Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > TV and Movies > The Matrix
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zero-Sen

The Matrix

Yea yea, good movie. But the plot left a HUGE hole.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE MATRIX.

it doesn't kill. It doesn't destroy, it creates a synthetic world for you to live in. Well since the world is already screwed up, why not? There's nothing else to live for.

so my point is that the Matrix was pointless.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-11-2002 05:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zero-Sen Click here to Send Zero-Sen a Private Message Find more posts by Zero-Sen Add Zero-Sen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

wat r u talkin about? the matrix was just a digital world so that the AI machines or watever could harvest energy from humans since the humans blocked out the sun. the humans in the matrix were slaves basically so they wanted 2 destroy the AI crap since they were taken over by machines. it didnt destroy or kill cause it was made 2 make an illusion for the humans. the machines made humans into batteries. yea ok i am a matrix fan

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 05-13-2002 03:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

yeah, the whole point of the movie was about fighting the machines. isnt there a sequel comin out that aaliyah was supposed to be in?

Old Post 05-13-2002 05:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero-Sen

THERE WAS NO POINT TO FIGHTING THEM! THEY DID NOTHING! YOU STILL HAD FREEDOM IN YOUR MIND. in the end, isn't that all that matters?

Old Post 05-14-2002 03:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zero-Sen Click here to Send Zero-Sen a Private Message Find more posts by Zero-Sen Add Zero-Sen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

no u had false information ur life was a lie all a fake! watever u did didnt make a shit of a difference since they controlled ur world and mind. u dont hav freedom its an illusion if they knew that they would be p/o and fight but they dont since its completely taken their minds.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 05-14-2002 04:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero-Sen

right.

who would want to live in a world thats fucked up.

and if it is in ur mind, then it is real, hence not fake.

Old Post 05-20-2002 03:07 PM
huby40
Squeak....

The point of the matrix is to have guys in black trenchcoats with guns (lots of guns) blow the hell out of other guys while having cool special effects.

Besides, if they didn't get out of the matrix, wtf would've happened when it gets an error. "This program has created an illegal operation. The world will now be closed. Click the apocolypse button for details."

Plus the matrix was type of allegory to the second coming of Christ.

period.

Last edited by huby40 on 05-20-2002 at 03:53 PM

Old Post 05-20-2002 03:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero-Sen

and john woo was his name "o"!

Old Post 05-20-2002 03:54 PM
I SAH RANG ME
kim rae/jae won jjang!

i saw the matrix preview! for the new ones~ oo yeh! but like it`s a double preview and doesn`t tell anything of the plot... just shows all the action stuff and hottie keanu reeves... =D

Old Post 05-29-2002 12:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for I SAH RANG ME Click here to Send I SAH RANG ME a Private Message Find more posts by I SAH RANG ME Add I SAH RANG ME to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

peter ur the only person i kno that thinks there is a hole in the plot. the plot is complete! and u said somethin like its fine cause its in ur mind? WTF! if i knew my life and the world around me is a lie then hell that would suck! well fine lets go wit ur "if it is in ur mind, then it is real, hence not fake" then heck in my mind i believe that i am richer then bill gates! is that real no wtf r u talkin about and u speak of freedom r u j/kin they use u as a battery they can do watever they want, they need an extra battery they make u hav sex and in 9 months they hav another battery they r using them. nothin wrong my butt somethin is very dense if u catch my drift.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 05-29-2002 01:02 AM
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
Originally posted by I SAH RANG ME
i saw the matrix preview! for the new ones~ oo yeh! but like it`s a double preview and doesn`t tell anything of the plot... just shows all the action stuff and hottie keanu reeves... =D

i think that was the beauty of the first one. the marketers didnt tell u anything about the matrix, what it was. they only said the symbolic words of morpheus, that wasnt enough to ruin the movie though.

thats the thing with trailers today, they give up too much of the story.

Old Post 05-29-2002 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

the matrix is about living in an illusion. it is an escape from reality. i like the part where keanu reeves is talking to that guy in the restaurant and the guy is eating a steak. he says to keanu something like, "you see this steak? it's not real but i can taste it." that movie has layers.
anyway, remember the part where keanu was in a kitchen with that black lady and some girl with the spoons? after that scene and he is walking out closes the door? well, if you look closely, you can see the cameraman in the doorknob! how freaky is that?

Last edited by annabanana on 05-31-2002 at 04:41 AM

Old Post 05-29-2002 05:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
Originally posted by annabanana
the matrix is about living in an illusion. it is an escape from reality. i like the part where keanu reeves is talking to that guy in the restaurant and he is eating a steak. he says to keanu something like, "you see this steak? it's not real but i can taste it." that movie has layers.

um... neo was never in the restraunt eating steak. that was sypher the traitor talking to an agent (and i think it was lobster they were eating).

Old Post 05-30-2002 01:51 AM
Zero-Sen

dan, u have utterly unconvinced me. good job!

matrix still has no plot in my mind.

:sleepy:

Old Post 06-03-2002 10:08 PM
huby40
Squeak....

[qutoe]matrix still has no plot in my mind.[/quote]

ok, now that's just going too far.

Old Post 06-03-2002 10:56 PM
annabanana
Food Moderator

Vanilla Sky has no plot either.

Old Post 06-05-2002 07:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote