Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > vbs file??? wat is it???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LonELy_G

vbs file??? wat is it???

Hey I think my computer has a virus... most of my mp3 files has been attacked by vbs files and they're I think infected becuz I can't open them or do anything else with them... and this one Linux32 thingly keep on popping out with my windows media player everytime I turn on the computer... wat is wrong??? I heard it's a virus... is it???? I need answers.... If someone know please tell me...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-2002 06:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LonELy_G Click here to Send LonELy_G a Private Message Find more posts by LonELy_G Add LonELy_G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SoundCtrl

vbs files are VBScript Files.

VBScript is a scripting language made after the Visual Basic programming language. It's versitile functions & structure make it one of the best languages to make WORMS.

From what your saying, you probably got infected with a few vb worms. Some script kiddy probably created a worm, renamed it to something similar to an MP3 like for example:

Ashanti - Foolish.mp3.vbs

and put it on a file sharing program such as KaZaa to share.

Although KaZaa has filtering against *vbs files, it cannot detect secondary file names (most of the times)

So to a victim, the file would look like:

Ashanti- Foolish.mp3

in the Search box. To protect against this, be sure to look at MP3 file sizes, rather than just clicking the mp3 file just cause it says that it's the song. Any REAL MP3 will have at least a file size thats a Megabyte or more. If the Mp3 file has a size of like 4 Kilobytes (KB) or anywhere in Kilobyte size, don't download it.

Old Post 04-21-2002 06:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SoundCtrl Click here to Send SoundCtrl a Private Message Find more posts by SoundCtrl Add SoundCtrl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LonELy_G

Oh ok... I see... Thanks... but another question... can this happen in audiogalaxy??? Because I think that this problem occured from there, although I'm not sure... it could possibly be kazaa though... because my cuzin also downloaded something from there the same day I downloaded some songs from audiogalaxy with the very same day the "worms" attacked... anyway I'm just curious...

Old Post 04-21-2002 07:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LonELy_G Click here to Send LonELy_G a Private Message Find more posts by LonELy_G Add LonELy_G to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote