Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > question about suicide
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LooKatClara

actually...i just recently learned that it's believed if you are committing suicide but befor eyou die you repent and regret it (even though you die anyway), you may still go to heaven...at least that's the Catholic belief. so yeah...im still prayin for your friend ^^

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-03-2003 02:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LooKatClara Click here to Send LooKatClara a Private Message Visit LooKatClara's homepage! Find more posts by LooKatClara Add LooKatClara to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

one thing i never understood was how it was honorable to commit seppuku (suicide for sammurai) in battle if caught, and how they give marines and astronauts cyanide(i believe it is this, but it is a poison) to kill themselves. if suicide is so condemned, why was it promoted as honorable in ancient times, as well as today in the marines. if caught, the captive takes the cyanide and takes any useful information along with it. with astronauts, they are given the cyanide to kill themselves if there is a problem on the ship or they are about to run out of oxygen. im by no means promoting suicide but im trying to get the point across that suicide is not always condemnable.

Old Post 02-03-2003 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

quote:
Originally posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23
with astronauts, they are given the cyanide to kill themselves if there is a problem on the ship or they are about to run out of oxygen.

mai they do that to save themselves from an excruciatingly painful death. running out of oxygen in space...*shudder*

but yea, it wuz considered honorable for the samurais to commit seppuku and during the taiping rebellion in china, when the leader wuz caught, thousands of his followers burned themselves to death rather than give in to the government that took over. i guess these types of people are big on pride and honor, but isn't that just another sin? God tells us to be humble. if you are defeated, you should just accept it. killing yourself in these cases stubbornness, in my opinion.

Old Post 02-03-2003 03:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xYuhWOox

quote:
Originally posted by LooKatClara
actually...i just recently learned that it's believed if you are committing suicide but befor eyou die you repent and regret it (even though you die anyway), you may still go to heaven...at least that's the Catholic belief. so yeah...im still prayin for your friend ^^
thanks for the thoughtfulness..

I guess everyone has different opinions on this subject.
Of course I also know that it is a sin and will not be forgiven.
But its hard for me to understand how my friend felt before she commited suicide and I'm pretty sure that it was extremely hard on her for her to do such a thing.. also.. she was buddist.. and the monk that was at her funeral announced to everyone that her life line on her hand was very very short and sort of choppy.. so in other words if she didnt commit suicide now she wouldve still tried to find a way to kil her self..
so is superstition true?

Old Post 02-04-2003 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xYuhWOox Click here to Send xYuhWOox a Private Message Find more posts by xYuhWOox Add xYuhWOox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

quote:
Originally posted by xYuhWOox
so is superstition true?

different cultures have different superstitions and belive different things. my mom can kinda read palms and she believes in that kinds of stuff; i can't really speak for myself because i don't know. anyway, these kinds of superstitions have been around for thousands of years so i guess they've proven true for some people. then again, superstitions can never really be proved...like, just because you break a mirror you're not gonna have bad luck for seven years or whatever. anyway, i find horoscopes and palm reading and superstitions interesting but i don't really believe in them. but if the palm reading is part of the buddhist religion, then i guess it's true for buddhists.

Old Post 02-06-2003 12:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote