Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Creative Writing > [LongFic]THE INViSIBLE WiND ··· H·O·T ···
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lovedontloveme

[LongFic]THE INViSIBLE WiND ··· H·O·T ···

The Invisible Wind
By: angeldust

The Invisible Wind – unseen, yet heard, moving branches and scattering fallen sepia and auburn leaves.

My parents’ never ending arguments and disagreements over money never ceased to pain me; every time I heard their bickering I’d try to shut their words out. I’d put my hands over my ears and close my eyes, and pretend that if I couldn’t hear or see it, then it wasn’t happening. It was pointless though, because no matter how many times I would shut out their yelling, their words would evade my defenses and invade my thoughts, taking over my emotions like maggots savoring a piece of rotten meat. Why didn’t they love each other anymore? If they, who’d been married for over 15 years, couldn’t love each other after all this time, how could they love me?

As a result, I’m quiet. Sometimes people mistake my silence for coldness, for not caring, but that’s not true. I just don’t know how to put into words exactly what I’m feeling. I don’t want something to come out the wrong way and be misinterpreted.

Although I’d try to forget, the memories still lingered on. I remembered the look on Kangta’s face when my dad brought out a cake that looked almost childishly decorated. The white frosting was thickly coated and bits of chocolate were stuck all over the sides. Written on top of the cake with chocolate icing was ‘Happy 12th Birthday Chilhyun’. My father, the hopeless cook had stayed sober, and had asked for my help. He told me I could decorate the cake and since I knew Kangta liked chocolate, I told my dad we needed chocolate on the cake too. So he took out a block of chocolate and we chopped it up. My dad and I had stayed in the kitchen until Kangta got home from soccer practice and had baked the cake. I remember being so excited; I was allowed to stick the chocolate pieces on the sides of the cake! But I was even happier, thinking, that my appa didn’t smell funny today and that he had asked me to help him.

My dad placed the cake on the oval glass table we had in our dining room. Kangta had the brightest smile on his face, grinning, he hugged my Father while I jumped around exclaiming that I had helped.

My mother was strong, she was smart and unwavering. But my father was lazy, jobless and an alcoholic. Sometimes the alcohol swirled around in him and he was lucid; I would crawl into his sprawled arms, falling asleep with the scent of alcohol in the lingering in the air. Other times the alcohol caused an eruption of anger in my father and another force would take over him; he would break household objects and it would eventually lead to the shattering of our family.

My dad left when I was 13. I watched silently from my window on the 2nd floor of our house, the image of him walking out of the house, the anguish in his eyes – it is still etched in my mind.

The skies were dreary and the crunch of fallen autumn leaves were heard as mine and Kangta’s friends gathered around the table and took out their lunches, opening lids and taking out bottles of juice and cups and placing them on the one of the picnic tables places strategically under trees everywhere in our school. Every Friday we would do this, sharing our lunches and chattering until the bell for class went. I enjoyed these times; I would sit under the looming oak tree, unnoticed, observing the happy couples in our group. They looked so happy, their cheeks crimson from the blood rushing to their cheeks after seeing their loved one. I’d smile as I felt as though I shared a little of their happiness by witnessing their times together.

I turned to hear the low voice of Jaewon telling my brother that he and Woohyuk needed to come over and get something from our house after school. The lanky boy with long limbs turned back to his girlfriend Mimi and my eyes looked over the other couples.

Tony and Nara whispering to each other, my brother and Eugene chasing each other, Jaewon helping Mimi with her homework while munching on a sandwich – these couples seemed so filled with glee at just the sight of each other and I couldn’t help but wonder when I would be able to understand how they felt about each other. Everyone wants to know love; it’s a basic fact, which everyone realizes – we… all… want… to know... love.

A couple I used to enjoy watching didn’t seem so happy nowadays; Minji and Woohyuk. I used to watch with interest as my friend Minji’s already lively demeanor livened up even more in the presence of Woohyuk. But as time passed, the wind blew and things had changed.

Both of them were sitting on the seats next to the picnic table with their backs to the table. Minji had her hands on the sides, lively chatter coming from her mouth while Woohyuk seemed to be especially attentive to his plate of food, his bleached hair hanging down, covering his face.

I picked at my food while humming a made-up tune, then let my gaze turn back to the grey skies. As I scanned the sky full of clouds I could sense someone’s eyes on me. I turned around, and found myself lost in the dark eyes of Jang Woohyuk…

I blinked and proceeded to tell myself to look away, but could not bring myself to. His eyes held a melancholy to them and I found myself curious. It seemed an eternity before I could look away, and while doing so I caught Minji smiling at me; her beautiful eyes now filled with an indescribable sadness that no one seemed to see, but me.

The bell rang indicating the end of lunch and we scrambled to clean our mess up. I grabbed some paper plates off the table and stuffed them into a plastic bag to throw away. Hands everywhere on the table struggling to pick up little bits and pieces of food, and just for a moment my hand was there next to his, barely touching and brought shivers to me. In that short moment where everyone one was too busy to notice, his hand ran over mine and time stood still. After what seemed like minutes but was really seconds we both started cleaning with both hands again.

“Hey Aurora, give that to me,” Woohyuk said quietly, taking the plastic bag filled with garbage from me, “I’ll throw it away for you, go to class, you’ll be late.”

“Thanks Woohyuk,” I shot him a grateful smile and hurried to class, looking back once I got to the doors to the halls. Woohyuk, Kangta and Minji remained there cleaning in silence; the rustle of the leaves once in awhile disturbing the tense silence.

As the remainder of school progressed I found myself with nothing but Woohyuk on my mind. When I thought of him it was as though I could hear music playing, the notes dripping in melancholy sweeping through me.

Woohyuk was the other quiet person in our group, almost as quiet as I was. Ironically, his hair was a bright orange tone and seemed to always be covering his eyes, almost as though he had his hair cut so that he could avoid people looking at his face. His small eyes turned into crescents when he laughed or smiled, which was seldom anyway.

My teacher’s dull voice permeated the atmosphere; the class was quiet and struggling to stay awake. I lay my head on my table noiselessly and closed my eyes, letting my mind wander; images of Woohyuk floated around; they were unknowingly, silently embedded themselves inside me.

I won't really be having chapters, just parts; meaning I won't be numbering chapters. Don't be surprised if I don't post more of this fic soon. I've got more of this done, but it's far from finished, I just want some feedback and comments on how it is so far and what the first part makes you think/feel. PLEASE give me feedback, I'd like to know what people think of this and of my writing style. I really want to improve /:

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-05-2002 12:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

*sniff* noone's replying, not even the MOD!!!! SUSANNNNNNN POOPIE /: hahahahhahhaa jkjk
silent readers : i'll post more later
i'm still in the process of writing more

Old Post 05-06-2002 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

It’s quite strange how Woohyuk calls me Aurora and not Rora like most of the group does. It may seem to be something trivial but I wondered what significance it had. Then I realized I was the one of the few who still called him Woohyuk. Most of the group called him Hyuk or Hyukie. I guess it shows that we’re not close at all, we don’t talk much, I hardly know him, if it wasn’t for my brother I wouldn’t even be acquainted with him.

I wondered why I couldn’t get him out of my head. What was it about him that allowed his name and image to loiter around? Why was I questioning so much? I couldn’t concentrate at all in my remaining classes and I couldn’t help but wonder why Minji looked troubled. And most of all, did I have anything to do with it? I hated this feeling of uncertainty, why couldn’t I know all the answers?

The melancholy in her eyes haunted me, as much as I shook my thoughts off; they still trailed around me, making their mark. I felt as though the anguish I assumed she felt was because of me. Although I had no idea as to why, I felt such a curiosity, and the melancholy of my friend deeply affected me. I had yet to figure out why.

The melancholy seemed to seep into me, I felt this heaviness, and I wish I had never seen such sadness in her eyes. I wanted to think it all out of me. So I decided to put my mind on other things, such as Kangta’s upcoming birthday. What would I get him? I really had no clue as to what guys liked for birthday presents but I didn’t want to get him something superficial. I wanted to get him something that showed I actually thought about it.

My arm was beginning to hurt with the weight of my head on it, I moved my head and soon dozed off in class, not worried about the teacher noticing; I was always so quiet that no one really ever noticed me.

I felt a poke in my side. I shot my head up and saw Minji looking at me with a silly grin on her face.

“Sleepyhead, class is over, haha you look so cute sleeping” she told me.

“Oh, thanks Minji” I thanked her gratefully and smiled. We both grabbed our book bags and left the classroom. Nara was the closest thing I had to a best friend. She didn’t really mind how quiet I was and she did most of the talking. Although she seemed to be such a loud person and such a talker, I think even people like her appreciated someone who would listen. I was there not to tell her unwanted advice or opinions but to remind her that there are people out there who wouldn’t judge. Sometimes lively people need some silence to dwell in.

The hallways were practically deserted, with only a few students who had extracurricular activities wandering about. Minji must have been watching me while I slept… It’s either that, or she herself was asleep. Or maybe she just had her own thoughts. Or maybe she was watching me sleep. The possibilities were endless; nevertheless I put my thoughts aside as we reached my locker.

“Hey Rora I’m gonna go meet Nara now, we’re going to the mall, see you tomorrow kay?”

“Oh okay, see you tomorrow Minji” I replied and with that she smiled and bounced towards the entrance of the school building. As I watched her, I saw her turn around and wave, then walked out the doors.

I turned around and proceeded to take my time putting my books into my locker. Finally, school’s finished for today. I closed the locker door and turned around, finding myself face to face with Woohyuk.

“Hey Rora. Minji told me to walk you home, Kangta already left.”

I nodded in silent assent and we walked side by side down the hallway and out the entrance doors.

The wind blew, grass swayed and the sounds of leaves rustling filled my ears. Woohyuk and I walked slowly together, heading towards my home in silence, a silence that oddly wasn’t comfortable but wasn’t awkward. He stared straight ahead, while I kept my head down, thinking of ideas that maybe I shouldn’t have been thinking.

*** ahh.. i don't think anyone's reading.. oh well ^^ i'll post anyway.

Old Post 05-10-2002 06:13 PM
shoujo

i read it!!!
is the story gonna be about the girl & woohyuk?
post up more!

Old Post 05-11-2002 03:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for shoujo Click here to Send shoujo a Private Message Find more posts by shoujo Add shoujo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

Hi shoujo! you're Christin's friend right? hehe

*takes big breath*
Well, I was invited to join the in*dreams ezine crew and the fic I'll be submitting to the fic is this one. Unfortunately, the ezine doesn't allow you to post the submitted fic to any other place other than the ezine itself.
Thankyou to all who read and thankyou to shoujo for the encouragement ^^

I'll be submitting a part at a time. My fic won't be seen there until the June issue of the e*zine is up..
The e*zine address is http://indreams.f2g.net/ . The quality of the fiction there is excellent. minusky the well known translator is publishing a fic there too. ^^ Hope you all visit the e*zine and give feedback.

-angeldust/lovedontloveme

Last edited by lovedontloveme on 05-11-2002 at 06:25 PM

Old Post 05-11-2002 05:24 PM
sangxjin

wow these are really good..when do u have the time to write these up?

Props To Huby

Old Post 05-11-2002 06:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
wow these are really good..when do u have the time to write these up?

hi, are you talking about my fic ? well.. i don't go to school so i have plenty of time haha. also i usually fall asleep at like 3-4am heh.
anyway, if you were talking about the fics at the e*zine, i guess us authors have a passion for writing and time isn't much of an issue since we love writing so much ^___^.

Old Post 05-11-2002 06:30 PM
shoujo

quote:
Originally posted by lovedontloveme
Hi shoujo! you're Christin's friend right? hehe

*takes big breath*
Well, I was invited to join the in*dreams ezine crew and the fic I'll be submitting to the fic is this one. Unfortunately, the ezine doesn't allow you to post the submitted fic to any other place other than the ezine itself.
Thankyou to all who read and thankyou to shoujo for the encouragement ^^

I'll be submitting a part at a time. My fic won't be seen there until the June issue of the e*zine is up..
The e*zine address is http://indreams.f2g.net/ . The quality of the fiction there is excellent. minusky the well known translator is publishing a fic there too. ^^ Hope you all visit the e*zine and give feedback.

-angeldust/lovedontloveme

yea..i'm Christin's friend..
btw, my name is Cecilia...what's your name?
so..i have to go to the ezine, to read your next chapter of this fic?
cool..i'll check it later

Old Post 05-12-2002 10:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for shoujo Click here to Send shoujo a Private Message Find more posts by shoujo Add shoujo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

Hi Cecilia [:
Well actually my fic is going to be published bit by bit so currently only the first two parts of my fic are published at the e*zine
There are some other great fics at the e*zine though, so don't be discouraged to visit q:
My real name is Vi. But I recently decided to call myself Aurora and have asked alot of my online friends to call me that, so please call me Aurora kay? [:

Old Post 05-16-2002 11:00 PM
shoujo

Aurora? cool..okay..
Do u have AIM? if yes IM me my name is FriedPisang

Old Post 05-16-2002 11:17 PM
annabanana
Food Moderator

some ppl just have too much time on their hands. i like how the intro sets up the rest of the fic.

Old Post 05-29-2002 06:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote