Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > CD Reviews > Utada Hikaru - Deep River
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tea
Official Pothead

Utada Hikaru - Deep River

only 8 new songs on this cd, the rest are her recent popular songs

Track 1: Sakura Drops
great slow beat song to start the cd. nothing really new here, heard it, i like it.

Track 2: Travelling
fast beat, catchy song...again, its a song which ive heard of already, but i still like it as well

Track 3: Shiawase Ni Narou
i loved this song! i think its the best on the cd. its one of her newer song on the cd...it starts out with some piano play, and her singing...a little later, comes the beat. i find myself listening to this track the most.

Track 4: Deep River
The album track...a slow beat song. i think its a great follow to Shiawase Ni Narou. Another song i found quite good.

Track 5: Letters
I believe she relased this single right before the album. at first i did not like this track because i did not like it the first time i heard it, but the song grew on me. i think its an ok song...i just didnt like the music becuase at times i think it sounds jumbled together. i think its the hand/congo drums that killed it.

Track 6: Play Ball
I didnt like this song much. its sounds kinda corny to me, with lyrics like, "I throw my heart to you". sounds like a corny pick up line. i didnt like this song

Track 7: Tokyo Nights
This song starts off very catchy. i like the beat very much. she sings with the beat which i think its pretty cool. i liked this song, but i didnt really like the chrous

Track 8: A.S.A.P.
The beat is very catchy, but i didnt like this song much because it didnt really song nice to me. the beat is cool, but i just didnt like the song.

Track 9: Uso Mitai Na I Love You
This song uses an electric guitar in its music. i like it because its different from her other songs, its an rnb/rock fusion song. i enjoyed this track

Track 10: Final Distance
This song is one of my all time favorites. its the tribute songs for the children who were killed by that maniac who entered that school. its a great remix of the song distance. i loved this song.

track 11: Bridge Interlude

Track 12: Hikari
A very catchy beat, i thought it would have been great if the song ended with final distance, but this was a great track

Over all i was satisfied this this cd. its got its great songs which were released before along with the new songs which i find myself listening to over and over.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-12-2002 03:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

If you like final distance, you should check out the final distance m-flo remix... it's tight.

Old Post 07-12-2002 06:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

i have the distance mflo remix...there is not final distance remix cuz its a tribute song

Old Post 07-12-2002 06:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

thanks for the review tony! heh..
hmm.. dyou download her album? if so..
what site?

or did you buy it? if so..
i guess that wont help me lol.

Last edited by TAIgrr on 07-12-2002 at 07:26 AM

Old Post 07-12-2002 07:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
anata`dake

man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love UTADA HIKARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
go the song deep river
she is an amazing singer
and anyone who doesn't like first love needs help
just kidding
her voice is what makes the world stop

utada forever!
ayumi cannot SING!

Old Post 10-13-2002 06:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for anata`dake Click here to Send anata`dake a Private Message Find more posts by anata`dake Add anata`dake to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eddiee
werD?

can someone send me the songs :)

Old Post 10-13-2002 06:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for eddiee Click here to Send eddiee a Private Message Find more posts by eddiee Add eddiee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

i got some! i can send you on AIM! =D

Old Post 10-13-2002 07:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

quote:
Originally posted by anata`dake

utada forever!
ayumi cannot SING!

lets not hate on other singers

ayumi is a very accomplished young woman who has won a lot of awards and can be an international superstar. her style is more vocal dance music, but her ballad songs like love destiny remains one of my favorite japanese songs of all time

Old Post 10-13-2002 09:17 AM
Pandagrrli
Aishite mo ii~

I'm not a big fan of Ayu.. or actually.. not a big fan of her fans [if that makes any sense lol]. Her song writing skills are alright: I personally liked her first few singles the best [her duet with Tsunku is actually my favourite of her songs..].

But anyhow, I really enjoyed "DEEP RIVER." I'm not a huge fan of Utada either.. but this album really kept my attention for a while.. my faviourite out of all of her albums.

Old Post 10-21-2002 12:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pandagrrli Click here to Send Pandagrrli a Private Message Visit Pandagrrli's homepage! Find more posts by Pandagrrli Add Pandagrrli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

i love her first love (?) song in piano. calms me down. and, i like the song she sang in kingdom hearts.

Props To Huby

Old Post 10-21-2002 03:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

i love this cd.. its soo nice.

i espcially like deep river

Old Post 11-10-2002 06:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote