Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Experience > Nail Salon~
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nas

Nail Salon~

This memory just randomly popped into my head:
One time I accompanied my mother to the nail salon place.. I was just sitting there and this Chinese lady starts conversation with me. Her english is broken and limited and the first thing she asks is what nationality I am. I tell her I'm Filipino and she asks if I lived here all my life. I told her that I moved here from the Philippines back when I was young. She then started telling me her story; She'd only moved here a few years ago. It's been tough in the US, she misses all her relatives back in China, but she stays to strive for a better life. She'd like to work in Chinatown, but she's stuck in Rockland County, NY, with neighbors, that 'can't understand my English.' The only place she can speak Chinese is that salon... Hopefully in the future she'll have a better life... she had to get up and leave for a customer.
The other lady I talked to had a similar story. Her reasons for staying in the US is so that her son could move here also and have a better education. She asked me about the schools around here. She feared that her son would not learn because he did not know English. I told her that schools usually have side classes to help those who are not fluent in English. She seemed comforted and thanked me... she got up for a customer also.

It was a pretty interesting day, listening to the life story of two complete strangers, it made me realize.. to be thankful of what I have...that my family right now is not struggling and I am always surrounded by friends and family.

I know you better than you think I do-don't
worry dear, this is why I fell in love with you.
The man in the looking glass, is looking back
at you at last. You can't hide from the truth
because the truth is all there is.
And the truth hurts because the truth is all there is.
I realized some time ago, that I would have to let you go...
- Handsome Boy Modeling School
*d-30

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-11-2002 03:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nas Click here to Send nas a Private Message Visit nas's homepage! Find more posts by nas Add nas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

hmm.. we also hav to realize that too.. wow. wuht yoo hav heard is prettie craziee.. sumtymz we gotta get one of those lif stories from peepo thats experiencing rih now, and listen out on them. help us realize wuht hardships they go thru. and make us see that wuht we hav is good. how, no matter how much we think our life sukzz, that therez peepo out there living a worse life. and that we take thingz for granted. we should think more of othas than ourselves. nice storiee samira. thankz fer sharing. we need one of these once in a while.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-11-2002 05:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote