Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Spiritual Life > praying in school.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
micron
all i need is a miracle

praying in school.

once in a while, i see someone praying in school before they eat. whenever i see these people, i feel this tingling in my heart... and an outermost admiration that i dont have for anyone else. its because they arent ashamed of their God.

do you pray in school? or should i rephrase, do you have the guts to pray in school? its hard to be different.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-21-2002 02:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

Re: praying in school.

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee

do you pray in school? or should i rephrase, do you have the guts to pray in school? its hard to be different.

to tell u the truth, i really dont pray in school. heh i guess im just scared that people are going to point fingers and laugh at me. and lack of faith i guess.

Old Post 06-21-2002 03:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

most people pray before their they eat to thank God for their meal.

I, however, have some serious complaints....

Old Post 06-21-2002 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

quote:
once in a while, i see someone praying in school before they eat. whenever i see these people, i feel this tingling in my heart... and an outermost admiration that i dont have for anyone else. its because they arent ashamed of their God.

mann i kno exactly what u are talkin about...

i pray wit my eyes open

Old Post 06-21-2002 08:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

its ignorants who find religon funny that make it hard for people to be able to fully express their beliefs and appreciation to god.

peer pressure sucks man.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 06-21-2002 09:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

o..
yea i see this one american junior praying before she eats..

i feel guilty but.. yea, crazydebater's right.. peer pressure sucks... :huh:

Old Post 06-21-2002 09:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

of course i pray b4 i eat - anywhere. at skool, at a restaurant, at a frend's house, duzn't matter. do pplz give u guys pressure bcuz u do? thaz just wrong...they shud learn to respect othr pplz's religions. well...i alwaize thot everyone did that...

Old Post 06-23-2002 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

peer pressure sucks? maybe so.
but whats sad is the fact that those who yield due to peer pressuere do so because they are ashamed of their very own God. and then they call themselves Christians. how so?

mark 8:38
if anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels.

Old Post 06-23-2002 03:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

hm.. o. .... hm.. never thought about that :huh:
dang, whys it so HARD tho??? ...

why.t.f did eve swallow, and make adam swallow the frqn piece of dirty apple!?!?!?!?!?

......... *sigh* :huh:

Old Post 06-23-2002 08:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shoujo

u know, i don't pray before i eat i just make the cross sign..
and, sometimes i do the cross sign before i eat in school. sometimes i forget doing that tho.

Old Post 06-23-2002 12:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for shoujo Click here to Send shoujo a Private Message Find more posts by shoujo Add shoujo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

sometimes i will pray before I eat lunch at skoo', but i don't really like attracting attention to myself, so when I'm walking on the way to lunch I will usually say my own little prayer.

Old Post 07-27-2002 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

i gotta admit. the only time i pray before eating or in public is when im with church people. when i eat, i just dig in, its not really a habit for me to pray before i eat unless i see my friend doing it. it reminds me n so i pray too

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 07-28-2002 08:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

i pray at skool before a test. :satisfy:

Old Post 07-28-2002 08:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

my friends do it all the time...why should anyone be ashamed in what they believe in

Old Post 07-28-2002 08:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

My friend says that the school food isn't real.

Old Post 07-29-2002 07:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

quote:

its not taht i mind or even care what other people think or wat ma friendz think....its jus dat....i forget :omg:

i kno...pretty lame...i try to remember

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Old Post 07-30-2002 12:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

i sit with people who smoke pot and dont believe in god. so that would be really hard for me to do that.

Old Post 08-08-2002 05:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

HmM... well i pray before i eat... thats anywhere, but it took me a while to build up the habbit, well i shouldn't look at praying as a habbit, but its a start... i really dun't have any pressure from friends, maybe cuz there all christians themselves... i see praying at school as a way to inspire other people you know?

Old Post 08-08-2002 09:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote