Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Food > diet
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

Unhappy diet

i'm on a new diet. no meat, no starches, no potatoes, no bread, no grains, no rice, no noodles, etc. just fruits, veggies, n lentils. i'm exercising too, of course. neway, mai mom sed eating that way is unhealthy. is that true?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-25-2002 07:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aZnSwtHart

that's not good!!! yooh need some carbs!! and plus..yooh dun need to go on a diet anyways........

Old Post 07-25-2002 05:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aZnSwtHart Click here to Send aZnSwtHart a Private Message Find more posts by aZnSwtHart Add aZnSwtHart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

i'm a diet too >_<
different people tell me different stuff about dieting....

one person said: the more u eat, the faster ur metabolism which is good for dieting. but i dunno if dis is true...

in the july 2002 issue of Reader's Digest, there's an article on dieting. and it says that dairy products help get rid of fats. "[Michael Zemel, chairman of the nutrition department at the University of Tennessee] found that milk turns down the tendency of your fat cells to store the day's calories, and increases the amount frittered away as heat. A hard cheese like cheddar will do the same thing, as will yogurt, even the full-fat variety. Contrary to dieter's dogma, dairy can supercharge almost any diet." Another researcher by the name of Heaney found that, "a higher calcium intake went along with a lower weight, on average, whether a woman was fresh out of her teens, in the midst of menopause, or elderly."
"Nutritionists Anita Milstead and Anne-Marie Nocton offered tips for getting 3 to 4 servings each day. In each case, they recommend low or nonfat choices.
Breakfast: Pour one cup milk over your cereal (1 dairy serving), or cook up some oatmeal, using milk instead of water (1 serving. For a change, make a fruit smoothie with 8 ounces of yogurt (1 serving), or blend orange juice with 1/3 cup powdered milk (1 serving).
Mid-Morning Snack: Grab a stick of lowfat mozzarella string cheese (1/2 serving) with crackers or fruit. Lowfat yogurt (1 serving) is also a good choice. or make a cup of hot chocolate using milk (1 serving).
Lunch: try a salad topped with chicken and sprinkled with shredded provolone or Monterey jack (1/2 serving). Melt Swiss or mozzarella over French bread (1/2 serving).
Dinner: make a tostada on a corn tortilla with beans, rice, and tomato. Cover with a generous amount of melted cheddar (1 serving). Or try a slice of spinach quiche made with lowfat milk (1/2 serving). Melt Romano cheese over a baked potato (1/2 serving).
Dessert: Blueberries or strawberries with lowfat frozen yogurt (1 serving) is good."

hope this helps!

Old Post 07-25-2002 06:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

best diet... follow the food pyramid and excersize... buh try to cut back on the carbs a lil' bit... and find a friend to do this diet with you... you'll have a better chance of succeeding and you'll be motivated to do it...

dannyluv1tym... did you say no rice??? :omg:

Old Post 07-25-2002 06:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

water and vitamins~ yummmm

Old Post 07-25-2002 07:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

since i'm at work and REALLY bored... i did some research on dieting ideas. here are some from substance.com:

5 Ways to Start Losing Weight Today
Triumph Over Snack Atacks
4 Ways to Lose Weight this Summer
10 Diet Do's and Don'ts that will help you Lose Weight Eat Right for your Body Type Slim your body in 2 Weeks
Want to Lose Weight? Eat Something!

Old Post 07-25-2002 07:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

lol okay there's something like this in the sports forum and wrote out a little ditty lesson from my aerobics teacher.. and i don't feel like retyping so imma just gonna copy and paste...
haha.... well follow the food pyramid and you should loose a lot of weight (so serious tho)..

cuz like. if you eat the amount of food it tells you too you end up keeping your metabolism going for the whole day
i think instead of eating 3 big meals.... eat 3 smaller meals with snacks in the middle..... so.... eat lik 5-6 meals a day? righty-o (keeps the metabolism going)
you seen that commercial where it tells you to eat more and you'll loose weight? it's kind of true~... if you eat the right foods... don't think of going on a diet to MAINLY lose weight.... it's so you can eat heathier
i suggest seeing a dietian..... they do help~ and yea like a told you.... if you start to eat healthy and you don't loose weight don't think you failed... you're helping yourself in the long run.... and if you do happen to loose a little weight... it means you're getting healthier.... cuz yea some amount of fat is good... but too much is bad.. and eating healthier will help you do that
but you have to remember... that excercsing is a big part of all this too.... so yea.... if you can't visit a deitan... asking your Physical Education (PE) teacher is the next best thing~ or even a nurse.... if you're still in high school.....
PS. drinking 8 glasses of water a day helps too... but you could gain water weight.... so.... yea but it's good for you too

and then i posted sumthin else... lol i'll just add it here:

okay hello.... you have to excercise... make sure your calorie intake is atleast equal to how much you burn off each day... if you want to get more technical with it
basically.... eat healthy (which is according to the food pyramid) and EXCERCISE.... and you'll get healtheir.... which means loosing that fat that you have TOO much of.... some is okay...
like i said... excercise is a BIG part of staying healthy! and to be ABLE to exercise and not COLLAPSE... you have to eat healthy too!

haha sounds like a lot of preaching to me now..... but yea... aerobics.... whoot whoot.. we got lectures and like videos and essays and tests and stuff.... argdfsdf.... that was supposed to be my easy class.....

OHHHHHHH and the not eating food type of diet is the WORST thing you could ever do to your body!!! no matter how good you look as soon as you eat something you bloat up... it's better to work at it.... pain is beauty.. and beauty is a pain.... nothing comes easy... unless you have genetics going on for you... grrrr

Last edited by MellowYellow on 07-25-2002 at 07:46 PM

Old Post 07-25-2002 07:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

i eat and eat,. yet i gain no weight..

Old Post 07-25-2002 07:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM

hmmmm...interesting....and yes racer no rice :sad: but i've been doing this for almost a week and i'm kinda used to being an herbivore now. it's kind of cool

just kidding!! argh i miss meat and RICE...*sobs* ah well. thnx for all the tips. dun worri aznswthart, i'm gonna be smart about this...u noe me...i can't NOT eat

Old Post 07-25-2002 10:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

don't eat like that..eating just fruits and vegetables isn't really unhealthy..but you need alot more other protein and vitamins than just from those two....you can eat it alot if you want..but don't starve yourself..and never skip meals..

Old Post 07-26-2002 02:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM

yea i noe...gosh nojeel u sound so serious and concerned hehe. well after 1 week i lost about 2 lbs and it's not working anymore so i stopped. -_-;; bleh. i ate bread and meat and noodles and i wuz in heaven so now imma eat pho.
i guess...it's better just to be careful about wut i eat then...no shortcuts :sad: how do those stars do it? cuz i dun hav money for a personal trainer

Old Post 07-29-2002 04:56 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by tea
i eat and eat,. yet i gain no weight..

hahah yea same here...i think my metabolism is high

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-29-2002 06:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

the best diet is to eat. eat a healthy breakfast in the morning. then eat lunch around 12. eat dinner at 5. NO SNACKS IN BETWEEN! then drink plenty of water after dinner. keep doing that and after a while, you'll see the results

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 07-29-2002 06:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

fish is better than all those other meats like pork and stuff. also you cant just sit there all day posting on jusunlee. you should go out and exercise or you can just stay at home and do some situps or something. exercise is important when youre dieting

Old Post 07-29-2002 06:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KpSwEeTiE143

i think if u just eat right n exercise then u shouldnt have nething to worry about and u shouldnt not eat and starve urself cuz if u work out u need energy

Old Post 08-02-2002 11:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KpSwEeTiE143 Click here to Send KpSwEeTiE143 a Private Message Visit KpSwEeTiE143's homepage! Find more posts by KpSwEeTiE143 Add KpSwEeTiE143 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

what ur supposed to is have a big breakfast with all the stuff u need (protein, carbs, vitamins, etc.) then have a smaller lunch and a really small dinner. You use up the stuff from the breakfast as the day goes on, u dont need as much in the midday, and u dont need to eat a lot for dinner becuz ur just gonna sleep after.

Old Post 08-03-2002 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxtina
Proud 2 B KOREAN~*tina*

err... such a stupid idea for u to NOT eat food u wanna eat..

i kno one way that works nd u'll be happi

just.. DON'T EAT AFTER 6!!!!

if u wanna make it 5, that's up to u.

but since i come bak home at 3 from school.

i need at least 3 hours for food --;;

just eat whatever nd as much as u want before 6.

and don't eat anything, not even water after 6.

((water can make u get fat too))

and before u sleep, excersise..

not run or ne thing. but stretch..

like............. if u wanna lose ur arm fat,

just keep pinching ur arm with ur hands. it realli helps..

when u stretch, it'll hurt --; but u'll get used to it!!

trust me!! it WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e.mail: krnxtina@hanmail.net

Old Post 08-03-2002 01:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxtina Click here to Send krnxtina a Private Message Visit krnxtina's homepage! Find more posts by krnxtina Add krnxtina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxtina
Proud 2 B KOREAN~*tina*

one more thing --;;

if u wanna eat dinner realli bad

drink one cup of water before u eat.

so u'll be full with water

nd it'll make u not want to eat a lot becuz u're already full.

nd this, i habn't tried.. but mai friend told me..
when u wake up, don't wash, don't do anything
but drink a cup of water without breathing.
and then.. after like.. maybe 2 or 3 hours later.
it'll make u wanna goto the bathroom --;;
nd u do ur business... nd u do this routine for 1 week.
nd it'll make u slim~
try this if u want, nd tell me if it works --;;
i tried doing it, but it only lasted 2 days. i forgot about it. hehe

e.mail: krnxtina@hanmail.net

Old Post 08-03-2002 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxtina Click here to Send krnxtina a Private Message Visit krnxtina's homepage! Find more posts by krnxtina Add krnxtina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

quote:
Originally posted by krnxtina
err... such a stupid idea for u to NOT eat food u wanna eat..

i kno one way that works nd u'll be happi

just.. DON'T EAT AFTER 6!!!!

if u wanna make it 5, that's up to u.

but since i come bak home at 3 from school.

i need at least 3 hours for food --;;

just eat whatever nd as much as u want before 6.

and don't eat anything, not even water after 6.

((water can make u get fat too))

and before u sleep, excersise..

not run or ne thing. but stretch..

like............. if u wanna lose ur arm fat,

just keep pinching ur arm with ur hands. it realli helps..

when u stretch, it'll hurt --; but u'll get used to it!!

trust me!! it WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ommmmmmggg...... that is the most unhealthiest way i ever heard of losing weight, your skipping meals..that's very bad..you supposely to eat half of what you eat and east consistenly..if you eat all at once..you gain more weight..its the fact..hahahah..its ok though..i mean if it works for you..i guess you can keep on doing that..but that is not a good way to lose weight..

Old Post 08-03-2002 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote