Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Sports and Fitness > water down gatorade!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
redoubt
grasshopper pie

water down gatorade!

Ok, let me make some of the basics clear for those who don't know.
Water - fluid that the body needs to run essential reactions, to maintain heat, and to maintain basic homeostasis. Electrolyte and salts balance, oh wait, they're the same...
@_@
pretty basic!

Electrolyte - Sodium (table salt) and potassium salts are the main electrolytes yoo need? not sure, might be more, but these two are uber important. Your body needs them to run electric impulses, extremely important. Not getting enough when yoo exercise? Exert yourself, and extreme accidents can occur, I'm not kidding. There are DEATHS because people have not been taking enough fluids and electrolytes when exerting themselves. it's even more common than yoo think!
@__@:;;;;

Sugar - Extremely simple energy source. I'm talking about the table sugar, the sweet simple one (yes there's more, but I won't get into that). When consumed, they give a burst of energy, but after consumed, they return the body to a lower state of energy. Yoo get an instant energy burst, and then become more tired after. Great for "short" sports, like sprints and stuff that don't require endurance.

ok, down to it. Gatorade is evil I tells yah. Real electrolyte solutions don't have any, if any, simple sugar. Gatorade actually lowers your performance rather than enhancing it. My advice? Water it down. Water it down and water and water. Yes the taste is gone, but why the heck yoo want the frickin taste? Want to get the benefits of Gatorade right? Same goes for any other brand name electrolyte, like Powerade. I don't know where to buy the ones without sugar, but just water down the Gatorade.

There are electrolyte solutions for babies. But I don't know if they'll help athletes.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-17-2002 07:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for redoubt Click here to Send redoubt a Private Message Visit redoubt's homepage! Find more posts by redoubt Add redoubt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

it tastes good though

Old Post 12-17-2002 01:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

never knew that.. hmm. .

Old Post 12-17-2002 08:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iTsmeehLita
lita lita

i like the taste of powerade better .. they're prolly the same .. iono why o.O

Old Post 12-17-2002 10:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iTsmeehLita Click here to Send iTsmeehLita a Private Message Find more posts by iTsmeehLita Add iTsmeehLita to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redoubt
grasshopper pie

If you're buying the same shoes from Champs that cost $60 and shoes from Payless that cost $5, they prolly work the same. They will degrade at the same rate, function in the same ways...Only difference is the NAME.

Gatorade and Powerade both are electrolyte solutions. all of the electrolytes we need are the same for everyone Flavor and packaging are prolly the only things different in the two brands, and the way they prepare their solutions...but it's prolly the same

Old Post 12-18-2002 06:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for redoubt Click here to Send redoubt a Private Message Visit redoubt's homepage! Find more posts by redoubt Add redoubt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote