Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > Counter Strike 1.4 Next Week
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
huby40
Squeak....

Counter Strike 1.4 Next Week

one of my friend's IM'd me this story on planet half life. It announces that CS 1.4 is going to come out next week, as well as a new version of HL. here it is:

quote:
HL 1.1.0.9 and CS 1.4 Next Week!
4/18/2002 15:02 PST | Community | by Jeh |
Valve Software's Doug Lombardi sends word that the next round of Half-Life and Counter-Strike patches will be unleashed to the world next week!
Half-Life and Counter-Strike Updates Coming Next Week

The Steam-administered beta of Half-Life 1.1.0.9 and Counter-Strike 1.4 (CS 1.4) is nearing completion, and the final versions of these updates will be released to the public next week.

CS 1.4 introduces several new features to the world's most popular online action game, including new missions (de_chateau, cs_havana), further integration of Valve's spectator technology, and more. The updates also mark the introduction of Valve's anti-cheat network, hosted in partnership with Speakeasy on the ISP's National Broadband Gaming Network (www.speakeasy.net).

In addition, this release begins the public migration of Valve's games to the recently announced Steam broadband platform (see www.steampowered.com). While it is not required, if players join the free Steam beta before next Tuesday, they will be updated seamlessly via Steam and be able to skip the traditional download process completely.

Then, after this release, those in the Steam beta will be enabled to play with those on the 20,000-plus public servers around the world. Steam-enabled players will also have the benefit of early access to the platform's integrated communication components for in-game messaging, friends tracking, and more. To join the Steam beta, follow the directions listed here: http://steampowered.com/support/HTM...nuptester.html.

The Steam beta has over 100,000 players currently. The complete migration of Valve's games to the Steam platform is scheduled in the CS 1.5 release. Later this summer, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero will ship worldwide via Steam as well as in retail stores everywhere

I wonder how this 1.4 will play, especially with all the controversial changes to it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-20-2002 10:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kap

after about cs beta6.5, all the new updates made the game crappier overall

Old Post 04-21-2002 06:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kap Click here to Send Kap a Private Message Find more posts by Kap Add Kap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

if they implement in the Stamina bar i will shoot someone.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-23-2002 06:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drunken Master
Umm... Yeah...

Stamina bar?

What the ? What are they gonna change in the gameplay? Tell me please!?!

Old Post 04-23-2002 09:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drunken Master Click here to Send Drunken Master a Private Message Find more posts by Drunken Master Add Drunken Master to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Knov1
Sucka Busta

CS1.4 Beta for Broadband has been out for a while. I've played it at my friends house and it's awful. I don't like it at all. I'm waiting for CS: Condition Zero to come out so I can switch to that. Accoring to CS Nation ..the retail version of CS1.4 will be out tomorrow (wednesday Apr. 24).

Below are some of the changes being made to CS.

CS Version 1.4

Changes/Additions:
» Added Anti-Cheat protection
» User Interface redone for HLTV
» Dedicated servers (Win32 + Linux) now default to 32MB heapsize.
» Improved dedicated server FPS (sys_ticrate) accuracy in Windows NT/2K/XP and Linux.
» New map cs_havana
» New map de_chateau
» Updated version of map de_train
» Enhanced in-game spectator mode to include HLTV features
» Added new first-person mode to spectator modes
» Speaking players flash in team members' radars
» Dead bodies remain on the ground for the entire round
» Dropped bomb blinks red in Terrorist team's radar
» Changed so only Terrorists are notified when the bomb is dropped or picked up
» Changed so players must stand still when planting the bomb (including no jumping)
» Changed so players can't move or shoot while defusing the bomb
» Adjusted pistol accuracy while jumping (all pistols)
» Adjusted player jumping values to minimize bunny hopping
» Changed so the VIP can't drop any weapons
» If player dies, view zooms away from falling body while changing the angle to show the killer
» Changed color of the words 'BOMB' and 'VIP' in the scoreboard to make them more visible
» Changed so name changes for dead players are stored and processed when the players respawn back into the world
» Changed the way "kevlar" and "kevlar/helmet" work using the buy menus...made them work together
» Added a sound when "kevlar" and "kevlar/helmet" are purchased
» Removed players hearing enemy radio calls
» Added code to force "sv_clienttrace 1" on the server
» Changed so when someone mutes a player (in the scoreboard), they will no longer see that player's in-game text messages either
» Added cheering to HLTV.
» Steam beta clients and non-Steam clients can play together on the same server now
» Voice communication uses DirectSound by default now
» Added player ID to Half-Life DM
» Added chat flood protection to HLDM.
» Added logging of fatal Sys_Error server shutdowns
» Renamed setinfo items "ah" and "vgui_menus" to "_ah" and "_vgui_menus"
» Added new setinfo item "_cl_autowepswitch" (default: 1) which controls whether or not a client switches to picked up weapons (if they're more powerful)

New CVARS:
» "mp_kickpercent" sets the percentage of teammates it takes to vote off a player maximum: 1.0 minimum: 0.0 default: 0.66
» "sv_restart" acts exactly the same as "sv_restartround"
» "sv_send_logos" when "sv_allowdownloads" is set to 1, this cvar will control whether custom logos are propagated to clients default: 1
» "sv_send_resources" when "sv_allowdownloads" is set to 1, this cvar will control whether resources are propagated to clients default: 1
» "cl_corpsestay" client-side cvar to set the amount of time (in seconds) dead bodies will stay before sinking into the ground. Dead bodies are cleared at the beginning of each round. default: 600
» "cl_righthand" client-side cvar to toggle using the right and left hand view-models default: 1
» "cl_minmodels" client-side cvar so clients can play using the minimum model set: leet.mdl, gign.mdl, and vip.mdl default: 0

Bug Fixes:
» Smoke grenade fix
» Radio command fix
» Fixed duplicate HUD weapon sprite bug
» Fixed footstep sounds to correctly play when not walking (fixes fastwalk cheats)
» Fixed uneven movement rate when moving through water
» Fixed server locking up at end of round when a lot of grenades are in play
» Fixed several ammo inconsistencies between weapons that share ammo types
» Fixed a T as CT skin bug
» Fixed bug with "kevlar/helmet" where players could buy it again at the beginning of each round even if they didn't need it
» Fixed some view_model animation bugs
» Fixed 'use' key causing an instant player stop with no deceleration
» Fixed bogus \SAVE\ directory being created when you ran Half-Life.
» Fixed filter logic in the launcher.
» Fixed bug where clients couldn't connect to server side only MODs.
» Fixed bug where you could "kill" the HLTV entity in Half-Life DM.
» Fixed AddIP command.
» Fixed crash when a func_breakable triggers a trigger_counter.
» Fixed Egon gun beam problem in Half-Life DM.
» Fixed Tau cannon prediction problem.
» Fixed fog messing Additive sprites.
» Fixed Alien Grunts not making any attack sounds.
» Fixed Egon's beam looking yellow in sofware mode.
» Removed "friends" connectionless packet query.
» Fixed "bad address type" fatal server error (caused by clients with long names).
» Fixed "condump" so the output won't overwrite previous files.
» Fixed "cvarlist" so the output won't overwrite previous files.
» Fixed rcon_port and rcon_address so they can be set manually by the player to rcon a server.
» Fixed server shutdowns related to using bots.
» Fixed "vote" and "votemap" commands to work correctly
» Fixed bug where clients would try to change their name while dead and then couldn't change it when they respawned.
This includes most HL 1.1.0.9 changes, if not all of them.

Old Post 04-23-2002 10:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Knov1 Click here to Send Knov1 a Private Message Visit Knov1's homepage! Find more posts by Knov1 Add Knov1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drunken Master
Umm... Yeah...

Hmm... it doesn't seem so bad.
But, I'll have to get it to find out.

Old Post 04-24-2002 07:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drunken Master Click here to Send Drunken Master a Private Message Find more posts by Drunken Master Add Drunken Master to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

what was bad about it knov1? i guess i'll find out tomorrow but hell i'm impatient (and i'm not gonna dl something i won't play)

Old Post 04-24-2002 09:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

awww...fuk they added in the jumping modifications. (Jumping constantly really helps if you use an smg or pistol, most rifle people suck ass anyways and so jumping confuses them) But now, seems like with this new jumping restriction, awp'ers are going to have a field day

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-24-2002 02:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Knov1
Sucka Busta

Well like deb8ter mentioned they added some jumping modifications. When you jump you lose speed and as you're coming back down to the ground, you feel as if someone is pulling you back. You feel it a lot more when you make repeated jumps and you're jumping from bigger heights. Also Headshots have gotten easier....blah. I don't know maybe it's just me, maybe I need to give 1.4 more of a chance, maybe it takes some time to get used to the changes, I'm just not too fond of them so far but you guys can judge for yourselves. If you want some more info on CS.14 go here...
http://csnation.counter-strike.net/

Old Post 04-24-2002 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Knov1 Click here to Send Knov1 a Private Message Visit Knov1's homepage! Find more posts by Knov1 Add Knov1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

quote:
jumping restriction, awp'ers are going to have a field day

actually, i heard that they made some big chagnes for the awp. when you switch to awp from pistol it's gonna take time, plus when you zoom in it will puase for like a sec or somethng.

Old Post 04-25-2002 08:38 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

most people use awp's from a distance so a second doesn't matter that much.

Dust: T says "hey sweet theres a sniper next to the crates trying to get his sniper rifle."
*walk walk* "i can make it!" *BAM!! (shot by the big one from the awp 3 seconds later). dead.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 04-25-2002 03:09 PM
Prototype

1.4 sucks.

hitboxes were enlarged, recoil was increased... :P jumping slows you down.

Old Post 04-25-2002 05:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

yeah, the hit boxes are screwed up.

but people seem to hate the other changes because they're different, and they don't bother to look at the gameplay. oh well.

Old Post 04-26-2002 09:20 AM
micron
all i need is a miracle

gotta love the first person spectator.. love it. just love it.

Old Post 04-26-2002 11:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drunken Master
Umm... Yeah...

Damn... the new patch feels like a leash, holding you back...

No bunny hopping, damn awpers everywhere...
I hate the new patch

Old Post 04-26-2002 10:45 PM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

ok recoil sux beyond suckin now. u cant jump for shit. the only gun wit a small amount of recoil is the m4a1. AWP'ers r havin a nice party. and 1.4 put magnets on every1's heads. i see headshots every other second by n00bs wit the para 25 feet away just shootin like there is no 2morrow.

Old Post 04-27-2002 07:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

reasons why they changed jumping:
1) if you could time it right, you could keep jumping while making no sound at all. they tried to fix this but i didn't work.

2) try jumping with a shotgun, preferably the m3 bennelli (pump-shotty). no matter waht you do, the shot will go where the cross hair is. if you had shotguns without the slows jumps they would own the game because the jumping accuracy has decreased for all the other weapons.

3) Jumping was never really intended to be a combat tactic. They said that it was too much like quake. the jump is supposed to get you behind cover quick or get you to places you can't get access to.

i am not arguing with anyone. I heard all of this from other people.

btw, the recoil isn't as bad as you think. You just can't move around so much with the heavier weapons. SMG's are lighter so they have more accuracy and are easier to handle while you're shooting and moving. The rifles are heavier, so you need to keep movement to a min. as you shoot. I think this is a great way to balance the game.

Old Post 04-27-2002 08:55 AM
Drunken Master
Umm... Yeah...

Yeah, but still... It feels like i'm being held back...

man i think i'm gonna try it again right now..

Old Post 04-27-2002 10:06 AM
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

dunt like the hs thing. too many of it, it's bullshit.

Old Post 04-27-2002 07:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote