Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > Nintendo DS VS PSP
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Azn2296

Nintendo DS VS PSP

http://www.theregister.com/2004/05/...ndo_ds_preview/

http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/e3-...hots-016097.php

man the psp graphics are pretty nice for a handheld and the games for the psp is nice

more here http://gamespot.com/psp/index.html

My Xanga

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-14-2004 06:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Azn2296 Click here to Send Azn2296 a Private Message Visit Azn2296's homepage! Find more posts by Azn2296 Add Azn2296 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

I heard that the PSP has a cd drive for the games, I also heard it has shock feedback (Like a rumble pack)

Old Post 05-14-2004 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
I heard that the PSP has a cd drive for the games, I also heard it has shock feedback (Like a rumble pack)

yeah, not very smart. they're going to need crazy anti skip for that. plus, carrying the cd's in your pocket isn't going to be a great idea either. carts are a better choice.

i think i'm buying a DS. kinda reminds of of a game and watch.

Old Post 05-15-2004 06:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Azn2296

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
yeah, not very smart. they're going to need crazy anti skip for that. plus, carrying the cd's in your pocket isn't going to be a great idea either. carts are a better choice.

i think i'm buying a DS. kinda reminds of of a game and watch.

its not cds.. md like. so its skip free... one thing i dont like about the ds is that whats the second screen for..? i been looking at the pic for the games they have and the 2nd screen is stupid.. like for maps and shit for its useless

My Xanga

Old Post 05-16-2004 07:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Azn2296 Click here to Send Azn2296 a Private Message Visit Azn2296's homepage! Find more posts by Azn2296 Add Azn2296 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by Azn2296
its not cds.. md like. so its skip free... one thing i dont like about the ds is that whats the second screen for..? i been looking at the pic for the games they have and the 2nd screen is stupid.. like for maps and shit for its useless

in racing games, each screen will have a different view, maybe one forward, one rear. in rpg's, i heard they'll use the second screen for stats

Old Post 05-16-2004 09:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Azn2296

quote:
in racing games, each screen will have a different view, maybe one forward, one rear. in rpg's, i heard they'll use the second screen for stats

its still kinda useless unless they invent a new style of games..

My Xanga

Old Post 05-16-2004 09:52 PM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:

If you don't make use of it.

Old Post 05-17-2004 12:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:

i forgot to mention that it is a touch screen as well

Old Post 05-21-2004 02:44 AM
aaronnn
Suby!

the secondary screen looks very useful, innovative, and creative. i like the idea of a second touch screen, especially for games like rpgs. instead of having to go into the menu and looking for stats (level, experience, strength, power, defense...) you can just stare at the screen below. or it can also be used as a menu. games like Megaman. instead of choosing a a different weapon on the start menu, you can just touch a new weapon and just continue on with the game right away.

the second screen also takes away alot of the cluttering in games. especially in racing games. where the maps is on the bottom right corner. that gets annoying, trying to look at that small little map while concentrating on racing. the map sometimes block the road too, that's another thing not to worry about.

but definitly that p2p is alot sleeker, nicer, and just beautiful. cant wait til i get my hands on both. the Advance SP is feeling played out for me. hahaha

Old Post 05-27-2004 01:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronnn Click here to Send aaronnn a Private Message Find more posts by aaronnn Add aaronnn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

The touch screen can have many uses. imagine having a virtual keyboard. that would be insanely awesome. don't forget the bluetooth wireless capabilities as well.

Old Post 06-08-2004 09:09 PM
Azn2296

quote:
The touch screen can have many uses. imagine having a virtual keyboard. that would be insanely awesome. don't forget the bluetooth wireless capabilities as well.

well i still dont like it... haha if u seen cideo of it the games are like mario party where u just draw.. i think psp stil better and its had mp3 and movie play back and it can be used to store files..so its very useful

My Xanga

Old Post 06-08-2004 09:39 PM
weed smoka

psp is gonna need some crazy battery life to compete with the nds.

lot of people dont like the idea of recharging their batteries every 3 hours, especially if they are playing an rpg and no save spot can be found

Old Post 08-01-2004 02:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for weed smoka Click here to Send weed smoka a Private Message Find more posts by weed smoka Add weed smoka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

ds will be a lot cheaper than the psp

but i only prefer the psp because ive read that it can also be used as a media player. videos, music, and even tv. kinda reminds me of the creative zen.

Old Post 08-01-2004 06:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gen Tso Chiken

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix yeah, not very smart. they're going to need crazy anti skip for that. plus, carrying the cd's in your pocket isn't going to be a great idea either. carts are a better choice.

he does have a point. carts are more compact.

quote:

first off md is not skip free, its skip resistant and they are no better than cds, just more expensive.

and because of the fact that the DS has no moving parts it WILL last longer than the PSP and WILL also be able to process information faster. have you seen the screen on the PSP? that thing id FREAKING HUGE!! think about how awkward it will be just to hold and play!! i mean seriously!! the last thing hand held that wide was the sega gamegear. any one remember that monstrosity?!?! $5 says that the PSP is going to be bigger than the gamegear and eat up batteries in the same amount of time.

Last edited by Gen Tso Chiken on 08-02-2004 at 02:33 AM

Old Post 08-02-2004 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gen Tso Chiken Click here to Send Gen Tso Chiken a Private Message Find more posts by Gen Tso Chiken Add Gen Tso Chiken to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote