Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > church politics
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
s0lotu

church politics

i've moved from church to church because of friggin church politics, 99% of the time involving money conflicts. this corruption has turned my parents away from church in the past, as i'm sure it has many other people. it seems to be almost unavoidable. no matter what church one attends, there is bound to be corruption somewhere... a lot of times it involves those who are core members, sometimes even the pastor himself. it makes me sick. what is the best way to handle things like this, especially as young members of church? i feel like running away every time isn't the answer. but what do you do when your parents are really uncomfortable with the church leaders?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-23-2003 07:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for s0lotu Click here to Send s0lotu a Private Message Find more posts by s0lotu Add s0lotu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

my church is realli small so my parents are the church leaders, heh. i don't realli know how to approach this situation since i don't hav personal experience, but i guess the only thing you can do is try to be honest and do the right thing, even if people you're supposed to trust, like the pastor, aren't. and i don't know what you mean by monetary conflicts? do the church leaders mishandle the donations given by the rest of the people? that wud be a very bad thing

Old Post 03-23-2003 07:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yOOnsk

I guess the best way to handle something like this is to try and talk with the youth group members and ur pastor. God doesn't want you to simply attend your church, he wants you to be active and, if required, bring about change. yeah, ur right when u say that every church has corruption in some form. But then again, wat one person says about a church may not be the truth. In my church, rumors among the parents spread about our pastors and a lot of people felt that they had to leave becuz of it. That's just stubbornness. I'm certain that all of the rumors were.. just that.. rumors that had no truth in them watsoever. It was just gossip among the adults. the corruption wasn't within the church itself, but within the gossiping adults.

[ Proverbs 18:24 ]

Old Post 03-23-2003 09:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yOOnsk Click here to Send yOOnsk a Private Message Find more posts by yOOnsk Add yOOnsk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by s0lotu
i've moved from church to church because of friggin church politics, 99% of the time involving money conflicts. this corruption has turned my parents away from church in the past

same with me now i go to church that has no kids but the whole church are all ahjuma's i'm so lonely and i havn't been on a retreat for hella long

Old Post 03-24-2003 05:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by yOOnsk
I guess the best way to handle something like this is to try and talk with the youth group members and ur pastor. God doesn't want you to simply attend your church, he wants you to be active and, if required, bring about change. yeah, ur right when u say that every church has corruption in some form. But then again, wat one person says about a church may not be the truth. In my church, rumors among the parents spread about our pastors and a lot of people felt that they had to leave becuz of it. That's just stubbornness. I'm certain that all of the rumors were.. just that.. rumors that had no truth in them watsoever. It was just gossip among the adults. the corruption wasn't within the church itself, but within the gossiping adults.

why do our parents gossip more then us?! jezz church is so damn annoyin lately for me. parents always gossiped and say shit. also i dont get why its stubbornness if i felt like leavin? a church is supposed 2 be a church no one has 2 take that shit.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 03-26-2003 12:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yOOnsk

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
why do our parents gossip more then us?! jezz church is so damn annoyin lately for me. parents always gossiped and say shit. also i dont get why its stubbornness if i felt like leavin? a church is supposed 2 be a church no one has 2 take that shit.
nah.. i'm not saying stubbornness made u leave.. i'm saying stubbornness made the ppl at my church believe wat the adults were saying w/o actually finding out the truth..

[ Proverbs 18:24 ]

Old Post 03-26-2003 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yOOnsk Click here to Send yOOnsk a Private Message Find more posts by yOOnsk Add yOOnsk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by yOOnsk
nah.. i'm not saying stubbornness made u leave.. i'm saying stubbornness made the ppl at my church believe wat the adults were saying w/o actually finding out the truth..

o ok ic ty

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 03-26-2003 02:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kangg fu

church politics is horrible...it disgusts me...it seems as if not just the kids but the adults go to socialize and make themselves seem good when they are talking about each other behind their backs...its sad.. and totally unneccasary....there should not be any church politics...i hear you vivian

Old Post 04-07-2003 04:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kangg fu Click here to Send kangg fu a Private Message Find more posts by kangg fu Add kangg fu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

i'm sorry it had to be the manipulation and corruption of the church leaders that made you and your family leave.

yes, we're only humans. no one is perfect, though we do try. some of us are more vulnerable to some things more than other... in this case: money.

in my church's adult congregation, hurtful words and discouragement are all about. my parents suffer a lot from fellow church members talking bad about them because they become jealous of my parents and their involvement in church. not just that, God has been blessing our family every time my parents do his work discreetly and every time my parents sacrifice their time, energy, and money for the church. so in that way, there has been people who become jealous of my family and parents and try to conjure up ways to put them down. they always fail. sure, it hurts a whole lot. but it makes my parents that much more dependent on our Father. God always provides justice. we see it all the time on the people who try to discourage us. God punishes those who persecutes his sons and daughters.

wait on the Lord. he has promised great things for those who believe and obey him. be patient in the Lord. do not do things on your own will but be dependent on him, praying constantly for the church leaders to be convicted and turn their hearts to the real matter and for protection for your family. God's timing is different from our own understanding.

I hope for the best for your family and that God will tell your family at what church he has plans for you and your family to participate in. The Christian walk is best walked with those with the same faith.

He remembered us when we were in trouble. His love continues forever. PSALM 136:23

Old Post 05-01-2003 10:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote