Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > Failing Goals.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Spartan

Failing Goals.

I always promise God stuff that I never back up.

I always fail fasting, cursing, and "others". I feel horrible and I don't feel like I'm worthy of God anymore.

I have no will power what so ever.

Have you ever felt like that?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-21-2003 05:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spartan Click here to Send Spartan a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan Add Spartan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

yes. i feel like i've failed God when i can't stop cursing or thinking impure thoughts or other things. i wish i could be a better Christian....it's so hard and sometimes i wonder if i should really bother trying cuz it seems almost impossible to be what God wants us to be. and yet it's so simple...and i really believe and want to make Him happy...so i keep trying.

Old Post 02-21-2003 06:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kangg fu

yeah im sure all christians go through what you're going through because i know i am..i know what u mean...especially after retreats i always promise that i'll change but i eventually revert to my old ways such as cursing, but i find that the key is prayer. Prayer is really powerful and God always answers, even in the most unusual ways. Remember, you just can't stop cursing all at once, take it day by day. i always try to tell my self.."what good does cursing do anyway? make me look superior? " The fact that you feel guilty shows me that you are a good person who cares enough to want to change themselves. There is a perfect verse in the Bible ill look for and post up..adios

Old Post 02-21-2003 06:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kangg fu Click here to Send kangg fu a Private Message Find more posts by kangg fu Add kangg fu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

quote:
Originally posted by kangg fu
yeah im sure all christians go through what you're going through because i know i am..i know what u mean...especially after retreats i always promise that i'll change but i eventually revert to my old ways such as cursing, but i find that the key is prayer. Prayer is really powerful and God always answers, even in the most unusual ways. Remember, you just can't stop cursing all at once, take it day by day. i always try to tell my self.."what good does cursing do anyway? make me look superior? " The fact that you feel guilty shows me that you are a good person who cares enough to want to change themselves. There is a perfect verse in the Bible ill look for and post up..adios

i totally agree...it's really hard to not curse. not even my parents can keep from cursing...but they do pray for forgiveness. and i guess that it helps them. i try to do the same and its really hard. write now...to train myself..i wear a rubber band on my wrist...and wenever i curse, i hit myself with the rubberband. im not a massacist[spelling], if ur thinking that

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 02-21-2003 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

i dont feel like im failed ever, period. because if there is a god, hell forgive me for what i did, and if there isnt, why should i feel guilty anyway

Old Post 02-24-2003 08:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

quote:
Originally posted by AjY 2k
i dont feel like im failed ever, period. because if there is a god, hell forgive me for what i did, and if there isnt, why should i feel guilty anyway

i agree. but im not about to get into some heated religious debate, so just put me down for agreeing with wutever andrew says.

Old Post 02-24-2003 10:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eugenekim82

Last edited by eugenekim82 on 03-27-2013 at 04:42 PM

Old Post 02-25-2003 11:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eugenekim82 Click here to Send eugenekim82 a Private Message Find more posts by eugenekim82 Add eugenekim82 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

quote:
Originally posted by eugenekim82
More than really concentrating all your efforts on the "don't do's" I find that when I pursue more of the "do's" such as praying, reading the Word, pursuing a relationship w/ Him, I am changed from the inside out.

that sounds like a good strategy to try: focusing on the positives instead of the negatives. i'll try that and i hope i become more successful...i think what i need most to work on is my tolerance. i hope god can grant me patience

Old Post 02-26-2003 05:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote