Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Creative Writing > [Fanfic] The Story of My Life
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
oRGyMaN

[Fanfic] The Story of My Life / Part 1 of 3

The Story of My Life

Chapter 1

Sometimes I wonder if…what if I didn’t do everything the way my parents wanted it.
Would I be the same or would I be different?
Would I still be a good student or wouldn’t I?
Would I still love sports or wouldn’t I?
Would I have the same musical training or wouldn’t I?
Would I have the same friends or wouldn’t I?
But all those are questions and wonderings that I’ll never really know. But it never does stop me from wondering.

Hi, My name is MinWoo and I haven’t always asked what if questions. To tell you the truth I was fine with the way I lived. Until the day I met her.

Up until the day I met her I never knew that there was actually was such a thing were a person could live the life they wanted to have. Make their own decisions. Something I never wanted or knew about but on the day I met her I longed for it.

If you want to know why I grew up to be like this well than here is the story of my life:

I was born on July 28, 1979 to two parents who would be considered old to being giving berth to their first child. For they had tried for many years for a child but had failed. Up to the day that my mother had discovered she was pregnant with me my parents were about to sign adoption papers. So when I was born they considered me a miracle. My parents loved me. Giving me everything at the best that money could buy and teach. They wanted the best for me so they hired tutors for me when I was only two. Because they thought learning earlier would make me smarter. Which to them, my friends, and relatives proved successful. I was hired teachers left and right for everything. By the time I was ten I you could say knew everything. I could play any instrument you put in front of me, I was smarter than my cousins who were in college, I could speak 10 languages bilingually, I excelled in every sport, and I did whatever my parents wanted me too. They say walk north, I walked north. They said do this, I did what they told. As I look back at it I would consider myself a puppet to them. But I was a sickly child. I was a hemophiliac. That only made things worse. They only paid more attention to whatever I did. I couldn’t do anything. “Wooie don’t go on the slide because you might hurt yourself and start bleeding,” my mom or dad would say. Don’t touch that, don’t go on that, don’t go near that. That’s was to tell you the truth the only things they would say too me. Don’t, no, do this, learn this, and be good. Are the only things I’ve ever known. Even up to who I could talk or be friends with was controlled. I would always wonder weather or not I was their child or just a toy. Why were they so cold toward their son, their child, their blood?

Things only got worse when I entered high school. I went to the best high school there was. There I was told where to sit, what classes take, and who to hang around with. High School and my teen years where like hell to me when there supposedly suppose to be the best years of your life. Mine were the worst. Mainly because I only remember my teen years. My childhood years were and are just this big blur too me. You could say I was pressured to get good grades, not only good grades but the best grades. I joined every sport that I could join. And excelled in them. But my parents never really had to tell to do does things. But it was just there. Growing up I had learned to just do things without being told. Because I knew what was expected of me. But by time senior year rolled around. Things only got worse. But one thing did get better my parents you could say actually talked to me. Not really talk but more like tell again. My senior year my dad talked to me my first time in my whole life. But it was an order. Which I was not use to since their wishes were always told through a teacher too me. But this time it was from my father. And I still remember it clearly. That day he had come to my school in the middle of English and asked my teacher to talk to me. Which of course my teacher agreed too. Since the school couldn’t risk the chance of losing such a valuable donor. He took me outside and he told me that his law firm was one day going to become mine. So he wanted me to study law. Something he didn’t have to tell me. I already knew. After those two sentences were said he just handed me a big envelope and walked away from me. Walked away from my life. Something I was use too. My parents always walking away from me.

Inside the envelope was something that I could have easily guessed. Inside was a college acceptance paper to none other than my father’s former school Harvard University, a check for five-hundred thousand dollars, a set of keys, a address for were I was suppose to live, and a paper telling me were to pick up my car. Up to that point in my life I had never felt so alone in my life. Up to that point I actually thought my parents loved me and were only doing this stuff to me only because they loved me and only wanted the best for me. But in the that point in my life I finally realized that the fact was that I was nothing but a responsibility for them a drag and only a person too continue their blood line. To continue the Lee name. I felt like nothing. And for the first time in my life I cried. For growing up I was taught by my various martial art masters that crying was not allowed. Not even a consideration. For crying according them brought dishonor. Which I would say now is all BS. I never felt so alone in my life. My friends weren’t really my friends and my so-called my parents didn’t even….didn’t even I don’t know. But they weren’t my parents. Because parents were suppose to love their children no matter what.

Four months after my lowest point in my life. I traveled my six hour plane ride to Boston’s Logan Airport in Massachusetts. Their I picked up my Lexus the car my father had bought for me. And their following a map I drove the fifth-teen minute bumper to bumper car ride to my studio which offer looked the Boston Harbor. And on the other side their laid the Harvard University Campus. In the Southern District of Downtown Boston. There on the kitchen’s counter laid my schedule that my parents had chosen for me and all the books for my classes.

There really isn’t much too say about my first months at college. I did what I had to do. got good grades and kept to myself. I had no friends and I didn’t want any. But I guess you could say I didn’t know how to make friends. So I didn’t bother trying. I was depressed and miserable. And grew a cold heart.

Soon the New England harsh winter weather started. And I got use too it. But it was still cold compared to the hot weather that I was always use too. So everyday I would visit the local Starbucks that was only a street away from my studio. It was my normal routine. Wake-up, walk to star bucks, get coffee, read the newspaper and walk to school. But on one day I decided to go to star bucks after school for It was really cold and New England was just hit by a big snow storm. And on that day I met her. The minute I walked in I saw her and fell in love with her. But what was I suppose to do. I didn’t know how to interact with other people. And the only people I had talk to in the last months were teachers. Otherwise I hadn’t talked to a soul.

But after three months of just staring at her. I finally talked to her. I found out that her name was HyoLee and I soon found out everything about her. I found out that she was born to a single mother who struggled to raise her and had died during her junior year in high school to breast cancer. And ever since than she had taken care of herself. I found out she was taking classes at a local community college and wanted to travel the world and photograph it. I finally met a person who did what she wanted. And soon we became good friends. And soon we both fell in love. And we eventually moved in together. We were both in love and wanted to stay together forever.

And here I am now. Five years after I felt loved for the first time. Now I’m twenty-two and I’m still struggling to find my identity. But I don’t have to do it alone. And if your wondering ever since that May five years ago. I still haven’t talked to either of my parents. The only communication we have had. Is the check they send me every year.

I don’t know what my future holds for me. But I know I don’t want to do it alone.

------------------------------------------

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-28-2002 08:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for oRGyMaN Click here to Send oRGyMaN a Private Message Find more posts by oRGyMaN Add oRGyMaN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oRGyMaN

[fanfic] The Story of my Life / Part 2 of 3

Chapter 2

“Paradox”

My mind wanders the paths
of times and lands past.
I listen to the melodies
of unsung - unheard songs.
My eyes watch reflections
of shattered broken mirrors.
I look across the horizon,
searching the skies for flightless birds.

Untimely events occurring
scattered throughout life.
Strange worlds of paradise
and dreamscapes of nightmares.
The world I live in
is not what it seems to be.
It is something else entirely,
something I never did foresee...

-by Anonymous

Today I realized the fact that ever since that windy spring day in May, five years ago I haven’t spoken or even seen my father since that day. And I haven’t talked to or seen my mother even longer.

I didn’t realize that fact until I came home today and found that my parents had sent me my annual check of five-hundred thousand dollars. And as I would usually say during dinner to HyoLee whenever I got the check. “They sent me my allowance today.” But this time unlike the previous three times I had talked about my parents sending me money. HyoLee asked me a question that I am right now wondering myself.

“Oppa, why do you always refer to your parents as them, or they. But never mom or dad?,” HyoLee asked me.

I went blank when she asked me that question just like I would always do whenever she would ask me a question about my childhood, my life before I met her, and simply anything that involved my parents in anyway. To me my childhood was always just a big blur to me but when I met HyoLee my teen years or basically my whole life before I first saw HyoLee cashiering at Starbucks became a big blur to me also. I don’t know why but ever since I met HyoLee my whole life before her just disappeared from my memory. I don’t know why but I guess a simple answer would be the fact that I was never happy in my life before I met her.

After much thinking of why I never referred to my parents using any other words besides they or them. I told HyoLee why as we laid in bed watching television.

I told her I had never referred to my parents as mom or dad because I didn’t think of them as my mom or dad. I told her why I never thought as them as my parents anymore. I told that I thought parents were suppose to love their child. And basically I just simply said,

“Parents are suppose to love their children and well my parents they don’t love or even care about me. That’s why their not my mom or dad. Not even my parents.”

I didn’t know what to do after I said that. I just laid their with tears rolling down my face. And HyoLee just looked at me not knowing what to do. But she knew I was hurt and she knew that I loved her and needed her. So that night she just hugged me as I just laid their looking out the window. Looking at the bright stars sparkling. And when a bright and big flying star flew by I wished and I wished offer and offer again. I wished that my parents loved me. I actually wished for my parents to love me. I don’t know why I wished for that when the love I had, had for them washed away from my heart five years ago.

After that incident I wondered even more if I had a problem. Am I psychotic?! Do I have a problem?! I would ask myself those questions constantly. One day I even told HyoLee. She recommended that I go talk to a psychologist but I didn’t want too. She at first insisted on me seeing one. But I didn’t want too. So she supported me. And I loved her even more for that.

Time passed and it was time to graduate. I was graduating from Harvard’s prestige’s law school. And HyoLee was graduating from Boston College with a degree in business and photography. The only thing that actually came out of my annual check was that I was able to help put HyoLee through college. But at first she refused but I was able to convince her to accept.

On the day of my graduation. Something I thought or never dreamed of happening happened. As I walked to get my diploma. There sitting in the front row was none other then my parents. They were clapping and smiling. Smiling?! That’s something I had never seen before. At that moment in time that was actually the first time in my life but for an instant were I felt that my parents cared and loved me. I actually thought that my wished had come true.

When all the diploma’s were done given out and the ceremony was offer. I rushed to go hug HyoLee. But as I was hugging her my parents walked offer to me with some strangers I had never met before. And for the first time in five years and only for about the second time in my live they talked to me. My parents congratulated me and each hugged me. My dad handed me another envelope saying congratulations son. And put his hand on my shoulder.

I don’t know what led me to do what I did. But I just did. All my life they’ve never even bother to look at me for one second and now their saying congratulations. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t want their love.

So I just stared at them coldly. That I even scared my dad with. After a while of staring at the both of them. He let go of my shoulder and introduced me the strangers standing beside him. He introduced me to them as the future to his firm. Telling them how great I was. Telling them that they should stay with him since he had such a great new lawyer at his firm. Plainly you could say he was using me to keep some of his clients.

I couldn’t believe it. I couldn’t believe I actually thought they were happy for me. When the only reason they were there was to show me off. I just stared at them with even colder eyes. And grabbed HyoLee’s hand who was behind me and walked right through them pulling HyoLee with me.

It’s was true that the love, the little that I had, which was more hope, had washed away from me like a great catastrophic flood. Almost six years ago. The day they walked away from my life.

But now the love I had lost for them six years ago when they walked away from me has now turned to hatred. As they tried to re-enter my life. I hated them……

Hate………How could I actually hate my parents…….Well, It’s safe to say there no longer my parents….just strangers who I hate….and…never want to see again….in my life……or…….

Now my only questions in life is:

What am I actually looking for in my life?!

Don’t I already have what I’m looking for….What I need…..in….HyoLee….?

What more do I want?

Acceptance?!…………………….

From who?……………………………...

Once again I find myself asking myself questions.

Where will my questions lead me too again……….

Last edited by oRGyMaN on 04-28-2002 at 08:09 AM

Old Post 04-28-2002 08:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for oRGyMaN Click here to Send oRGyMaN a Private Message Find more posts by oRGyMaN Add oRGyMaN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

merging threads...

Old Post 04-28-2002 08:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oRGyMaN

Post [Fanfic] The Story of My Life / Part 3 of 3

Chapter 3

“HyoLee wake-up, come on wake-up, baby it’s time to wake-up or were going to be late,” I softly whispered to her ear as I gently pushed her arm a couple times but with no avail.

“Attention Mrs. Lee MinWoo time too wake up!,” I screamed to wake her up which was successful.

“Hugh?! What?!,” HyoLee shot up screaming in her drowsiness, still wanting to sleep some more.

“Come on baby it’s time to go get married,” I whispered as I hugged her from behind and kissed her softly on the neck.

“Hmm…,” was her only reply as she continued her slumber sitting up straight.

“Don’t you want to become Mrs. Lee MinWoo?,” I asked as I snuggled her from behind leaving light kisses on her neck.

“Umm…no,” laughed HyoLee as I let go of my embrace and she got up and started to walk to the bathroom.

I couldn’t believe that after seven long years me and HyoLee were finally getting married. We had met when we were only young adults at 18 and now taking our final step together to show our love to each other at twenty-five. I loved her with all my life and she did too. We had been through a lot together and I was happy HyoLee was the person next me going through all my pains in life with me.

I had cut all my ties with my parents and was now supporting myself working as a defense lawyer. While HyoLee worked as a photographer for LIFE magazine taking her all offer the world and from me. But I didn’t mind. We still talked to each other everyday on the phone. And the challenges of a long distance relationship only made our love for each other stronger. Which has led to today. I had asked her too marry me as I found myself saying goodbye to her again but this time it was different she was going to go offer to Israel and cover the war torn country. And with my instincts I was afraid that something might happen to her. So I asked her to marry me right at the airport as she was about to enter the terminal. I got on my knee and asked her too marry me. Not just because I was afraid to lose her but because I loved her and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. And in her shock and rush to board her plan she said, “yes.”

And here we are right now rushing to the church to get married. Our small little wedding were only our friends and colleagues have been invited too since we both had no family. We both said our ‘I do’ and starting than we were each others and no one else’s. She was mine and I was hers. We were a family. Something we both dreamed of.

We decided to not have children yet since both our futures/professions were at it’s peaks. But that wasn’t the way it was. On our eight year anniversary, under the moonlight and sparkling stars she told me she was 2 months pregnant. Hearing those words overwhelmed me. I was delighted and hugged her all night. And during that night I wished upon the stars again. Praying that me and HyoLee would be the parents I always wanted. I would be a great father. I would be the best father. I would love and respect my children and forever love my wife.

On the day of October 23rd after 10 long hours of labor with me by her side through the whole thing HyoLee gave berth to two beautiful children. Our life’s. We named the oldest Michael and named the younger one Nicole. They were beautiful and my heart had two more people to love making the count three. Nicole sharing a striking resemblance to her mother and who would grow up to be just as beautiful as her mother. And our son Michael who I hoped would grow to be his own person and be happy. But I wished that for both of our children.

I loved them. HyoLee even put a pause to her job at LIFE. That was just about to sky rocket. Just so she could watch after Nikki and Mickey. I loved her for that, I know she had given up her hopes and to go back to were she was before later on would be an upward climb but she didn’t mind.

As her career took a halt, mine sky rocketed. I was sent to Los Angles to be a defense attorney for a highly publicized case. That no matter what the outcome would turn out to be, my career would only go uphill. And I would be able to give HyoLee and my children the luxury they deserved and I wanted for them. But the case dragged on and it looked as if it would last for more than a year. So I asked Hyolee to bring the kids with her and live with me for a little while the case progressed. Which was worst mistake of my life.

~Early in the mourning at 6:30 Pacific Time and 9:30 Eastern Time, a commercial air flight crashed into New York City’s harbor. The plane were heading from Boston’s Logan Airport to Los Angles. People all over the world…~

That was what I woke-up too and what I will die hearing everyday of my life. Everything I had worked for in life and loved in life had all left me. At the funeral laid one large casket. I had chosen to place HyoLee and our children together. I didn’t want to tear them apart from each other. I was grateful the rescue workers had found their bodies.

As I run my finger across the tomb stone. HyoLee Lee, Michael Lee, and finally Nicole Lee. The three people I have and will only love in my life. I brought them flowers. A bouquet of a hundred roses for them. Hoping that they’ll rest in peace. The roses were as beautiful as their mother but I was a disaster, I hadn’t slept or eaten since they had left me. All I did was drink and smoke. I was ashamed to go see them like I was but they would understand and they would wait for me to join them in heaven…

I looked at the pistol in my hand and decided my fate… I had nothing more in life… My life was HyoLee and she had left me…

I had to go join her and my children my loves … maybe wishing upon the stars doesn’t work…

credits - aznaussie

Old Post 04-28-2002 08:05 AM
micron
all i need is a miracle

argh. dont make a new thread for every post. im merging this thread with the rest.

Old Post 04-28-2002 08:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

labelling

remember to label properly [:
for eg:
[shortfic]The Story of My Life by aznaussie[minwoo/hyolee]

Old Post 04-28-2002 09:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

see i think this is why we need some rules for this forum.... but they're gone now...

i think one we should have kept is... "post all chapters of story in one thread"..... that's the only real important one... the other ones were just.... to make finding a story you wanted to read easier ( ie.....i mostly like reading g.o.d, click-b , shinhwa, JTL fics.... so i'd just look for those to read.... or i'd only read short stories...) i just made those rules for the convienence of the readers~ so yea... okay......having no rules is going to make this forum kind cluttered~ but who am i saying this to? no one

hey mike.... GREAT story... keep writing!

Old Post 04-28-2002 07:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote