Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Fashion > Fashion Speaks!: Fall 2003 Stories Behind the Collections
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

Fashion Speaks!: Fall 2003 Stories Behind the Collections

DESIGNERS SPEAK

Alberta Ferretti
“The woman of today, with what’s going on, no longer wants excessive fashion. She’s looking for something delicate, soft and sensual. I totally abandoned the bias cut, and I was still working with a bit of asymmetrical line, but a vertical, very feminine silhouette.”

Michael Kors on Celine
“The first thing to think about is definitely the leg. And then there is also the whole emphasis of going back to the waist—you know, really a womanly silhouette. As soon as you pull the waist up, it just makes everyone’s legs look endless, which I think is fabulous.”

Karl Lagerfeld on Chanel
“What is new? It’s a miniskirt with an underskirt, because it gives a physical aspect of the miniskirt that is less aggressive and easier to live in.”

John Galliano on Christian Dior
“We wanted to do that kind of hard-core look but in the most beautiful, refined, traditional English Queen Mother colors. It was the idea of mixing something as romantic as the most beautiful Beaton-esque aquarelle photograph with the underworld of biker and rubber. The subversiveness—I love that clash!”

Ennio Capasa on Costume National
“The theme is digital beauty. Digital inspired me to try to define a new eroticism—not the traditional eroticism but something more graphic, more slick.”

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-22-2003 09:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

Domenico Dolce on Dolce & Gabbana
“This collection explores the street, the techno. I took inspiration from mixing these techno clothes with my style—with the sexy, with the glamour, with the sensual clothes, with the flower…my elements.”
Stefano Gabbana on Dolce & Gabbana
“There are many women that want to wear special clothes, unique clothes. We make these clothes to give these women a dream.”

Giambattista Valli on Emanuel Ungaro
“The idea for the collection comes from the blue period from Picasso, which is the most poetic vision of the circus because it’s not the glamorous side. It’s more like the sentimental side, the human side. I wanted to dress women by feelings, and so we have different layers of fabrics and materials to give this idea of sentiments—one over the other one, like life.”

Giorgio Armani on Emporio Armani
“These clothes are very eclectic. I think this is something that women really care about. They don’t want to be restricted to a total look. They want pieces that they can play with in many different ways to create many different looks.”

Karl Lagerfeld on Fendi
“At Fendi there is a body-conscious skeleton cut, showing the proportions of the woman’s body and making it thin, warm, comfortable and light. It’s all about lightness, shine, brilliance. It’s all about wrapping comfortably the woman’s body.”

Giorgio Armani
“It’s a feminine silhouette, but not feminine in the sense of Sartre. It’s not at all romantic; it’s about a rather strong femininity. It’s all in black and white. We decided to portray a young woman with the short skirts, the modern hair. It’s a mix of rock and roll and the twenties, thirties, forties. I believe in fashion we no longer invent anything. We just recuperate things here and there and mix them up.”

Old Post 06-22-2003 09:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

Hussein Chalayan
“I wanted to have a lot of underwear references, and I wanted to really look at ordinary clothes, like check shirts and corsetry, suspendery things, and then combine that with real clothes. I think it is the idea of bringing fantasy and reality together for me in a way that I find exciting.”

Roberto Cavalli
“With my show I love to make the people dream. With this dress I would like to tell you ‘Come with me. We go together to the Oscars, we go together to the Grammys, we go together to the Music Awards. Come with me, come with me. I will be close to you. I will be on you!’”

Old Post 06-22-2003 09:40 PM
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

i like

and

....but i wouldn't wear those in singapore, a bit too over dressed haha maybe in japan!

Old Post 06-23-2003 04:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i like the alberta ferretti one, but i prolly wudn't wear the hosiery with it

Old Post 06-24-2003 04:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote