Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > CD Reviews > J-Walk 2 [Someday]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tm11
down by law

J-Walk 2 [Someday]

Haha I'm listening to the this album as I write this review... so I apologize if it's not the best, given time I'm sure i'll be able to do a better job, but I wanted to be early with this... If any info is incorrect please tell me so.

Recommended songs in bold. Title song in Italics.

For those of you who may not know, J-WALK consists of Jang Suwon and Kim Jaeduc, former members of the k-pop group "sechskies." After Sechskies broke up, each of the members went their seperate ways with the 2 lead singers branching off into solo careers, and then there was Suwon and Jaeduc, who formed their own group, whereas Suwon, who was usually relegated to backup singing, was now the lead vocals, and Jaeduc functioned as a backup rapper. They've had a few hit singles, their song "suddenly" had great success, was their most successful song, and they recieved much criticism for that song as well (it sounded similar to Boyz II Men's song "4 seasons of loneliness). Their first album was pretty good, I think the tone of the first one pretty sad, and their Sophomore release, "Someday" is a little lighter, more optimistic and refreshing from what they came out with before (it does have it's wistier moments though, don't get me wrong).

1. Please God
Slower- paced, reminds me of a mix of boyz II men's "at the end of road" and "I'll make love to you" haha. It's a nice song, mid-tempo, Suwon's vocals shine through in this song. This songs like a song that someone would slow dance to, heh. Jaeduc has a mini talking part in the middle of the song.

2. Ah man...

This song is decently paced, with a soft rapping intro by jaeduc, it's ballad-like, and pretty poppish.

3. Someday

This song's really good. It's kinda jazzy, and has a bossa nova groove to it, a latin flavor too, I'd say. It's a bit faster than the previous two songs. Jaeduc pseudo-raps in the song, using bad english, but it sounds pretty cool haha, it definitely adds to the song, there are also some minor female back up vocals. This was an excellent choice for the title song and their first single, . The video's not bad either...

4. Half Crazy

This song is more r&B-ish, not a bad song either. The chorus has back up female vocals. There's kind of a blues guitar in the background, and it has a nice beat to it. Jaeduc does rap in this song.

5. Dashi

A slower ballad, with a guitar intro, it's really pretty, haha. It's a sad-sounding song, with softer vocals from suwon and soft rapping from jaeduc.

6. Chain of Love

Faster, dance beat/hip-hop flavor to it. Jaeduc raps in the middle, this song's alright too.

7. I Want

Another Fast dance song. I like this one more than Chain of Love. Electronic beat.

8. Sarang hae suh mian hae

A slow ballad, it's alright, not bad at all.

9. From Me

Piano-based, slow ballad, emphasis on Suwon's vocals, but he sings rather softly in this one too. It blooms into an all-out ballad like a minute into it, it's pretty good too. It's a little sad-sounding, this sounds like something that might have appeared on their first album. Jaeduc raps in the middle, again.

10. Ni ka keu reem jee an da neun kuh jeet mal ro

This song's pretty good too. A mid-tempo song that sounds very sentimental. It reminds me of a G.O.D. song. It's nice.

11. Someday (Instrumental)

background music... it's nice, I hear the strings were played by some of the top musicians in korea... it definitely shines through

12. Please God (Instrumental)

All the songs are fairly good, there weren't any I did not like at all.

All in all, this album wasn't that bad for their 2nd CD... I liked their first album a lot, although a lot of their songs were the same. This album has a much more diverse offering of songs, which is cool, given time, I'll probably like this album a lot more than I do currently. I'd recommend this to any J-Walk/sechskies fan, or people looking for something a little new in k-pop, I don't know haha.

Last edited by tm11 on 10-29-2002 at 10:45 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-28-2002 11:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

thanks for the review

Old Post 10-30-2002 07:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jiwonz1004
Eun Jiwon iz MINE

yea i really like thier new album...altho i thought the first was a lil better, the second one is much more....mature(?) i find it that it has a more diverse feel to it~

Old Post 11-06-2002 01:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jiwonz1004 Click here to Send Jiwonz1004 a Private Message Find more posts by Jiwonz1004 Add Jiwonz1004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote