Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > how far will you go?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

how far will you go?

how far will you go, to complete God's glory, the path that he has set for you. will you sacrifice everything? the precious things you have in life? will you do what he asks you you to, lay it off a bit, for example... be a missionary, a pastor, a doctor. i mean, what if it interferes with your plans as of right now for your future?
what will you do?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-04-2004 04:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

i think i'm going to do some missionary work when i'm older

Old Post 01-04-2004 06:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LooKatClara

i have been discerning joining the convent. that's only a maybe, though.

first though, missionary work, become a pastor, whatever, isn't as complete a sacrifice. as a nun i would devote my whole life, my whole being, to serving God. but also there are other ways to serve God, little and big. you could donate money to a charity because Christian or not, we are all God's children, and what you do to the least of your brothers, you do for Him, right? to serve others. to live an exemplary Christian life. the greatest struggle would be to try and eliminate sin and secular things from your life as possible, to live as purely as you could. never mind the other things. can you truly devote your life to Christ by loving everyone, Christian or not? can you stay strong when you're tempted to put Christ aside and do what you want? for happiness is fleeting, but pure joy is found in a life with Christ.

Old Post 01-22-2004 02:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LooKatClara Click here to Send LooKatClara a Private Message Visit LooKatClara's homepage! Find more posts by LooKatClara Add LooKatClara to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote