Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > kpop back then vs. kpop today
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KoReAzNPiMp
Lurker

kpop back then vs. kpop today

What does everythink think? I think that korean music is gradually becoming worse. The other day I whipped out some old korean cds, and noticed that it is alot better. There are a few that have still been getting better, such as drunken tiger, but older music seems to be more original and creative.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-04-2002 04:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KoReAzNPiMp Click here to Send KoReAzNPiMp a Private Message Find more posts by KoReAzNPiMp Add KoReAzNPiMp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

i like some songs right now
like.. theres really good ones right now

but i agree
i like oldschool kpop better

Old Post 11-04-2002 04:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hyesungu
Mike p(X.X)q

hell yeah, older korean music was much better than it is now. Theyre trying to be so americanized. Why? Its freakin korea!

Old Post 11-04-2002 06:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyesungu Click here to Send Hyesungu a Private Message Find more posts by Hyesungu Add Hyesungu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IronPanda322

FO SHEEZZZYYYYY~!

That's what i've been saying all along.

Dude it's all about the old school taiji and DJ DOC. Those guys were off the hook. None of this LOOK AT ME I'm ALL HARDCORE GANSTA IN KOREA (OH CRAP CAMERA'S ON) hello and how are we today?

Korean music was all about havin fun, and just kickin back and chillaxin and just being happy. But now, it's all about you ain't got jack and if you don't watch out i'm gonna pop ya, don't know how cause i can't get a gun in korea, but i'll find a way, BOOYA~!

Still Today's Korean music has some cool songs too.

Old Post 11-04-2002 07:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IronPanda322 Click here to Send IronPanda322 a Private Message Find more posts by IronPanda322 Add IronPanda322 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

quote:
Originally posted by IronPanda322
FO SHEEZZZYYYYY~!

That's what i've been saying all along.

Dude it's all about the old school taiji and DJ DOC. Those guys were off the hook. None of this LOOK AT ME I'm ALL HARDCORE GANSTA IN KOREA (OH CRAP CAMERA'S ON) hello and how are we today?

Korean music was all about havin fun, and just kickin back and chillaxin and just being happy. But now, it's all about you ain't got jack and if you don't watch out i'm gonna pop ya, don't know how cause i can't get a gun in korea, but i'll find a way, BOOYA~!

Still Today's Korean music has some cool songs too.

haha....

yeah, lissenin to sum old music, n seeing how diff it sounds....

Old Post 11-05-2002 10:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NaRa JjAnG
i wanna be tetris champ

awww man i love old school korean music....dj doc, roo ra, solid, sech kies, hot for the first 2 album, seo taiji and boys....ahhh yea those were the days

www.xanga.com/choi127

Old Post 11-06-2002 12:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NaRa JjAnG Click here to Send NaRa JjAnG a Private Message Find more posts by NaRa JjAnG Add NaRa JjAnG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

yea i liked d ol skoo music d most mainly because back then i guess people were trying out new stuff n now it's all d same nothing new and sum artist like american music they get lazy n juss rush on songs n dutn come out as good as before.. well that's my opinion i think i 'm wrong though -_-

Old Post 11-06-2002 02:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

it wasn't as bad as it is today..mostly about image these days, if you got the looks..they'll find someway to make you sing better or whatever

back then..shitttt...turbo, deux, roo'ra, dj doc, seotaiji wah ah ee deul, seo ji won, shin seung hoon, solid, kim min jong, h.o.t 2, sechkies 1 & 2,

there are some good ones that been coming up and have been up..such as drunken tiger, tasha, jo sung mo, park hyun jung (lena park) lee soo young, koyotae, sharp, y.g, etc..i can go on forever, but they don't got the respect like korean artists had back then..

i think overall..the industry is O K..but too teeny bopperish..got the same damn tunes and loops, and most of them are pretty much posers

what i especially don't like is..really good singers and artists dont get the respect they deserve, cause they dont look good as other artists for example: bobo, ryu

i especially liked dj doc..cause they didn't give a fuck...always gettin in to squabs and shit..didn't care about media..that's what i liked about them..they aint fake

Old Post 11-06-2002 02:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

someone please get rid of SHinhwa

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 11-06-2002 05:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hip hOp Yu Ja

i dont eben listen to the new songs in korea anymore.. i just listen to the old albums and singers... cuz deze days dey prettie much blOw... and yia... tOo many singers deze days... kaynt keep dem apart! i GIVE UP kpop....

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Old Post 11-06-2002 06:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hip hOp Yu Ja Click here to Send hip hOp Yu Ja a Private Message Find more posts by hip hOp Yu Ja Add hip hOp Yu Ja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

they still make kpop today? i thought it woulda died by now. i wanna hear something new like korean punk. that would be dope. not no stinking crying walnut or whatever they're called. they suck.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 11-06-2002 05:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
not no stinking crying walnut or whatever they're called. they suck.

bwahaa, yeah cryin nut wasnt that good. but novasonic and jaurim is pretty good korean rock.

thanx huby40

Old Post 11-06-2002 07:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

yoo kno wuht we need..

bring bak solid, deux, djdoc's bak in tha day shit, Uptown, sechskies, and turbo!!

Old Post 11-06-2002 08:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hip hOp Yu Ja

quote:
Originally posted by Street RSX
yoo kno wuht we need..

bring bak solid, deux, djdoc's bak in tha day shit, Uptown, sechskies, and turbo!!

o fuh shOoOoOo!

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Old Post 11-07-2002 07:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hip hOp Yu Ja Click here to Send hip hOp Yu Ja a Private Message Find more posts by hip hOp Yu Ja Add hip hOp Yu Ja to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KoReAzNPiMp
Lurker

quote:
Originally posted by Nojeel
there are some good ones that been coming up and have been up..such as drunken tiger, tasha, jo sung mo, park hyun jung (lena park) lee soo young, koyotae, sharp, y.g, etc..i can go on forever, but they don't got the respect like korean artists had back then..

yeah thats true, even today we're highly anticipating new releases from them, esp drunken tiger, tasha, yg, cb mass (although their first was better than second), etc.

Old Post 11-08-2002 12:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KoReAzNPiMp Click here to Send KoReAzNPiMp a Private Message Find more posts by KoReAzNPiMp Add KoReAzNPiMp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

amen to that...

i think a couple of singers now have that... kind of... uhm... old school quality...
i'm thinking mainly of brown eyes... for some reason they remind of deux.........

i agree that a lot of the older korean groups and songs are better.... it's too much about looks now.... a lot of voices are digitized and what not... ugh...

Old Post 11-12-2002 07:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxaznflavahxx

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter

AMEN. some gassos getting better........ depends on what genre...clickb = hella better buy CD title tracks LISTEN TO THE WHOLE cd folks. but yea in hiphop means...

DOC DT Setoji and boys all the way~

[img]
http://www.boomspeed.com/xxaznflavahx/newfacejpg.JPG[/img]

Old Post 12-23-2002 02:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxaznflavahxx Click here to Send xxaznflavahxx a Private Message Find more posts by xxaznflavahxx Add xxaznflavahxx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captain Korea
L.A.'s Worst

I bought an old Taiji album the other day, i feel special

Old Post 12-23-2002 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Captain Korea Click here to Send Captain Korea a Private Message Find more posts by Captain Korea Add Captain Korea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roentgen
take nothing for granted

old school is better.
The newer music now a days is only innovative as long as it takes to make it to the number one spot. Shinhwa is the most noticeable example of this. Well...almost any SM artist is. But, it's easier to talk about Shinhwa. I really miss their older style of music. In their first two albums, they had a different, stronger sound. Songs like "Chunilyuhon" "Haegyulsah" and "T.O.P" were just things that stood out. It was a very *strong* kind of music. It's hard to describe it as anything else. Anyway, after they secured themselves among the great guys, their music deteriorated into a more uniform sound and style. The reason behind this decline, I think, is the feeling of invulnerability. Fans will always find a reason to like them and their music even if it is really rotten. There is no longer a drive for excellence. Every song is a hit as long as fangirls can delude themselves into thinking that it's the greatest thing on earth. And the kpop groups know this. So, the big groups stop trying and start sounding more and more like backstreet, and the little groups see that backstreet works and decide to try that. It's pretty sad...there's no jumpy music like UP anymore. No competitiveness between groups comparable to the old giants Jekki and H.O.T.
and...I'll stop now while I'm ahead

Old Post 12-29-2002 06:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for roentgen Click here to Send roentgen a Private Message Visit roentgen's homepage! Find more posts by roentgen Add roentgen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote