Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Creative Writing > The Tell Tale Heart (Modern Day)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zero-Sen

The Tell Tale Heart

creative writing eh? i love edgar allen poe. this is my hommage to him:

(not original but in today's words and my own version)

A MODERN DAY "Tell Tale Heart"

They call me crazy. How can I be crazy? I cannot be crazy because crazy people are not as smart as I am! You should have seen how brilliant I was! It started out when I heard things. Glorius things! I could hear the beating of my own heart. The screams from hell and the singing from heaven. Oh how I heard things!

The old man I lived with. I did not bear any grudge against him. How could I? I loved the old man. But it was his EYE. his EYE that was a strange bluish color and covered in a milky film. The one that stared at you. I could not take it. This is how I came to my descision to end the eye.

So every night, after I was sure that he was asleep, I slowly opened his door. I opened it EVER so slowly as not to wake up the old man. Finally after an hour in the dark The door was opened enough to fit my head through. Would a crazy person be smart enough to do that? I slowly pushed my head through. Inch by inch until after another hour my head was completely through. Could a lunatic do that?

Finally I would bring my flash light into the room and covered the front. letting only a TINY ray of light shine out. The tiniest ray. The miniscule ray would rest on his eye. It was closed. I kept it on his eye until the clock struck 4. Then I slowly crept into my room and slept.

I continued my ever BRILLIANT plot. For months! How could a crazy person do this??? I ask yoU! I am not a lunatic!

One night I once again shone the light on the EVIL eye. The old man woke with a startle. He sat up straight in his bed and shouted

"Who's there! Show yourself!"

No doubt that the old man had heard me before. He would assure himself. It is nothing but a cockroach skittering across the floor, or it is but the wind.

But this night he awoke. And waited and listened.

I was as still as stone. He finally laid back down. I could hear his heart. beating furiously.

I jumped into the room and turned the full force of the flashlight at the EYE. THE EVIL EYE. It was OPEN! It stared BACK AT ME! all my hate came rushing back!

THe old man screamed!

but this was not the scream of fright but of a man who knows his death was coming on swift wings!

I shoved him out of his bed and strangled him. Until I was sure that he was dead.

Oh how clever I was! No lunatic would have done what I did! No mad man would have been as careful as I was!

I sliced his body into 6 different parts. I dragged his body into the bath tub and sliced off his arms, his legs and his head.

The blood washed easily.

I slowly pulled up the floorboards in his room and placed the body under the boards.

I had rid myself of the eye! the EVIL eye!

The next morning I was awoken by the police. The LAPD. They knocked at my door. They were to investigate a scream reported by the neighbors.

I had nothing to fear. I showed them all of the rooms. No signs of struggle. I explained that the old man had went off to the coutry to visit his relatives.

To show how confident I was of my innocence I even sat them down at HIS room!

Hahaha, would a lunatic do this? I doubt it!

As the conversation continued, I heard a faint beating. A faint beating under the boards. The boards! Oh it was the old man's heart! It was beating! I could hear it as clear as day! I started becoming distressed. Sweat began to bead on my head.

The beating got louder and louder. It became SO loud that I had NO doubt that they could also hear it! Yet they continued their conversation laughing. I finally stood and took the chair clawing at the boards! I ran out of the room and returned with a crowbar!

" you demons! mock me no more! It was the beating of his infernal heart! THE TELL TALE HEART!"

itz alwaiz the smart ones who go crazy.

(a beautiful mind - russel crowe. Go see it.)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-14-2002 04:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zero-Sen Click here to Send Zero-Sen a Private Message Find more posts by Zero-Sen Add Zero-Sen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

Re: The Tell Tale Heart

quote:
Originally posted by Zero-Sen
creative writing eh? i love edgar allen poe. this is my hommage to him:

(not original but in today's words and my own version)

itz alwaiz the smart ones who go crazy.

(a beautiful mind - russel crowe. Go see it.)

das sOo trOo~ cuz yea..smart people can use dere intelligence for evil..

Old Post 05-14-2002 05:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

hmmmm.... that was interesting.... that's pretty cool.... do some other stories like that~

ps.. i like edgar allen poe... kind of funny what people thought was scary back then.... but then again... some of those stories still freak me out.... and with all the violence on tv you'd think... but nope...

Old Post 05-14-2002 08:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

Wow that was great! At first I was like 'ahahahah this is soooo funny' then I got to the part about him chopping him up into 6 pieces and I got freaked out -.-
Hope you post more like this soon.
See this is what sets JSL forums apart from others, such diverse content and ahhhhh it's cool ^____^

Old Post 05-16-2002 11:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote