Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > School Life > Have you heard?
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
aaqthree
3 Newtons

Ignorance is just as bad as racism, I don't really care if there's no malevolent intent.

quote:
The only thing that I assumed was that you were Iraqi, that that only Iraqis care about Iraqis.

I'm gonna assume that you meant "not that only Iraqis care about Iraqis".

In any case, you did not respond to the actual content of my post. Any time you say "ooh you must be Iraqi" in response to someone taking offense to making fun of Iraqis, then you are implying that you'd have to be Iraqi to take offense to that. That's not being logical, that's being racist.

quote:
As I've stated before, continually saying that I was being racist is actually extremely offensive.

Then stop being racist. And stop defending your racist comments.

Regardless of whether your comments were intended as racist, once you put them out there, they are their own being, and can be viewed independently of intent. Especially on a message board where it is harder to get tone across (though not impossible, as good writing can always convey a specific tone; yours, however, can hardly be considered 'good').

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-27-2005 04:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
ignorant and thereby racist

Ignorant only to that little......'case,' I would say.

Old Post 04-28-2005 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garciaas Click here to Send garciaas a Private Message Visit garciaas's homepage! Find more posts by garciaas Add garciaas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by aaqthree
[B]Ignorance is just as bad as racism, I don't really care if there's no malevolent intent.

If you strongly agree that ignorance = racism then you're being extremely NAIVE!!!!!!!! Ignorance is way less worse than racism.

Old Post 04-28-2005 09:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garciaas Click here to Send garciaas a Private Message Visit garciaas's homepage! Find more posts by garciaas Add garciaas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

[B]

No, you mean, 'racist jokes.' that's if really want to be concise. You should stop 'labeling' people unless you know enough about them to label them so.

Old Post 04-28-2005 09:19 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by garciaas
[B]

No, you mean, 'racist jokes.' that's if really want to be concise. You should stop 'labeling' people unless you know enough about them to label them so.

at the very least, your actions can be labeled as racist, and you should know that all ready.

And about the other comment, you misterpret it obviously. ignorance != racism, that's like saying i did not know that mcdonald's offered bratwurst over summer, therefore i am racist. Ignorance is a word used in other situations you know. And, from waht i said, "ignorant and thereby racist", that means that you were ignorant and via that route you were being racist. But, just because you are ignorant does not mean you are not racist, whether or not you meant it, whether or not you knew it, the only one i see disagreeing with this sentiment is you.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 04-29-2005 at 07:27 AM

Old Post 04-29-2005 07:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
[B]what the hell, you are likening yourself to a sophomoric cartoon character. Is there something wrong with what he was thinking?

Is there something wrong with how I was thinking? :

There is nothing "wrong" with how you were thinking as far as i am concerned, i do; however, think your thinking was very doltish, and somewhat stolid (that means you were not aware of what you were saying, and showed little concern for how others would take it).

In the end though, if you have to relate yourself to a brainless cartoon bunny, that's pretty pathetic. And yes, so says me, what stupid response do you have in for me now? My body trembles with the anxiety of what incendiary remark you may whip at me. Oh my, i will have a heart attack anyday now from all of these abrasive words you are throwing at me.

Whether or not something is wrong is, again, quite irrelevent. I can see why you would care though, being so concerned with normalcy and all, mental conditions, etc. No no, no one is calling you crazy don't worry! everyone is just calling you a dumb bitch.'

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 04-29-2005 at 07:40 AM

Old Post 04-29-2005 07:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

"you can go off and commit different versions of your old sins and cry tears that are as real as any, what else exhausts like sustained deception?"

What i mean is, just because you are not thinkig you were being racist because it was a joke, does not mean that you were not. You can keep crying to us and telling us that we are being offensive by saying you were being racist, but in the end, it is you who said what you said. Own up to what you do.

Since when has intent ever mattered anywhere?

-Cromwell

Old Post 04-29-2005 07:35 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
[B]
If someone was talking about a drug dealer, and i said oh he must be black, i am being both sexist and racist.

Not if you were only joking! (As I was doing! )

no no no, you are being deluded. Even if i was joking, i am being racist, because it is a racist joke. It's not a regular joke, not a general joke, it's a joke that has racist premise, therefore i am being racist.

If someone were to say i was being racist, i would, of course, have to agree with them. I mean, i was. Just because i meant it to be funny, doesn't mean the only conviction you can toss at me is whether or not it is comical or not. Someone could easily get offended, and i would have undoubtedly been racist in the process.

See, that's how you take responsibility for your own actions, now you go.

-Cromwell

Old Post 04-29-2005 07:37 AM
aaqthree
3 Newtons

quote:
If you strongly agree that ignorance = racism then you're being extremely NAIVE!!!!!!!! Ignorance is way less worse than racism.

The only difference between ignorance and racism is that an ignorant person is stupid, and should be shot, whereas a racist person is an ass, and should be shot.

quote:

I really don't care whether they were 'racist comments' or 'racist jokes'. It's racist, bottom line.

And again, stop defending your racist comments/jokes/words/WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT TO CALL THEM. Once you do that, I'll stop calling you racist.

As for the last "labeling" comment: there is nothing that I need to know about you in order to judge your statement. Your words are their own creature and I can judge them by themselves. In fact, everything you write that you show to others (whether it be on the Internet or otherwise) will be judged in and of themselves. That is to say that readers of your words will judge your words without necesssarily regarding who wrote them. As well they should, since it eliminates bias to look at them like that. And yes, I can take your posts and your writing and analyze them and then see how that reflects on the person who wrote them. There is nothing wrong with looking at a racist comment and saying "That person is racist." Because anyone who makes a racist comment is at least a little bit racist.

Old Post 04-29-2005 07:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

quote:
See, that's how you take responsibility for your own actions, now you go.

What? No way! It was her dad, not her!

Old Post 04-29-2005 07:45 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by aaqthree
What? No way! It was her dad, not her!

"Your dad is pathetic"

"No, he's just telling the truth (well, at least in his perspective! "

I am so envious of this lineage. I wish i could come from such prodigal members of society.

-Cromwell

Old Post 04-29-2005 08:38 AM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
"Your dad is pathetic"

"No, he's just telling the truth (well, at least in his perspective! "

I am so envious of this lineage. I wish i could come from such prodigal members of society.

Funny!

Old Post 05-05-2005 12:26 AM
shara

why everyone's from chile?

just curious...
heehee

Old Post 07-08-2005 05:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shara Click here to Send shara a Private Message Find more posts by shara Add shara to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

Re: why everyone's from chile?

quote:
Originally posted by shara
just curious...
heehee

Not everyone's from Chile! Where did you get THAT information from?

Old Post 07-08-2005 08:49 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Re: Re: why everyone's from chile?

quote:
Not everyone's from Chile! Where did you get THAT information from?

Being in your position, i would not even question why she/he thought that. You probably would have made the same conclusion.

-Cromwell

Old Post 07-08-2005 09:32 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

Re: Re: Re: why everyone's from chile?

quote:
Being in your position, i would not even question why she/he thought that. You probably would have made the same conclusion.

Psychosnowman, I knew where she got the "chile" idea from! I have my own reasons why I asked my question, which I do not wish to explain to you.

Old Post 07-08-2005 09:40 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Re: Re: Re: Re: why everyone's from chile?

quote:
Psychosnowman, I knew where she got the "chile" idea from! I have my own reasons why I asked my question, which I do not wish to explain to you.

the point was that you have asked/said stupid things in the past, much like this one, so "being in your position" meant that its humorous that you are asking a question of such.

-Cromwell

Old Post 07-09-2005 06:33 AM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why everyone's from chile?

quote:
the point was that you have asked/said stupid things in the past, much like this one, so "being in your position" meant that its humorous that you are asking a question of such.

Old Post 07-12-2005 08:33 PM