Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > Bear with me here!!! About Korean cars.. they are not CHEAP!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HyundaiWRC

Bear with me here!!! About Korean cars.. they are not CHEAP!

Ok, sorry, i'm a little cranky, i've been working for 22 hours so far... just taking a little break .. so I check this forums and hear that many people think that Korean cars are CHEAP.

1. Korean cars are not cheap,just VALUE PRICED. The Korean currency is worth less than American and Japanese currency. 90% OF kOREANS own Korean cars.. they are not cheap.

How about those older model Kia's? yeah, you can blame Mazda for that... because the Kia's have Mazda Protege Engines. Now because Hyundai owns Kia in 2000, The Kia Optima(a redesigned Hyundai Sonata) and allthe new kia's are now Hyundai/Kia technology.. thats why they improved so much.

Korean cars, are not low quality anymore.. thats the old days when Mitsubishi screwed them over with crappy engine parts(thats when Hyundai's had Mitsubishi engines). All Hyundai's right now are Korean technology.. except for the Tiburon's Suspension which was engineered by Porsche.

You people don't know how many awards and honors Hyundai cars have recieved.. no wonder my uncle traded in his 1998 Honda Civic for a 2000 Elantra.

I can be saying alot more about Korean cars.. but I can't think right now... i'm so tired and I can't sleep until 6 more hours (its 4:00a.m here) I've owned 4 Korean cars. 1996 Hyundai Accent(sold it at 125,000 miles) 1998 Sonata(sold it at 89,000 miles), 1999 Hyundai Sonata and now I have a 2000 Tiburon.

Here is all the crappy faces for all you people who dis Korean cars.. :omg: :sad: :sleepy:

To the people who are interested.. I know everything about korean cars.. so if you have questions.. you can ask me.

Last edited by HyundaiWRC on 06-22-2002 at 08:05 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-22-2002 08:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HyundaiWRC Click here to Send HyundaiWRC a Private Message Find more posts by HyundaiWRC Add HyundaiWRC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

But the bottom line is, that except for the Tiburon, the rest of the Hyundai line that we'll see here in the US SUCKS!!And I'll be damned if I'd want to get in a accident being in a KIA or Hyundai. I don't care what damn safety reports say that hyundai's are safe cars.... I've seen the wreckage. And while you're on the subject of Korean cars, tell us about Daewoo.

Old Post 06-22-2002 06:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HyundaiWRC

See what the japanese have done? they have plagued with frightening thoughts about Old Hyundai's and the plagued is still active to peoples minds. Good job Mitsubishi fools.

Old Post 06-22-2002 07:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HyundaiWRC Click here to Send HyundaiWRC a Private Message Find more posts by HyundaiWRC Add HyundaiWRC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

but ummm, you didn't answer my question. Tell us about Daewoo. Another "infamous" korean car company.

Old Post 06-24-2002 01:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
takumi_iD

um.. korean cars RITE NOW suck..

yes dey have improved over da years.. but u cant compare dem to the japanese best..n datz due to da fact korean car making has a shorter history...

here in australia, korean cars lure customers by being "cheap" and "feature packed" not "engineering" .. dey simply wont sell if it were "engineering".

NOTE : jap cars years ago were going thru wot korean cars r going thru now ...

Old Post 06-25-2002 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for takumi_iD Click here to Send takumi_iD a Private Message Find more posts by takumi_iD Add takumi_iD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

hey, Daewooz aint soo bad, da leganza iz pretty nice for a midsize sedan, priced at $10,000.. Hyundai's are good, the Sonata lookz nice, the XG350 is a very luxurious car the best u can get wit the money, Tiburonz are really nice at $15000, itz rivals are da RSX and the Celica, but $10,000 cheaper... most Korean carz are even designed by Italianz, n their not that bad of a ride, if any of u been in one...

Old Post 06-25-2002 05:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

Actually I've been in one of the new Tiburons. Impressive car. Now then again I've rented other Hyundai's and Daewoos. POS. Plain and simple.

Old Post 06-28-2002 07:03 PM
skandaluss
*~ SOO JUNG EE ~*

my mom wants to buy me a korean car .. but molla .. korean cars don't look so good to me :| [i want an acura rsx] :huh:

Old Post 07-02-2002 04:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for skandaluss Click here to Send skandaluss a Private Message Visit skandaluss's homepage! Find more posts by skandaluss Add skandaluss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

i want an nsx

Props To Huby

Old Post 07-02-2002 04:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

i got the RSX and been in an nsx, nsx iz nice buh parentz wont let me get it.... If mah parentz said no to the rsx i wouldve been stuck wit the tiburon buh i realli wouldn't have cared, Itz nice... Tiburonz a good car, msrp priced at 15,000 n the gt for 18,000, comez wit the V6 dohc 180hp, itz pretty good. Buh still mah rsx still kiz ass haha!!

Old Post 07-02-2002 04:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skandaluss
*~ SOO JUNG EE ~*

quote:
Originally posted by Street RSX
i got the RSX and been in an nsx, nsx iz nice buh parentz wont let me get it.... If mah parentz said no to the rsx i wouldve been stuck wit the tiburon buh i realli wouldn't have cared, Itz nice... Tiburonz a good car, msrp priced at 15,000 n the gt for 18,000, comez wit the V6 dohc 180hp, itz pretty good. Buh still mah rsx still kiz ass haha!!

well my mom's thinking of getting me the rsx for my 16th birthday but she's like hesitating cuz ... it'll be my first car and crap .. so yeah :|

Old Post 07-02-2002 06:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for skandaluss Click here to Send skandaluss a Private Message Visit skandaluss's homepage! Find more posts by skandaluss Add skandaluss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

Korean cars are nice, especially Kias and Hyundais, but the Daewoo? the daewoo loses about 30% of it's reselling value as soon as it is driven off the lot. Most used cars that are korean made lose a lot of their value, whereas the Honda makes a good used car to buy.

Old Post 07-03-2002 05:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by Street RSX

do you know how much a new NSX is? do you even know how much a used one is? if you had the money to buy an nsx i recommend giving it to the poor. and btw, do you even know what DOHC stands for?

-edit-
yes, i've been in an nsx too.
actually almost every week.

Props To Huby

Last edited by sangxjin on 07-04-2002 at 03:44 AM

Old Post 07-03-2002 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

hahaha, I love it how everyone says DOHC or VTEC.

its not like it really matters.. ya know? its like saying "my shoes have shoe laces"

having dual overhead cams, or variable valve timing doesnt make your car supercool.

Old Post 07-04-2002 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

thats exactly why is was asking..
i heard some guy the other day talking about how his vtec on his honda is the only forced induction he needs.

i think his car was a prelude

but DOHC is the shit compared to SOHC.

Props To Huby

Old Post 07-04-2002 03:45 AM
MellowYellow

my mom told me one of the korean car companies went bankrupt?

i dunno.... what do you mean krn cars are not cheap? i thought the whole point with them was they WERE cheap.... like how a lot of ppl are getting krn cars just because of how cheap they are?

i dunno for someone who doesn't know anything about cars i may sound really stupid but.... the hyundai cars don't look that ugly.... i dunno right now i'm happy with a car that runs.... i'm happy with a CAR.... lol... all you lucky bastards who have cars but don't have licenses yet.... damn you ....lol ... that is so unfair...

Old Post 07-04-2002 04:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

i'll clear it up for you
Korean cars=Economy cars (in the us)
they were MEANT to be affordable, cheap, and get the best mileage possible
and susan the company that went bankrupt was daewoo. i guess no-one were buying they're cars. but i do see a bright future for hyundai.

Props To Huby

Old Post 07-04-2002 04:26 AM
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow
all you lucky bastards who have cars but don't have licenses yet.... damn you ....lol ... that is so unfair...

thats spoilin the hell outta your kids. they dont deserve that.

Old Post 07-04-2002 05:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

i kno wuht dohc standz for (wouldve said it buh already mentioned by prototype) n i kno it realli doesn't matter about wuht it does, buh i'm jus mentionin it...

Old Post 07-06-2002 07:14 PM
nina skygirl
cheezy china chick

You can have your korean car :)

/\many thanks to huby40 for this

Old Post 07-08-2002 04:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nina skygirl Click here to Send nina skygirl a Private Message Find more posts by nina skygirl Add nina skygirl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote