Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > brand spankin new concept tib (lotta pics)
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by hnefrdo
sounds like a claim to me.

yeah im claiming that you're wrong. d=D

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-30-2003 12:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
v8what?
DSM > You

The tib's V6, although nice from the factory, has yet to be a proven powerplant. If it is, great, have fun spending 2x on parts. If you want serious power to run with the big boys, you need turbos, plus all the nesscary plumbing. The engine comes from an SUV so good luck finding any hp beyond 5000rpm in stock form. Also, the aftermarket has yet to accept the tib', all ive seen so far is the same ole' intake, exhaust, and wheels combo. Dont get me wrong, the tib' isnt a bad car, its just not as "proven" as everything else. Its also FWD.

Old Post 11-01-2003 02:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for v8what? Click here to Send v8what? a Private Message Find more posts by v8what? Add v8what? to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

my friend's 2003 tib got an aem intake on it...and a body kit LOL

i mean it looks nice and all...but for a v6...its not that powerful

Old Post 11-02-2003 02:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj EndEver
breakbeat fan

quote:
Originally posted by v8what?
The tib's V6, although nice from the factory, has yet to be a proven powerplant. If it is, great, have fun spending 2x on parts. If you want serious power to run with the big boys, you need turbos, plus all the nesscary plumbing. The engine comes from an SUV so good luck finding any hp beyond 5000rpm in stock form. Also, the aftermarket has yet to accept the tib', all ive seen so far is the same ole' intake, exhaust, and wheels combo. Dont get me wrong, the tib' isnt a bad car, its just not as "proven" as everything else. Its also FWD.

true, that onli about 180 horses are claimed despite 6 cylinders and u're gonna need serious parts to up the power. but there are numbers of body kits out there for this tib, including wide-body ones. the aftermarket companies have actualli received the tib pretti well, considering there are both supercharger kits and turbo kits out, and they have been in magazines. there are also numerous fan pages of tib owners saying how much they like their tib. so its safe to say the tib has proven itself.

Old Post 11-02-2003 10:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dj EndEver Click here to Send dj EndEver a Private Message Visit dj EndEver's homepage! Find more posts by dj EndEver Add dj EndEver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
v8what?
DSM > You

quote:
Originally posted by dj EndEver
true, that onli about 180 horses are claimed despite 6 cylinders and u're gonna need serious parts to up the power. but there are numbers of body kits out there for this tib, including wide-body ones. the aftermarket companies have actualli received the tib pretti well, considering there are both supercharger kits and turbo kits out, and they have been in magazines. there are also numerous fan pages of tib owners saying how much they like their tib. so its safe to say the tib has proven itself.

By "proven" Im talking about how well it responds to changes. Sure there are boost kits out, but the 6cyc has 10:1 compression. When you add serious boost, your going to need pistons, probably rods, and God knows what else. If your going to turbocharge, you need two turbos. Supercharging seems like it would work, and work well, but, as I said above, you wont be able to run too much boost. And its still FWD. Not a whole lot will fix that.

Old Post 11-03-2003 04:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for v8what? Click here to Send v8what? a Private Message Find more posts by v8what? Add v8what? to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj EndEver
breakbeat fan

quote:
Originally posted by v8what?
By "proven" Im talking about how well it responds to changes. Sure there are boost kits out, but the 6cyc has 10:1 compression. When you add serious boost, your going to need pistons, probably rods, and God knows what else. If your going to turbocharge, you need two turbos. Supercharging seems like it would work, and work well, but, as I said above, you wont be able to run too much boost. And its still FWD. Not a whole lot will fix that.

i see ur point, basicalli i think this is a two sided argument, the hardcore enthusiasts will agree with one side, whiles others will agree with the next. so theres no point of arguing (if u are, im not so juss wanna get that out). i think the difference in this type of argument is to what extent someone wants to modify that particular model tib. ur right in that itz gonna take all that, but ur wanting to basicalli turn it into a beast. im sayin itz decent in that from recent history the tib is now actualli a good contender against other similar cars, such as civics, etc. but tha bottom line that almost everyone should agree with is that alot can be done to it, it doesnt look that bad, and the performance is decent.

Old Post 11-03-2003 08:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dj EndEver Click here to Send dj EndEver a Private Message Visit dj EndEver's homepage! Find more posts by dj EndEver Add dj EndEver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
v8what?
DSM > You

quote:
Originally posted by dj EndEver
it doesnt look that bad, and the performance is decent.

Agreed.

Old Post 11-03-2003 10:10 PM