things that carry the word of God courageously and effectively in the media. This is why I was pretty suprised when I saw The Prince of Egypt . Beyond being just an amazing film, it is one of the most inspirational films I have seen as a christian. It tells the biblical story of Moses in a very different light while still keeping true to the "word". How can one not shiver in awe, watching Moses splits the Sea in two, thundering the power of God through the mere use of his wooden staff.

The mere magnificance of this film can not be underestimated.
If you need inspiration, I encourage you to watch it!

merc has attached this image:

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Last edited by merc on 02-20-2003 at 05:37 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-20-2003 05:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Valor
prelapsarian dweller

I agree with you on that wholeheartedly my friend. The movie was a very powerful and inspiring one that is worth seeing.

you'll turn and walk away, never
knowing that you are my life.

Old Post 02-20-2003 06:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Valor Click here to Send Valor a Private Message Visit Valor's homepage! Find more posts by Valor Add Valor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

it does more to entrench the misconceptions people have of Exodus than anything else.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Last edited by Crazydeb8ter on 02-20-2003 at 08:49 AM

Old Post 02-20-2003 08:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
it does more to entrench the misconceptions people have of Exodus than anything else.

The truth was lost long ago on some people so we might as well make the falsehoods inspiring.

I really enjoyed Prince of Egypt by the way. The fact that Val Kilmer, who previously played Batman, was the voice of God put two and two together for me.

Old Post 02-20-2003 04:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

It's all a matter of perception. If you are disturbed by the little inconsistances and changes, this is obviously not your movie. But if you focus more on the important essence and values of the movie, there is a good chance it will edify your faith as it did for me.

"It's a loose adaptation, capturing the "essence and values" of the Bible story...never surrendering to "cute" touches that would make it into a whimsical cartoon for moppets. " - Susan Granger(All-Reviews.com)

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Last edited by merc on 02-20-2003 at 08:20 PM

Old Post 02-20-2003 05:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yOOnsk

hmm.. i've never seen that movie.. i should check it out.. oh by the way, i'm new here. I read in TIME magazine that Mel Gibson is currently working on a Christian movie called "Passion". It's the story of the crucifixion and the movie's going to have only Aramaic and Latin in it, no subtitles. He said he wants to reenact the crucifixion as realistically as possible and he's consulting a lot of theologists for the movie.. i can't wait..

[ Proverbs 18:24 ]

Old Post 02-21-2003 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yOOnsk Click here to Send yOOnsk a Private Message Find more posts by yOOnsk Add yOOnsk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

quote:
One seldom finds things that carry the word of God courageously and effectively in the media.

i dont see why it should be carried in the media. what that is doing is pushing minority beliefs on the masses. that is why god is not shown more often. many are offended by seeing religion in the mass media and therefore it is not frequently included.

Old Post 02-21-2003 02:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

are you saying there should be restrictions in what type of material they show in the media? If they're not discreet about showing sex and violence, why should God be filtered by the media?

Last edited by merc on 02-21-2003 at 04:28 AM

Old Post 02-21-2003 04:23 AM
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

quote:
Originally posted by requiem
The fact that Val Kilmer, who previously played Batman, was the voice of God put two and two together for me.

i knew that voice sounded familiar!

i really enjoyed this movie. however, it did stray from the word quite a bit...in the movie, it made moses and ramses all buddy-buddy when in reality the pharoah favored moses over his own son. o well tho; those kinds of things don't bother me. how moses brought salvation to his people was still very awe-inspiring.

Old Post 02-21-2003 05:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote