Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > School Life > college!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JuJu
shaKe :: sHake

college!

sophomore in college baby!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-08-2006 11:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JuJu Click here to Send JuJu a Private Message Find more posts by JuJu Add JuJu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

Re: college!

quote:
Originally posted by JuJu
sophomore in college baby!

junior in college honey!

Dang I feel old though.

Old Post 08-15-2006 08:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

SENIOR in college, i feel very old. I still got like 7 more years though, but i doubt they will be like undergrad years.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 08-18-2006 08:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
SENIOR in college, i feel very old. I still got like 7 more years though, but i doubt they will be like undergrad years.

7 more years? What are you doing (and in what field)? Trying to get your PhD?

2 more years for me (unless I do grad school, which is not looking likely)...this term looks like it'll be tough. 6 classes, and I'm TA-ing a class...that probably wasn't the best of ideas. Oh well, I could use a challenge.

Old Post 08-29-2006 05:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Nuclear Engineering: one more year undergrad, one year masters, and then a phD. At least at michigan, they give you 7-10 years to finish earn your phD. I am not sure if it will take that long, but i do not doubt that it can.

-Cromwell

Old Post 09-02-2006 04:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

Ah, PhD. That's pretty cool. Are you planning on staying at Mich to do that or going somewhere else?

Old Post 09-03-2006 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

I am staying at michigan for grad school, then i will examine other programs for phD. I would like to go somewhere else for it, but rankings do matter in my book, so we will see. I was hoping for berkeley, since they have a decent program and i have never been to the west. It would probably be a nice change.

what field are you in?

-Cromwell

Old Post 09-03-2006 10:23 PM
tea
Official Pothead

doctor david eh?

Old Post 09-05-2006 07:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
I am staying at michigan for grad school, then i will examine other programs for phD. I would like to go somewhere else for it, but rankings do matter in my book, so we will see. I was hoping for berkeley, since they have a decent program and i have never been to the west. It would probably be a nice change.

what field are you in?

Compsci and math. Not planning on going to grad school right now, despite the fact that I have a ton of research interests and would really love to learn higher level stuff in both fields. But yeah I'm planning on pursuing a career in software development and putting those research interests on the back burner for a little while.

Old Post 09-06-2006 04:31 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by tea
doctor david eh?

haha, i will never call myself a doctor, even with a phD. I always dislike it when professors make you call them doctor.

-Cromwell

Old Post 09-06-2006 06:55 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by aaqthree
Compsci and math. Not planning on going to grad school right now, despite the fact that I have a ton of research interests and would really love to learn higher level stuff in both fields. But yeah I'm planning on pursuing a career in software development and putting those research interests on the back burner for a little while.

Nice. I wish i had more realistic time, elsewise i would want to go into applied math. There may be time for a grad degree in that, we will see. Commendable though, i had one programming class and i hate it, but i respect people that do it. especially those that are good at it.

-Cromwell

Old Post 09-06-2006 06:56 PM