Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Fashion > Beauty tips : skin care
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

Beauty tips : skin care

How To get Rid Of Blemishes (Pimples) :
CLEAN!
Wash your face with a gentle, oil- and fragrance-free cleanser; preferably a nondetergent one labeled pH balanced.
If you have oily skin all over your face, use a cleanser that contains benzoil peroxide or salicylic acid.
Don't scrub - irritated skin swells around the pores, which can cause breakouts.
Skip toner unless your face is very oily, otherwise it might dry out the skin.
TREAT!
Apply a topical acne treatment containing benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, or salicylic acid over your entire face, not just where blemishes have already erupted.
At night, use a drying spot-treatment product and dab oil-free moisturizer on dry areas.
In the morning, apply an oil-free sunscreen gel over the entire face.
CONCEAL!
Use a small makeup brush to dab concealer or cream foundation (in the exact same shade as your skin) directly onto the blemish. Use a fingertip to wipe away excess concealer around the blemish and, if necessary, apply another coat of concealer.
If the makeup becomes cakey, carefully wipe it off and start over. gently brush powder (in the exact same shade as your skin) on top of the concealer.
Tricks Of The Trade:
* If you have oily skin and feel that you need toner, apply it only on the T-zone, and rinse it off afterward (leaving it on can dry the skin). Use a clay mask as often as every three days to absorb excess oil.
* To stop redness and swelling in an emergency situation (job interview, wedding), ask your doctor for a cortisone injection. It calms down a pimple almost instantly.
* If you can't get to your dermatologist (or needles make you squemish), temporarily reduce redness and swelling by dabbing on a drop of drugstore cortisone cream, Preparation H, or Vasocon-A eyedrops.

Clear out the blemishes:
You have tried everything to clean your skin but it is still breaking out... What to do?
It could be that you are doing too much. You are stressing out your face by constant cleaning and the result is simply more blemishes.
So then? Select a gentle cleanser and use it only two times a day. Not sure what to buy? Look at the label. Often it will state that it is especially gentle or ask a cosmetologist for a recommendation.
If you need a touch up during the day, choose an acne pad. They won't dry out your skin but will remove the shine.

What to do about oily skin:
If you have oily skin and you'd like to do something about this condition, here are some good tips for you:
Cleanse only two or three times at the very most with a product made for your skin type. Washing more often will only strip the skin of oil which simply stimulates the oil glands to replace it.
Rinse thoroughly and then finish off with a toner/astringent on the oily areas of your skin. The astringent can be used throughout the day to help control the excess oil that appears.

How To Get Gorgeous Skin:
* Don't go to bed with makeup on. Makeup left on overnight seeps into your pores, clogs them, and congests your skin. Make sure that you wash your face twice at the end of the day. Once to get the makeup off. A second time to wash the skin itself.
* Exfoliate daily. After washing your face at night, be sure to exfoliate. Use a delicate scrub. If you don't have one on hand, a tablespoon of sugar or oatmeal will work just fine.
* Use facial masks regularly. If possible, everyday is ideal. Again, if you don't have one on hand, make your own. Mashed banana or avocado is good. Plain yogurt also works well.
* Keep a treatment and moisturizer on your face, day or night. Put your skin first. After you wash it at night, put on some kind of skin treatment, whether it's alpha hydroxy acids, vitamin A or C, or any kind of special cocktail treatment. Let that sink in, then put a moisturizer over that. In the morning, do the same.
* Don't use the cheapest or most expensive cosmetics. Mom tells me that moderately priced cosmetics are the best. They get the job done, and the ingredients are usually pretty good. You have to keep trying various brands until you find something that works well for you.
* Hydrate your face throughout the day. Whether it's a commercial product, or one you make yourself (fill a spray bottle with distilled water, add a few drops of chamomile or rose essential oil, shake it gently before each use, and spray it on) hydrate your face, even over makeup, frequently throughout the day.
* Treat your face gently. Never pull, tug, or scrub your facial skin. Be very gentle when you clean it, moisturize it or makeup on it. This will lessen the chance that you'll damage your skin and get wrinkles.
* Keep your face covered when you're in the sun. As beautiful as she is, my mom never lets anyone see her face when she's in the sun. She'll slather on a high factor sunscreen, put on sunglasses, and a wide brimmed hat.
* Eat fresh foods and drink lots of water. My mom tells me to stay away from "dead food" food that's basically not fresh. She always eat lots of veggies, fruits, nuts, and drinks tons of water.
* Let go of stress. Stress can show up on your face, no matter how well you take care of your skin. Do something your enjoy everyday, whether it's watching TV or going shopping. Your face reflects what's going on inside of your mind.

Puffiness under your eyes:
Common causes of this puffiness are lack of sleep and drinking excessive alcohol.
To reduce the puffiness, you can apply a cold compress until the area returns to it's original state.
If alcohol is the culpret, increase your intake of fluids to rehydrate the skin.

Protect your face from the shampoo:
When rinsing shampoo from your hair, keep in mind that shampoos contain detergents that are stronger than the products that you use on your face.
What to do?
Try tipping your head back and letting the water flow down your back instead.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-28-2002 09:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iLLmaTiC_aNgeL
-huney B-

wow where r u gettin all these tips? they're good tho ^^ thanks for posting them! hey i didnt kno i could put cortizone cream on my pimples..ahh i gotta try that

JOCKERZ UNWANTED!

Old Post 11-28-2002 09:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iLLmaTiC_aNgeL Click here to Send iLLmaTiC_aNgeL a Private Message Find more posts by iLLmaTiC_aNgeL Add iLLmaTiC_aNgeL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by iLLmaTiC_aNgeL
wow where r u gettin all these tips? they're good tho ^^ thanks for posting them! hey i didnt kno i could put cortizone cream on my pimples..ahh i gotta try that

i got them from these makeup people for hollywood stars and stuff :)

Old Post 11-28-2002 10:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
paboh4life
al myun suh ;)

i never knew alex was a beauty-tip-ologist lol

Old Post 11-29-2002 03:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for paboh4life Click here to Send paboh4life a Private Message Find more posts by paboh4life Add paboh4life to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krNswTyUhjA
koREAn DoRkiEsT YuHJa

hahaha man if i hab a skin face etc problem man i kno who to call

Old Post 11-29-2002 06:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krNswTyUhjA Click here to Send krNswTyUhjA a Private Message Find more posts by krNswTyUhjA Add krNswTyUhjA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

yea! *raises d roof*

Old Post 11-29-2002 07:13 AM
Hyesungu
Mike p(X.X)q

some good tips man

Old Post 11-30-2002 11:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyesungu Click here to Send Hyesungu a Private Message Find more posts by Hyesungu Add Hyesungu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

i should try some of these one time lol

Old Post 04-10-2003 12:15 AM
saranghae

wow.. thanks for the tips alex~ ^^

blah.. i get lazy with those face masks.. haha.. i do them like once every month or so ^^ or when i feel like it xP

Old Post 04-10-2003 04:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote