Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > Burning Cd's...?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Babu2002

Question Burning Cd's...?

How do you burn Cd's?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-30-2002 07:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Babu2002 Click here to Send Babu2002 a Private Message Find more posts by Babu2002 Add Babu2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznriceboi
goT ricE bitcH!

Talking well

well.. here we go

first u need a cd burner (cd writer), its a cd drive that comes along with your computer or u need to "PHYSICALLY" install it.

next u need a cd buring program (ur computer probably have one)
these program could include "nero" or "roxio" (easiest to use)

PUT IN A BLANK CD.. if it is CD-R it means its CD-Recordable, meaning u kan only record it once time after u finalized it..
if it is CD-RW, u record, erase, record, erase..etc

open the program, decide whiether u want a data, audio, or backup.. (usually i use 'data' to burn music videos, mp3's, programs, and other various stuff... i use 'audio' sometimes to burn audio cd's.. it kind of pointless if u have an mp3 player kus it'll fit more songs if u burn mp3' on a data cd.. and nevered used 'backup' )

next, input all the files u want to be on the cd (depending on ur cd's space (74 min or 80 min)and the content of ur cd, u kan only burn to limit the space allowed)

next, burn it, u kan do a test run but that is usually pointless.. u kan choose the speed at which to burn (it could be at 1x, 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x,.....)

usually a lower speed ensure realiability.. i heard

u also have some options.. "finalize and closed sessions"
if u finalized ur cd, u kan't write on it anymore.. ITS FINISHED
if u still want to add things to the cd kus u did use the whole (74 min)650 megs or (80)700 megs, just close the sessions..

however with that.. some computer without an advanced cd reader wouldn't be albe to read the cd

wait for 10-30 min depending on the speed ur cd is being written..
WHEN THE CD POPS OUT AND/OR GOES BACK IN.. UR FINALLY FINISHED... WHEWWWW..!!!

HOWEVER

however if u have windows xp, it has intergrated "roxio", IT'S much easier..

go to the files u want to burn.. select them or the folder.. right-click on it.. go down to "send to" and choose the cd-drive that is your burner.. (remember u kan only burn as much files the memory on the cd kan hold)

afterwards a small ballon should pop up saying u have file to be written.. click on it.. then ur cd-drive windows should pop-up..

then choose "write these files to cd" on the left side of the window.. follow the screen.. wait a while and u should be done..

damn.. that took long time to write... i have no life.. hehe.. including the people who is going to read this.. hehe

HOPE THAT HELP EXPLAIN.. any more questions.. just post em

Old Post 04-30-2002 09:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznriceboi Click here to Send aznriceboi a Private Message Find more posts by aznriceboi Add aznriceboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

nero is better than roxio

Old Post 04-30-2002 11:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drunken Master
Umm... Yeah...

Just a little FYI...
after burning a few hundred cd's you may find your cd burner not preforming like you had it before...

You may have to start burning at lower speeds... When this happens you have 2 options..

Get a new burner or recalibrate the burner..

btw.. i use disc juggler and adaptec..

Old Post 04-30-2002 12:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drunken Master Click here to Send Drunken Master a Private Message Find more posts by Drunken Master Add Drunken Master to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote