Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Bush Economic Plan
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kryogenix
Ghost

Bush Economic Plan

there hasn't been a good debate here in a while so i guess i'll post something.

anyway, the dow is back at 10,000 and i've been hearing a lot of crap about bush's economic plan. i know he gives "pork" to some states but, i think his economic plan is pretty sound.

oh i can't wait for someone to reply

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-12-2003 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

politics suck

Old Post 12-12-2003 11:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

i bet the economy will surge tommorow

Old Post 12-14-2003 07:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yooniece
Something Corporate

Trickle-down economics. Consumer trust just needs to be put back into the economy... spending will increase, jobs will be created, same old, same old. The plan DOES look good so whatever pork-barrel legislation he's sneaking in would be fine by me.

Old Post 01-04-2004 12:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Yooniece Click here to Send Yooniece a Private Message Visit Yooniece's homepage! Find more posts by Yooniece Add Yooniece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by Yooniece
Trickle-down economics. Consumer trust just needs to be put back into the economy... spending will increase, jobs will be created, same old, same old. The plan DOES look good so whatever pork-barrel legislation he's sneaking in would be fine by me.

Yeah because Trickle-down economics has worked so well in the past.

Edit: Oh man my friend had to write a children's picture book as a report and it was so hilarious.

Last edited by Alchemist on 01-04-2004 at 02:47 AM

Old Post 01-04-2004 02:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yooniece
Something Corporate

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Yeah because Trickle-down economics has worked so well in the past.

Edit: Oh man my friend had to write a children's picture book as a report and it was so hilarious.

Exactly how does cutting government taxation/program funding and putting more money into the hands of confident spenders NOT work? Aside from extreme circumstances such as war.

In my opinion, the American public is too freaking dependent on the government. Poor people demand welfare programs, social services, etc, which is all fine and well but what ever happened to self-sufficiency? Why does it have to be the government's responsibility to make sure Aunt Norma gets money for her years of NOT planning for retirement?

My opinions may be derived from a class-related perspective but geez, I hate rewarding those who don't pull their weight.

Oh I can't wait for the people who will pull their best morality cards on me... "Are you saying we shouldn't give poor, one-legged homeless people soup?"

Old Post 01-04-2004 03:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Yooniece Click here to Send Yooniece a Private Message Visit Yooniece's homepage! Find more posts by Yooniece Add Yooniece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

mm cream of broccoli

Old Post 01-04-2004 08:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by acidbreeze
mm cream of broccoli

did you eat your chunky soup?

Old Post 01-04-2004 08:23 PM
aaqthree
3 Newtons

quote:
Exactly how does cutting government taxation/program funding and putting more money into the hands of confident spenders NOT work? Aside from extreme circumstances such as war.

Because you're giving money to suppliers to increase production...HOPING that people will buy more as a result. The general public will not always consume more because of a greater supply.

quote:
In my opinion, the American public is too freaking dependent on the government. Poor people demand welfare programs, social services, etc, which is all fine and well but what ever happened to self-sufficiency? Why does it have to be the government's responsibility to make sure Aunt Norma gets money for her years of NOT planning for retirement?

Cuz then Aunt Norma becomes homeless. And then Aunt Norma stops buying stuff, and starts mooching off others. And then Aunt Norma starts stealing. And then Aunt Norma steals a gun to shoot the cops who are running after her for stealing.

And then little Cousin Doreen cannot eat because their mother is a cop-killer.

quote:
My opinions may be derived from a class-related perspective but geez, I hate rewarding those who don't pull their weight.

What about those who can't pull their own weight?

quote:

Oh I can't wait for the people who will pull their best morality cards on me... "Are you saying we shouldn't give poor, one-legged homeless people soup?"

Old Post 01-07-2004 03:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C4 Black Powder
Ticking Time Bomb

quote:
Originally posted by aaqthree
Because you're giving money to suppliers to increase production...HOPING that people will buy more as a result. The general public will not always consume more because of a greater supply.

Cuz then Aunt Norma becomes homeless. And then Aunt Norma stops buying stuff, and starts mooching off others. And then Aunt Norma starts stealing. And then Aunt Norma steals a gun to shoot the cops who are running after her for stealing.

And then little Cousin Doreen cannot eat because their mother is a cop-killer.

What about those who can't pull their own weight?

Pwned

Tank: 220/220

Old Post 01-07-2004 07:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for C4 Black Powder Click here to Send C4 Black Powder a Private Message Visit C4 Black Powder's homepage! Find more posts by C4 Black Powder Add C4 Black Powder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:

i got a full house!!!

Old Post 01-07-2004 09:02 PM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:

Ok it didn't work in the past.

"Trickle down economics failed because the exorbitant tax cuts for the wealthy, that were meant to stimulate the economy, actually resulted in huge government deficits. When the economic boon Reagan predicted did not materialize, interest rates soared as the deficit grew to unmanageable levels. It took more than a decade to set the economy on the right course, which occurred when President Clinton’s first budget passed Congress in 1993, without one Republican vote. The economy remained strong as a result of fiscally responsible spending and concentrated efforts to pay down the debt. "

Also well-off people don't think it's such a great idea either.

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/spee...01bushsotu.html

Now if it didn't work in the past then of course it's possible for it to not work.

Old Post 01-08-2004 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

but if aunt norma gets food stamps and aid, will she ever get a job and get a home? or will she continue to be a leech? i think yooniece is saying too many people abuse the system but i can be wrong...

Old Post 01-08-2004 09:20 PM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

I think there are people who don't abuse it as well. Also not only will poorer people suffer from this but this could also hinder the economy as a whole as it did in the past.

Old Post 01-08-2004 11:07 PM