Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > American Culture
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

quote:
Originally posted by requiem
How does someone respond to a paragraph which includes a country bombing ITSELF? Are you nuts? Do you even reread what you write so you can realize the stupidity of what you've written?

I assume you're referring to Timothy McVeigh. We can't BOMB Timothy McVeigh. We killed him. He's dead. It's that simple if you live in America.

Do you have any grasp of foreign policy? There is no way ANY SANE leader in their right mind will ever use a nuke militarily. Don't even consider it.

What you're trying to say, I gather, is that it's hypocritical of America to use violence to avenge violent acts. Do you think anyone who mass murders civilians will respond to peaceful negotiations? If you do, go tell the people in Palestine and Israel, cause it's working very well over there. The last leader to SIGN a peaceful agreement was assassinated. Goes to show how well PEACE works in the real world. Idealism only goes so far.

What you have to understand is that idealism is dead in the world. Politicians are serving the population. They want votes. Votes come from people. People want VENGEANCE. The outcry from people even TODAY is still for war against a phantom (aka terrorism). Those ignorant people fuel the fire that will make our next war take place. Ignorance is the wood we throw on the fire that fuels the hypocrasy you cite. And this ignorance is everywhere. You live in America, America has recently suffered a traumatic attack. Politicians have cleverly used this to start a war. Even Democrats won't speak out against the war. They want their votes too. When people are stupid, our image decreases, and we've only been getting stupider.

But your logic is flawed anyway. I agree with you to a point, but that point is far from where you have ended up.

All I am saying is since America is so great, why doesn't it try to be truly great and be a country of peace. America KNOWS that a lot of innocent lives die when you resort to war, they also know they're are no "true" winners to war. They aren't learning from their past experiences. I just get tired of seeing that America pride shit all go up after 9/11. They didn't have pride before... It all happened after something tradgic, that's why I don't like America.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-03-2002 09:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Click here to Send ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó a Private Message Find more posts by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó Add ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rawr itz errinn
Rawr~ SX! vrooooom!!

it's not just the american culture so dont point fingers. people from other countries are starting to forget their home language... kids are getting more rotten and spoiled every day.. and the list goes on. discipline ur children people....

Old Post 12-08-2002 06:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rawr itz errinn Click here to Send rawr itz errinn a Private Message Find more posts by rawr itz errinn Add rawr itz errinn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

All I am saying is since America is so great, why doesn't it try to be truly great and be a country of peace. America KNOWS that a lot of innocent lives die when you resort to war, they also know they're are no "true" winners to war. They aren't learning from their past experiences. I just get tired of seeing that America pride shit all go up after 9/11. They didn't have pride before... It all happened after something tradgic, that's why I don't like America.

I think those are utterly terrible reasons to not like america, just saying no offense or anything.

Furthermore this solution is so naive, America can't just be a country of peace, because then we'd be run over politically and i'm sure many things that we do now to stabalize peace would begin again and there would not be this peace you describe. I hope you realize that war isn't just some hypocritical thing america does, it's a necessary evil at times...i really don't see how you can't see that. Ok, let's all just be peaceful haha, nothing will come from that at all. And, then Saddam invades kuwait again, what would you say to that? Should america just be peaceful again? ("since we're so great" heh, i don't see why you harp over that so much, it's not a bad thing and if you don't like it then don't think it so) Hence, being a country of peace would not be great, rather stupid.

And who cares about pride going up after 9/11? That is certainly not outweighing the result of it all. It's stupid for us not to be prideful after a tragic event just to abstain from falling into your category of "shit", who wouldn't? It's not bad, do you care that much about "fake" people?

again, we all know your reasons, you don't need to reiterate or go "no, what i'm saying is....blah blah....that's why i don't like america" ok...so stop, we all know! We just all think it's not that great of a reason.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 12-08-2002 06:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by ¨Õ¨Ø¨ß¨á¨Ú¨Ó

Somehow I am unable to picture you becoming the US's National Security Advisor in the near future.

Old Post 12-18-2002 01:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote