Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Anorexia
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nas

Anorexia

I don't understand AT ALL where these people are coming from. I was looking at these sites, and they say they KNOW it brings them closer to death, yet they WANT to live.
And wait before you think anything, I am not anorexic. I wanted to see these sites out for myself and I was fascinated

Here's a reply from a pro-anorexic to an article in WebMD e-mag about pro-anorexic sites:

quote:

I recently read your article on pro-anorexia web sites, and I feel I have to voice my opinion.
I have been a member of many of these clubs through Yahoo!. I use the word have because Yahoo! has taken them down. I know you're probably jumping for joy, you and thousands of other reporters have taken down the enemy. Do you have no empathy? Now I have no support. It wasn't just about starving, achieving our goals, and so on. We gave support. We helped through death of partners, breakups, etc. Every member of that club knew someone cared about them and wasn't disapproving of them. Articles like yours just feed the fire. Why haven't you realized that yet? Every time Sally Jesse Raphael does her shows to "help" us, or articles are printed in magazines, the member levels soar! We got 100 members in one day after Sally showed her show, which was completely unrealistic.
I understand your point of view. Anorexia is a disease, but we make it into a lifestyle. Most of us know the consequences. We know death is so close, and a lot of us almost died even. But we've learned how to live. We need to live. We have lives with friends and family and jobs. We don't want to lose those things. Even if a lot of us have lost hope, most of us want to live. We have reasons for doing this, and they aren't wanting to be thin. Many of us have obsessive compulsive disorder, depression, are self-mutilators, and so on.
Our clubs also weren't encouraging anorexia. Every day there would be some newbie wanting to know how to lose weight by the time school started so her crush would go out with her. After a while, we just stopped answering these people. We didn't want anyone to fall into this spiral, because once you're in, its a long, hard road back, and none of us would wish that on anyone.
I hope now you understand our point of view.
C.Z.

Freaky stuff, I got this off bluedragonfly.org
So what do you guys think?

I know you better than you think I do-don't
worry dear, this is why I fell in love with you.
The man in the looking glass, is looking back
at you at last. You can't hide from the truth
because the truth is all there is.
And the truth hurts because the truth is all there is.
I realized some time ago, that I would have to let you go...
- Handsome Boy Modeling School
*d-30

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-26-2002 03:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nas Click here to Send nas a Private Message Visit nas's homepage! Find more posts by nas Add nas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

i find it sooo scary!

in health class last year... they showed us this video about anorexic girls... and they were sooo skinny... they look like they could break any minute!

Old Post 10-26-2002 05:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dalgyal
eGG head :D*

iss so scary....

i know this girl wooz not quite anorexic.. but close to it. i've never seen her eat and whenever we go out to eat somewhere for school or whatever, she never buys anything to eat. i feel so bad.. -_-; i cant imagine myself not eating.. i mean i eat like 247 haha --v

Old Post 10-27-2002 01:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dalgyal Click here to Send dalgyal a Private Message Visit dalgyal's homepage! Find more posts by dalgyal Add dalgyal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

some people are just extremely aware of what they put into their mouth----or in this case, what they don't put in their mouth... perhaps it's society again that makes them believe that being skinny is the ultimate way to live... motion pictures display skinny women as the attractive women, so those who are anorexic must get their ideas from all these "ideal" women... it's sad

Old Post 10-27-2002 09:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

its wrong.
its disgusting.
society is messed up.

Props To Huby

Old Post 10-28-2002 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

... is she saying that anorexia is a "lifestyle" and also a disease??? i dunno but... that kinda seems contradictory to me... when ever i see an anorexic person its not something i find attractive at all... how do these people get through life when they crave attention by being skinny but do the opposite or rather a negative reaction when they become walking skeletons??? its weird... how can not eating become addictive...

Old Post 10-28-2002 01:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EviL RicE 666
hee hee! :D

tryin to be anorexia by losin so much weight just to look good is stupid im happy the way i am - lil ol chubby me well...kinda unhealthy..but im happy. all those evil ppl makin fun of chubby ppl aint rite damn influencers

Old Post 10-29-2002 02:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for EviL RicE 666 Click here to Send EviL RicE 666 a Private Message Find more posts by EviL RicE 666 Add EviL RicE 666 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
its wrong.
its disgusting.
society is messed up.

amen
the thing is it is an illness mostly mentally
no its not like complete insanity but its somewhere in the ballpark
before i start i believe the quote from the first post is from a person that is or was anorexic. yea it is disgustin and such and guess wat these people loss control of themselves. some go 2 the point of suicide.
many of these people hav over controllin parents, r popular, and r pretty. my friend was in a senate meetin conserin this and he told me from the teacher that was leecherin that these kids wants 2 hav control over their lives cause they r controlled by parents and society. but as an affect they loss control and kill themselves. (so dont yell at me on that im just relayin info)
being pro-anorexia is being pro for a different form of suicide. makin it a lifestyle? how in God names is a lifestyle?!!? its a death wish. plz someone try and explain wat this person is tryin 2 say cause its just messed up 2 me.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 10-29-2002 03:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote