Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > question about suicide
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
xYuhWOox

question about suicide

sigh... suicide is a sin rite? so im guessing everyone who suicides will go to hell?? what about those who didnt know god.. i think thats so unfair.. my friend hung herself last sunday. and i just cant get it off my mind that shes someplace not in heaven.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-21-2003 09:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xYuhWOox Click here to Send xYuhWOox a Private Message Find more posts by xYuhWOox Add xYuhWOox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

yes. according to what i believe, commiting a suicide is a sin and you'll go to hell if you do. what's so unfair about who didn't know God? i think they had the chances in their lives to get to know God, or atleast that's what i believe.

Old Post 01-21-2003 10:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat
yes. according to what i believe, commiting a suicide is a sin and you'll go to hell if you do. what's so unfair about who didn't know God? i think they had the chances in their lives to get to know God, or atleast that's what i believe.

i agree, but it also depends if someone has witnessed to your friend. i mean, did u try to talk to ur friend about Jesus Christ?

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 01-21-2003 10:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

if you hate your life that much to end it, then i think god if he exists will forgive you

Old Post 01-21-2003 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

i think suicide is just an easy and selfish way out. there are plenty of people dying in hospital beds wishing for life. If death is the absolute end then maybe you should live the life while you have it and see what our world can offer or what you can offer the world. If death is not the absolute end and there is a God, then accept that suicide is a sin and hope for the best and avoid the worst.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 01-22-2003 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xYuhWOox

thanks for the replies.. i know myself that is right to what you people said.. and i believed that until up to this point i just hope to doubt my own belief of the situation.. i mean.. think if it was ur friend.. wouldnt u want her to atleast end up somewhere but hell.... sigh.. this is so depressing..

Old Post 01-22-2003 02:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xYuhWOox Click here to Send xYuhWOox a Private Message Find more posts by xYuhWOox Add xYuhWOox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

i really dont think you should get hung up on where your friend is headed, y'know? i mean.. whats the point? im sure she thought long and hard about her decision and theres no point in figuring out whether she deserved heaven or hell. instead, think of who she was to you and to others. im sure she was a friend for a reason and remind yourself how precious friendships and life really is.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 01-22-2003 03:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

that is really sad and i'm sorry to hear that. we may think it's unfair, but if you think about it, it's really unfair to Him who gave her a chance of life. people who commit suicide are in a way, i think, throwing God's most precious gift back in His face. she never had the oppurtunity to know God; that really is a shame perhaps there's a chance she could be in purgatory....

Old Post 01-23-2003 02:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xYuhWOox

whats purgatory?

Old Post 01-23-2003 03:46 AM
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

quote:
Originally posted by xYuhWOox
whats purgatory?
not exactly sure... but i believe its the Catholic belief that one who has done some kinda sin or something i ferget is sent to purgatory where they spends some time in like spiritual limbo... someone correct me if im wrong... this belief i think is only present in catholicism and not in protestant churches...

Old Post 01-23-2003 06:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

quote:
Originally posted by TyGer STyLe
not exactly sure... but i believe its the Catholic belief that one who has done some kinda sin or something i ferget is sent to purgatory where they spends some time in like spiritual limbo... someone correct me if im wrong... this belief i think is only present in catholicism and not in protestant churches...

yea, im not that sure either, but it is a belief in catholicism. its like wen u die, u dont go to heaven or hell, but u dont stay on earth. i think thats wat it is.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 01-23-2003 11:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:
whats purgatory?

A state or place of purification after death; according to the Roman Catholic creed, a place, or a state believed to exist after death, in which the souls of persons are purified by expiating such offenses committed in this life as do not merit eternal damnation, or in which they fully satisfy the justice of God for sins that have been forgiven. After this purgation from the impurities of sin, the souls are believed to be received into heaven.

Old Post 01-23-2003 01:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM

quote:
A state or place of purification after death; according to the Roman Catholic creed, a place, or a state believed to exist after death, in which the souls of persons are purified by expiating such offenses committed in this life as do not merit eternal damnation, or in which they fully satisfy the justice of God for sins that have been forgiven. After this purgation from the impurities of sin, the souls are believed to be received into heaven.

precisely. purgatory is a place where ur "purged" of ur sins, in the roman catholic faith.

Old Post 01-25-2003 01:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xYuhWOox

ohh so thats what purgatory is.. but the thing is... is there really a place like that??? probably not.. right?

Old Post 01-27-2003 10:52 PM
daNNy LuV 1TYM

quote:
ohh so thats what purgatory is.. but the thing is... is there really a place like that??? probably not.. right?

catholics believe there is. i believe there is.

Old Post 01-28-2003 02:04 AM
LooKatClara

yes purgatory is a roman catholic belief. think of it this way: you get to heaven by a road or a stairway, or by climbing a mountain. there are seven level of the mountain, each representing one of the seven deadly sins: lust, greed, wrath, pride, sloth, envy, and gluttony (i dont have them in order...there is an order though). in each level you are purged of these sins. these are the basis of sin, where all mortal (premeditated) sins come from. if you're sent to purgatory, it means you're definitely going to heaven. you don't get pulled out halfway and sent to hell.

the reason why suicide is a sin is because God gave you the most precious gift of all, which is life. the fact that you took that gift for granted, and that you killed yourself, tells Him that you're basically shoving this precious gift back into His face and telling Him you don't need it. i know that many of those who commit suicide actually had a real problem, but a sin is a sin. and since it's a mortal sin, which can make you lose your grace from God, and because you've died, you can't confess it, so you're pretty much screwed. that's why you always always try and hang onto that hope and try to make your life better.

btw...im really sorry to hear about your friend. i'll pray for her...

Old Post 01-31-2003 06:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LooKatClara Click here to Send LooKatClara a Private Message Visit LooKatClara's homepage! Find more posts by LooKatClara Add LooKatClara to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outcaste
Cyanide Pill

Life is one of the ultimate gifts of God. Suicide is one of the ultimate disrespects to God, destroying a gift that he gave you.

It's my opinion that if you commit suicide knowing about God and what he taught, you are without a doubt going to hell. It's not necessarily a cowardly, easy way out, because some peoples' lives suck that much ass, but at the same time, if you know it's wrong, why do it? That's just laziness and selfishness if you say "it's because of human error" as an excuse.

It's madd harsh, and it's kinda pushing things, I know, but it's the right way to live, trying to be the best you can, and making the most you can out of life, because I'm telling you, generally 40-100 yrs. of a horrible piss-ass life isn't gonna compare to destroying the love God gives you and burning in hell for all eternity.

Those who died or suicided and did not know of God, however, I hope that they are given a second chance. There may have been a couple of things that gave them a chance to start believing in God, but the social upbringing, and usually ignorance, immaturity, and misguidedness of these people may had had an effect on their choices and behavior. I HOPE. Knowing God, he's prolly still gonna fry them.

but that's not my opinion to adhere to. Jesus Christ said it himself that God has no favor for those who presume. We have no idea how God judges people, except for the clues that the Bible and that our religions teach us, which is little compared to the big picture.

Edit: and best wishes to your friend. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY my theory holds true.

Old Post 02-02-2003 08:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Outcaste Click here to Send Outcaste a Private Message Find more posts by Outcaste Add Outcaste to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:

What about Native Americans who lived here before the Europeans came?

Old Post 02-02-2003 10:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

ive found since ive been posting here that im one of the few people who isnt of the christian faith. ive been reading what you all have been posting and though i dont exactly agree with it, i see where you are coming from. i also read what ajy had to say about the matter and though he may have been kidding like he often does, i think he has somewhat of a point.

many people who commit suicide suffer from chronic depression and feel all the time the way we feel at our extreme lows. i have seen people who suffer from this and it is not pretty. the medicine prescribed for this makes gives them extra hormones which cause them to get more energy which gives the sense that they are happy. the person must either overcome the illness or continue the meds. the person becomes dependent on the medicine and if the supply is cut off, the person will become extremely depressed. it is in thesse cases that many suicides take place. these people were born with this imbalance and therefore go through a lot more than most of us do. im not going to get into anything about a god or the afterlife becuase i do not believe in any of it so its nnot my grounds to tread on.

was your friend on any medication or did she have a depresional illness?

Old Post 02-02-2003 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AZN Pinoy BOI
..:SeNsei-Kun

quote:

it's a belief, Jesus is a belief, are we sure ther are things like this? no, but it's faith. I'm not saying thats it's not really or anything, i believe in it... yes suiside is a sin, i'm very sorry for you but u should move on, i agree with alot of things that ken versus ryu. I believe that prayers help people in pergaory to go to heaven like AJY 2K said, that god will forgive her or anyone... but everyone is forgived, if Hitler went to church and confessed his sinz he would be forgiven and would be in heaven... so pray for her, pray for the best for her, it's worth a try

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Old Post 02-02-2003 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AZN Pinoy BOI Click here to Send AZN Pinoy BOI a Private Message Visit AZN Pinoy BOI's homepage! Find more posts by AZN Pinoy BOI Add AZN Pinoy BOI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote