Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Features > E-Zine > Topic Assignments?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KangtaIsMyPuppy
*Huggles Jaewon*

Topic Assignments?

Okay, topic assignments?

Like, I'm not sure how an e-zine works, but should it be like, each person is assigned to a topic each week and writes about it, and then we put everyone's articles together?

Well, if that's how it goes, how about I suggest some topics that people could write for and then the volunteers choose?

We could have:
News Overview - The writer restates the week's news, and some news that wasn't posted on the site.

Artist of The Week - Each week the current popular artist is featured with information and pictures.

Recommendations - Every week, a few people offer their top 10 Recommendations for KPOP songs

KPOP Says .. - Each week someone finds meaningful or funny KPOP lyrics they enjoy and posts them

People's Choice - Writer asks people their opinions on a new KPOP star each week.

Korea - Someone who reports each week on how Korea is doing!

Those are just a few suggestions, please suggest more! Those won't be the names of them but lol.
I'd like to the Recommendations section ^^

But, now that I have touched
the sky....
I miss the ground.
Because all my loves
and dreams....
are there."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-05-2002 08:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KangtaIsMyPuppy Click here to Send KangtaIsMyPuppy a Private Message Visit KangtaIsMyPuppy's homepage! Find more posts by KangtaIsMyPuppy Add KangtaIsMyPuppy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hyesungu
Mike p(X.X)q

Sounds good.. :thumbup:

Old Post 11-05-2002 09:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyesungu Click here to Send Hyesungu a Private Message Find more posts by Hyesungu Add Hyesungu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whiterose
kpop freak

those ideas all sound really good.

(i'm a new poster here, but i've been reading for a while. how bad is that? haha)

i've been racking my brain all nite trying to think of more ideas, cuz yours are so good!

here's a couple more suggestions, just suggestions though...

1. useful tip of the week - everything from how to get an audition to how to say "will you marry me, in-sung" in korean....

2. website review - kinda like restaurant reviews, but of websites. people propose websites (like in the jusunlee top sites, but preferably english sites with korean entertainment focus, but maybe korean sites too...) and a judge or judges checks them out thoroughly and lets people know what its all about.
this idea might not work too well, cuz there aren't actually all that many korean enertainment sites in english. but it could work for a while....

3. investigative report - take a news story that was reported on briefly (or not reported on) at jusunlee, and do like an exposee on it.

4. rotating editorials - a volunteer of the week writes something, anything, really, having to do with korean entertainment, from their perspective. different writer every week. like rotating.

5. gossip - random gossip about stars thats not really news

ok, those are just some ideas for now. if i think of more, i'll post them......

Old Post 11-06-2002 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for whiterose Click here to Send whiterose a Private Message Find more posts by whiterose Add whiterose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uNiece
GOING DEEPER

good ideas and all but the articles don't have to all be related to kpop or the music industry. you'll see in the zandd articles, some were related to life, stuff people think critically about, and other deep stuff. but there were articles that presented the ideas you just suggested, so they work as well. i guess since everyone has their personal writing styles and stuff they want to express in their writing (like myself), let's let each one decide what type of column they would like to run.
oh, and the ezine will be updated on a monthly basis, so everyone technically has a month to write an article before it's due. but i think we should all tell each other what each of us want to cover in our writings so no two people write about the same thing.

He remembered us when we were in trouble. His love continues forever. PSALM 136:23

Old Post 11-06-2002 03:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for uNiece Click here to Send uNiece a Private Message Find more posts by uNiece Add uNiece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whiterose
kpop freak

sigh.... sadly i never saw zzand. it died before i got to know about kpop or korean entertainment....
thx for the tip though.
and once a month? thats ok too.
yeh, we gotta figure out some kinda communication for making sure that we're covering different stuff, but somehow, we gotta make the ezine cohesive at the same time....

Old Post 11-06-2002 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for whiterose Click here to Send whiterose a Private Message Find more posts by whiterose Add whiterose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

yea zandd was a very good example.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 11-06-2002 04:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

to those you previously showed an interest in becoming or want to become a writer for our ezine:

it is your responsibility (for better or for worse) to choose a topic of your interest and name your own column. if you arent sure what you want your column to cover, you can refer to our first issue to get some ideas. the columns doesnt necessarily have to do with kpop, or korean culture for that matter. we'll be focusing more on asian culture as a whole. moreover, our first e-zine issue should serve as an example to what future releases will be like.

id like everyone who is interested in writing to let me know of the the name and topic of your column by the middle of november. articles should be submitted, via an online form (details later), by the fifth of every month (that being our monthly cycle), which would mean that our second issue will be pressed for time. im not entirely concerned about the promptness of our next release though, but im hoping from thereafter, we'll be able to release issues before the deadlines. lastly, you'll be able to choose an avatar with the dimensions 150x150 to compliment your column, which i will ask of you around the time i create your user accounts for automated e-zine submissions.

well. i think thats it for now. ill come back to you if i remember anything else that i forget the first time around.

Old Post 11-07-2002 12:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
whiterose
kpop freak

ok guys, i'm getting really interested in this ezine. i think it will be a lot of fun.

now, as i told you guys before, i'm a pro writer, so i'm having trouble nailing down which topic i wanna cover, cuz i wanna do so much

i think we all gotta step forward, though, and say what we're gonna do so that there won't be overlap too much.

i think i wanna write a column on a non-asian person's perspective on asian culture. that'll be really easy for me, cuz that's exactly my situation. i hope that might be interesting to some people....

also, i wanna do a website focus column, as i suggested above. i know tons of english websites for korean stuff, so i think it'd be good to expose people to them by reviewing them. of course, if you have sites you want me to review, definately email me~!

otherwise, i can imagine doing filler stuff, just like random short stuff, but i dunno where or if it'll fit in exactly. we'll have to wait and see.

am i allowed to do two columns? i hope so..... otherwise, maybe i'll rotate them by issue or something.

also, if anyone wants their writing checked and edited for grammar or anything before publishing, please send it to me, i'll be glad to help you out~

Old Post 11-09-2002 09:40 PM
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i'd like to do opinion/editorial. duz it hav to be more specific? cuz i can write on nethin..opinions on azn music, azn economics, azn policies, azn parents, azn religion, w/e. i'll title mai column "terri's tower"

Old Post 11-10-2002 06:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote