Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Experience > Asian Nite 2003 @ UConn
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

Asian Nite 2003 @ UConn

i went to UConn (University of Connecticut - home of the UConn Huskies!) last night for their annual Asian Nite, which is something like a talent show. for their final act, they had this group of 5 guys called TRD (The Real Deal). this group of guys are all korean i believe. they danced to one of Shinhwa's songs and they were sooooooo goood!!! they are better than Shinhwa, according to some people. they choreographed their own moves, didnt copy Shinhwa altho they danced to Shinhwa. and throughout the Asian Nite, there were alot of korean students singing korean love ballads. i just realized how good alottt of the korean students there are. they have REALLY GOOD voices and REALLY GOOD dance moves. some guy said musical talent is built in koreans. hahaha maybe he's just generalizing, but do u think it could be true? i mean, alot of korean ppl in my school are really good at playing piano, violin, singing, etc.

i wanna be korean now. cuz i cant sing for crapppppp

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-09-2003 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

cool interesting place. they actually had some called asian nite? there should be something at my school. haha it'll be so racist. lol crazy koreans. when they get their groove on they really kick ass.

Old Post 03-09-2003 10:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AznTiger Click here to Send AznTiger a Private Message Find more posts by AznTiger Add AznTiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

Just because the Korean's at that school are good at dancing/singing doesn't necessarily mean all Korean's are good at dancing/singing. Maybe just the Korean's there are talented.

Old Post 03-10-2003 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat
Just because the Korean's at that school are good at dancing/singing doesn't necessarily mean all Korean's are good at dancing/singing. Maybe just the Korean's there are talented.

yeah i know i'm kinda generalizing...... but i dunno... its not just at UConn i see musically talented korean ppl! at my school too and.... didnt the koreans win the national breakdancing battle?! i think victor posted dat video link on jsl before!! and i hear all these ppl on jsl posting their own recorded music and they all sound sooo good...

Old Post 03-10-2003 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui
yeah i know i'm kinda generalizing...... but i dunno... its not just at UConn i see musically talented korean ppl! at my school too and.... didnt the koreans win the national breakdancing battle?! i think victor posted dat video link on jsl before!! and i hear all these ppl on jsl posting their own recorded music and they all sound sooo good...

You should try listening to other music than Korean music then.

Old Post 03-10-2003 12:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:

oh i do. i dun listen to ONLY korean music... but i dunno wat ur gettin at..

Old Post 03-10-2003 12:44 AM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:

Yeah, he's got a point, if you only listen to one nationality of music then yeah you get the point.

Go Seon Ho!!

Old Post 03-10-2003 12:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

maybe because our parents beat piano lessons into everyone one of us starting at the young age of 2.

(note this was mostly sarcasm, but i do see your point on korean musical talent.)

Old Post 03-10-2003 09:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

then im sure all black people can dance, all european people can sing tenor, and all latinos are short.

(note that was all sarcasm.)

this was just a showcase for talented people to show off their talent. of course they can sing..... who wants to go up to a stage and show off something they're lacking.

trust me not all koreans are blessed with musical abilities.

so unis what imsaying is practice practice practice practice practice.. if you practice practice practice practice practice enought times i bet youcan sing just as well as any of those uconn people.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 03-10-2003 10:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

I agree with cheonnie oppa... lol

if I wasn't a good singer, I wouldn't go up...

Old Post 03-10-2003 08:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

yeah i guess i'm generalizing ALOT... hehehe my bad

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Yeah, he's got a point, if you only listen to one nationality of music then yeah you get the point.

like i said before, i dun only listen to one nationality of music

quote:
this was just a showcase for talented people to show off their talent. of course they can sing..... who wants to go up to a stage and show off something they're lacking.

true true u have a point... but TRUST ME there were some reallly bad singers who were brave enuff to go up there and sing!!! i give them props for trying and their efforts tho.

quote:
so unis what imsaying is practice practice practice practice practice.. if you practice practice practice practice practice enought times i bet youcan sing just as well as any of those uconn people.

maybe... but sometimes practicing doesnt do u any good. i mean, u can practice ALLLL U WANT... but in the end, its up to whether u HAVE the talent or not. for example on american idol, u see some aspiring singers dat pay for voice lessons and has been "singing their whole lives" yet their voices dun cut it. i guess i'll just stick to design..

Old Post 03-11-2003 02:39 AM